Page 627 of 750 FirstFirst ... 127527577617623624625626627628629630631637677727 ... LastLast
Results 9,391 to 9,405 of 11243
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    Shuri isn't Robin.

People think in such tiny ways about this stuff.

We've already established that you get the king/queenship of Wakanda via trial-by-combat.

there's a version of the universe where she's both the black panther and NO LONGER the ruler.
    there's a version where someone else is both ruler and black panther and Shuri gets to have her OWN adventures, enemies, identity.
    there's a version where we simply recast the T'Challa role as we have for nearly a century with James Bond, Superman and Batman.

If it was my choice I'd recast the role. I'd make a big deal of finding the "right" actor for it and remind folks that the character is bigger and older than any actor who plays him.
    Yes, indeed. I would also add Doctor Who. Being able to recast the main character is why the series has been around for 50 years. Most of the tropes from Doctor Who came from the second actor who took on the title role.

Lastly, I am quite sure a young, black Christopher Reeve is waiting for opportunity to wow the world.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/ta-n...n-action-list/

"We're so excited to bring Black Panther back to the stands, and we thank all our readers for their patience," said editor Wil Moss. "I promise, these last three issues will be worth the wait — Ta-Nehisi and Daniel have been building to this finale for over two years now, and the ensuing battle between the forces of T'Challa's Wakanda and Emperor N'Jadaka's Intergalactic Empire is going to knock your socks off! Just wait'll you see who shows up to help defend Wakanda…"

Has previews too... Nhl I didn't think I would ever see a scene with so many black heroes, and feel.. nothing at all in fact I felt an eye rollat the notion that Wakanda is so weak it needs this much hell from outsiders.
    I'm honestly kind of surprised. I half suspected this was actually cancelled at this point.

I'll definitely have to re-read this story arc to remember anything going on. The question is whether I want to re-read all of Coates's work or (if I'm actually a glutton for punishment), the spinoff books that were released along the way.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Pumbaa View Post
    Finally, something to look forward to. Is that Nakia on the right, next to the previous panthers?
    That's baby Bast I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    Shuri isn't Robin.

People think in such tiny ways about this stuff.

We've already established that you get the king/queenship of Wakanda via trial-by-combat.

there's a version of the universe where she's both the black panther and NO LONGER the ruler.
    there's a version where someone else is both ruler and black panther and Shuri gets to have her OWN adventures, enemies, identity.
    there's a version where we simply recast the T'Challa role as we have for nearly a century with James Bond, Superman and Batman.

If it was my choice I'd recast the role. I'd make a big deal of finding the "right" actor for it and remind folks that the character is bigger and older than any actor who plays him.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    That's baby Bast I believe.
    I thought she was the one at the bottom? I'm talking about the woman to the right of T'challa's legs, in the panther mask.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    No, Sky-Fathers are usually gods credited with creating humanity/existence. In her region that would be either Ra or one of the other creation gods.
    Yeah.....the God pantheon for Bast would have either Ra or Amun depending on the era in the Egyptian kingdom.

Both were merged into one God referred to as AMUN-RA

Mighty Member

Fun fact....Bast is not the only Cat god in the Egyptian pantheon. There is another Cat goddess named SEKHMET.

Quote Originally Posted by Pumbaa View Post
    I thought she was the one at the bottom? I'm talking about the woman to the right of T'challa's legs, in the panther mask.
    That's one of the Panther ancestors.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Yes, indeed. I would also add Doctor Who. Being able to recast the main character is why the series has been around for 50 years. Most of the tropes from Doctor Who came from the second actor who took on the title role.

Lastly, I am quite sure a young, black Christopher Reeve is waiting for opportunity to wow the world.
    Meanwhile when will we ever get more comics for METEORMAN.

Mighty Member

Having teleport tech doesn't lessen his fighting skills though. It's a means of transportation, not a fighting style.

Personally I'm glad that BP is expanding his repertoire. I don't want him top be Iron man but I don't want him to be Ka-Zar either.
    Well said, agreed!!!

It's nonsensical for the KING of the most tech advanced nation on MU earth not to have flight and teleportation capability tech at the ready.

Meanwhile over at Marvel website: https://www.marvel.com/articles/movi...-black-panther

Mighty Member

And more....

COMICS
    Published November 12, 2020
    Don McGregor on Breaking Boundaries with Black Panther
    BY BEN MORSE
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...-black-panther

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

So...we still have a few months to wait for any news of a Black Panther relaunch...in May, at the earliest?
    Bummer.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    So...we still have a few months to wait for any news of a Black Panther relaunch...in May, at the earliest?
    Bummer.
    Well Coates run will end in March/April so I don't think they would release a solo 1-2 months after the last one ended. I'd look for it maybe around the middle of summer early fall.

Well Coates run will end in March/April so I don't think they would release a solo 1-2 months after the last one ended. I'd look for it maybe around the middle of summer early fall.
    Why not? They sure as hell wouldn’t wait a couple months to relaunch Spider-Man. They relaunched Captain Marvel plenty of times, one after the other.

Sorry I’m just in my feelings after seeing most of the positive responses to Coates BP returning being all about how they can’t wait to see Storm SLAAAAAAY again. Like we didn’t know who the audience for this was already.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Why not? They sure as hell wouldn’t wait a couple months to relaunch Spider-Man. They relaunched Captain Marvel plenty of times, one after the other.

Sorry I’m just in my feelings after seeing most of the positive responses to Coates BP returning being all about how they can’t wait to see Storm SLAAAAAAY again. Like we didn’t know who the audience for this was already.
    BP and Spidey aren't the same. Spidey has a much larger audience and more books to support than BP.