Page 628 of 750 FirstFirst ... 128528578618624625626627628629630631632638678728 ... LastLast
Results 9,406 to 9,420 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    BP and Spidey aren't the same. Spidey has a much larger audience and more books to support than BP.
    True, but Carol sold about the same as BP does now, and that never stopped Marvel from keeping her ongoing in print, sales be Damned.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    True, but Carol sold about the same as BP does now, and that never stopped Marvel from keeping her ongoing in print, sales be Damned.
    I'm sure there will be another BP solo, I just don't think it's going to come out one month after the current one ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    King in Black: Black Panther is taking place in current continuity so I wonder how that affects the solo's battle with the symbiote Njadaka. Whatever Panther does to defeat the symbiotes in the tie-in should be used against the symbiote in the solo. If we see BP take out a symbiote invasion in KiB:BP but struggle against Simjadaka, Coates story will fall flat on it's face. KiB:BP is set for FEB release and still no word on the solo.

I know we've discussed and speculated on this for a minute but I'm to the point where I don't think it's going to get released or maybe they just do digital.
    There is no such thing as continuity when it comes to Black Panther. The editors don't care enough about the lore to keep people in check

BANNED

Teleportation? WWO- check (2016) the disk under his feet is similar to Dr. Strange's. it's a form of mysticism

BANNED

Shuri as new panther? WWO- 9 (nine) BPs not just one.

No props given to Coach Coates. Villain with tentacles? WWO- check

His BP work is hypocrisy just like Cooglers work. WWO will be remembered as a stolen legacy

TC is the worst BP writer next to RG.

Notice the line thru the Panther face/image. irony & coincidence on top of theft.

Justice will be handed or heavy-handed

The champion
    Last edited by Paul Muad'Dib; 11-17-2020 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Muad'Dib View Post

Teleportation? WWO- check (2016) the disk under his feet is similar to Dr. Strange's. it's a form of mysticism
    Very nice!

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    I'm already prepared to be disappointed. Just hope that it ends in a way that gives the next creative team a clean slate. Or they could just ignore the entire Coatesverse, that works much better.
    As you can see by the comic cover storm will likely be the main protagonist as per usual with coats

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    We need some new Panther villains, maybe this is a start. Lol

Maybe the MCU you should replace t'challa with him. Since we're just going to make stuff up and assume black people will show up to the movies rearguardless

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...rs-mech-strike

The Mech-Avengers. Cap looks like Optimus Prime.

One more pic:

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Well said, agreed!!!

It's nonsensical for the KING of the most tech advanced nation on MU earth not to have flight and teleportation capability tech at the ready.

Meanwhile over at Marvel website: https://www.marvel.com/articles/movi...-black-panther
    He obviously has teleportation... it's just not standard. Really almost none of the top scientists (Doom, Reed, Stark) use teleportation regularly. Off the top of my head, Pym in Mighty Avengers was the only one who used it regularly to the point where it's considered standard gear. Marvel heroes as a whole seem to prefer planes.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Why not? They sure as hell wouldn’t wait a couple months to relaunch Spider-Man. They relaunched Captain Marvel plenty of times, one after the other.

Sorry I’m just in my feelings after seeing most of the positive responses to Coates BP returning being all about how they can’t wait to see Storm SLAAAAAAY again. Like we didn’t know who the audience for this was already.
    Actually that took a 2 year break between the 2006 and 2012 run.

Some of those runs got derailed by events like everyone else was.

She also had a rather popular trade that kept selling during all those restarts.

As for Spider-Man yes they have waited on restarting some of his books.

Amazing Spider-Man had gaps. 2 year gap.

I would not be shocked if we don't see a Panther book until 2022. So when you do comeback-you have all the attention to yourself. Since issue 3 of a new series would be Black Panther 200.

Now what date would you want that issue to come out that will get you the most attention?

November 29th (a Monday in 2021 or Tuesday in 2022) Boseman's birthday

February 16 2022 (Wednesday) Movie release date

July 2021 or 2022 first appearance

Unless Marvel is willing to put that book out on a Monday-the other two dates would be it.

The first black character under the big two with 200 issues. I would MILK the heck out of that. And wouldn't 2022 be around the time Miles hits 100?

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Actually that took a 2 year break between the 2006 and 2012 run.

Some of those runs got derailed by events like everyone else was.

She also had a rather popular trade that kept selling during all those restarts.

As for Spider-Man yes they have waited on restarting some of his books.

Amazing Spider-Man had gaps. 2 year gap.

I would not be shocked if we don't see a Panther book until 2022. So when you do comeback-you have all the attention to yourself. Since issue 3 of a new series would be Black Panther 200.

Now what date would you want that issue to come out that will get you the most attention?

November 29th (a Monday in 2021 or Tuesday in 2022) Boseman's birthday

February 16 2022 (Wednesday) Movie release date

July 2021 or 2022 first appearance

Unless Marvel is willing to put that book out on a Monday-the other two dates would be it.

The first black character under the big two with 200 issues. I would MILK the heck out of that. And wouldn't 2022 be around the time Miles hits 100?
    I don't think they'll wait 2 years to release a BP solo again. With the big push for diversity across all media especially with what DC is doing, they'd be nuts to wait that long.

They already have a writer(Redjack) who is definitely interested in a BP solo. If they wanted to celebrate an anniversary, they could always celebrate the 250th issue around the same time BP 2 would come out 4 1/2 - 5 years from now. Redjack says he's got about 3-4 years of stories so it would be close.