Page 635 of 750 FirstFirst ... 135535585625631632633634635636637638639645685735 ... LastLast
Results 9,511 to 9,525 of 11243
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MouserGrey View Post
    Yup. I might watch if it was titled Techno Jungle. But only if they made it a horror film.
    I believe we saw concept art for the Techno-Jungle for the first film. It'd be dope if they took those badass designs and used them in the sequel as T'Challa's base of operations. As much as I want the film to build on the spy thriller aspects of Black Panther I also really wanna see them incorporate iconic landmarks from the lore of Wakanda.

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    The problem is once you say that, some people will try and use mental gymnatics to say that "You are sexist if you do not watch this because a female is finally Black Panther" and all other crap like that.
    Eh I would just counter it by saying "The first Black superhero to ever exist deserves to get fair treatment without having to deal with being replaced and treated differently than other hero's without getting 'special' treatment and getting replaced before his story is complete".

Plus I guarantee you none of these people actually know anything about the comics and simply go off wiki searches otherwise they would see just how important T'Challa I'd and what he represents for the climate of the past and present.
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 11-21-2020 at 08:23 AM.

Random theory I have, they have already recast the role of BP/T’Challa with Michael B. Jordan taken over role thur magic/science/multi-verse shenanigans being the how or BP mind is transferred in Michael B. Jordan/Kilmonger body because his body damaged in a battle. Like I said just a wild/random theory I have.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    Random theory I have, they have already recast the role of BP/T’Challa with Michael B. Jordan taken over role thur magic/science/multi-verse shenanigans being the how or BP mind is transferred in Michael B. Jordan/Kilmonger body because his body damaged in a battle. Like I said just a wild/random theory I have.
    Lord no. It makes ZERO sense to resurrect someone else other than T'Challa if he were to be killed off. The fact people are doing backflips to rationalise everything other than to recast makes me despair. Either give us a new T'Challa or don't even bother with making another BP film.

Well, they are doing the multiverse storyline in the Dr Strange movie so it's possible they do a scene where Strange visits a universe where MBJ is T'Challa (Coal Tiger?) and somehow brings him back to our universe. Maybe Strange and T'Chadwick visit this other universe and T'Chadwick sacrifices himself to save Coal Tiger but that alt universe is still destroyed. So now Coal Tiber is stuck in our universe and becomes Black Panther.

The reactions that everyone would have to someone who looks like Killmonger but acts like BP would be very entertaining.

Astonishing Member

I doubt they'd go that route tbh. At this point assuming Coogler didn't make any substantial updates to the script, I think they recast T'Challa and continue as originally planned, but with Shuri getting a bit of a push. We've already seen in BPQ that Shuri works really well as T'Challa's second in the field and it's a nice compensation for those who wanted the character to take the mantle. They'll probably give her a D+ series and have her in an "Iron Panther" suit by the beginning of the third film. I think they'll go with a relative unknown as T'Challa and that Killmonger will get a brief scene in either a flashback or Ancestral Plane somehow.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Well, they are doing the multiverse storyline in the Dr Strange movie so it's possible they do a scene where Strange visits a universe where MBJ is T'Challa (Coal Tiger?) and somehow brings him back to our universe. Maybe Strange and T'Chadwick visit this other universe and T'Chadwick sacrifices himself to save Coal Tiger but that alt universe is still destroyed. So now Coal Tiber is stuck in our universe and becomes Black Panther.

The reactions that everyone would have to someone who looks like Killmonger but acts like BP would be very entertaining.
    HA! People’s heads will explode.

Quote Originally Posted by Mah_Boons View Post
    HA! People’s heads will explode.
    That too.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I doubt they'd go that route tbh. At this point assuming Coogler didn't make any substantial updates to the script, I think they recast T'Challa and continue as originally planned, but with Shuri getting a bit of a push. We've already seen in BPQ that Shuri works really well as T'Challa's second in the field and it's a nice compensation for those who wanted the character to take the mantle. They'll probably give her a D+ series and have her in an "Iron Panther" suit by the beginning of the third film. I think they'll go with a relative unknown as T'Challa and that Killmonger will get a brief scene in either a flashback or Ancestral Plane somehow.
    Yea it sounds like they may be recasting. Unless the idea is that between now (or about 2 months back) and July 2021 Coogler is supposed to have a whole new script. Although I'm not sure that timeframe is feasible and they're already looking to cast new roles, so it's very likely the script hasn't changed significantly. BP2 was originally supposed to go into production by March 2021, so you have a 4-5 month delay and they're already trying to cast a new role, which sounds like not much might be slowing them down. A whole new script and story should take a lot more time than this, I think.

Things are moving a lot faster than I expected. I thought mid 2021 would be when they'd announce what their plans are, but that's the start of production. I do hope that Coogler is/was involved in the decision process. I'd hate to let him go regardless of what happens in the next film.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    eh, that is Okoye though. The other strong black woman in the movie that people loved.

And that isn't even bringing up Nakia, who has seemingly been forgotten since she wasn't in IW/EG at all (weirdly, what was that about?)

IDK why Shuri can't just be MCU Shuri. Snarky lil sister lab rat who can fight in a pinch but that ain't what she is.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    eh, that is Okoye though. The other strong black woman in the movie that people loved.

And that isn't even bringing up Nakia, who has seemingly been forgotten since she wasn't in IW/EG at all (weirdly, what was that about?)

IDK why Shuri can't just be MCU Shuri. Snarky lil sister lab rat who can fight in a pinch but that ain't what she is.

Because according to some people, she became BP in the comics which makes it mandatory for her to become the same in the movies.

Sometimes the opinions you see on Twitter just makes you want to punch your laptop/phone screen.

Because according to some people, she became BP in the comics which makes it mandatory for her to become the same in the movies.

Sometimes the opinions you see on Twitter just makes you want to punch your laptop/phone screen.
    Hmm....Killmonger became BP in the comics too....

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Hmm....Killmonger became BP in the comics too....
    For like a day or two lol.

At least T'Challa was still present.

For like a day or two lol.

At least T'Challa was still present.
    Hey, Killmonger said whether it's one day or one year, it's canon.

I think it's more likely she just gets her own hi-tech Black Panther suit at some point than she actually becomes Black Panther, at least that's how I would have expected things to develop originally.