Page 65 of 750 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115165565 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Issue 19 shows that Shuri scolds T'Challa abd tells him what he needs to do. Ramonda evens asks Shuri is this is the correct way, so as cville said T'Challa is wanting to fight head on and Shuri is telling him to destroy the djahlia
    It fits the pattern. Shuri sent Tchalla to bring Changemire around, Shuri threaded the MA, and suggested they reform the government.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    she clearly didnt keep him down if he still sending a massive fleet to take out wakanda prime.
    He was beaten until Tetu opened the portals to bring troops in. Why he doesn't do that know to subvert Strom and Eden is the real question.

stories shouldnt be written from that perspective. if the goal is that he shouldnt be outshone (not sure that's a,word) by other characters he shouldnt have said characters appear in the book. I like how coates write tchalla. everything can't be won with tech or even science. you sometimes have to get to help and in the case where you have a villain powered by the might of a god it makes sense he would look to help from outside sources.

what happened during the skrull invasion was just wis.
    True to a point, this should never be the standard through 2 years worth of stories. Now we are in team book territory, instead of solo title adding to the mythology of the title character!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    He was beaten until Tetu opened the portals to bring troops in. Why he doesn't do that know to subvert Strom and Eden is the real question.
    maybe he was being gracious. nevertheless, I dont think your example of Aaron is a good one. I'm not saying tchalla shouldnt get any shine in his book (which I disagree with he has gotten shine) but to point to ororo being forced to fight h2h is silly. if that was what he wanted he should have had her visiting the states during that invasion.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    True to a point, this should never be the standard through 2 years worth of stories. Now we are in team book territory, instead of solo title adding to the mythology of the title character!
    let the story play out. it seems like tchalla is going to have to make some tough decisions in solving the memory problem while not doing away with all of the djalia.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

This piss-ass run just needs to be over and Coates gone. I don't care about him elevating other characters.

My problem is that he's frakked over BP during his entire run. His BP is worthless and ineffectual. Somebody has to hold his hand and tell him what to do every step of the way.

Frak that.

stories shouldnt be written from that perspective. if the goal is that he shouldnt be outshone (not sure that's a,word) by other characters he shouldnt have said characters appear in the book. I like how coates write tchalla. everything can't be won with tech or even science. you sometimes have to get to help and in the case where you have a villain powered by the might of a god it makes sense he would look to help from outside sources.

what happened during the skrull invasion was just wis.
    Except that's not how stuff works
    Characters can cross over and not outshine the title Character. It happens all the time.

This really vomes off as a " I like jow Coates writes T'Challa because it benefits my favorite character" had this been Monica I'm sure this exchange wouldn't be happening

maybe he was being gracious. nevertheless, I dont think your example of Aaron is a good one. I'm not saying tchalla shouldnt get any shine in his book (which I disagree with he has gotten shine) but to point to ororo being forced to fight h2h is silly. if that was what he wanted he should have had her visiting the states during that invasion.

let the story play out. it seems like tchalla is going to have to make some tough decisions in solving the memory problem while not doing away with all of the djalia.
    I have another. Spider man had a world ending event in his title called Ends of the Earth. He was in the Avengers at the time and they appeared in the first issue to help(Doc Ock was holding the world hostage). The Avengers got defeated early, except for SM and Black Widow. The rest of the event, spanning multiple issues, was he, Black Widow and Silver Sable globe hopping to stop Doc Ock. In the end BW and Sable peeled off too for SM to face Ock alone.

Characters can cross over and not outshine the title Character. It happens all the time.

This really vomes off as a " I like jow Coates writes T'Challa because it benefits my favorite character" had this been Monica I'm sure this exchange wouldn't be happening
    I have another. Spider man had a world ending event in his title called Ends of the Earth. He was in the Avengers at the time and they appeared in the first issue to help(Doc Ock was holding the world hostage). The Avengers got defeated early, except for SM and Black Widow. The rest of the event, spanning multiple issues, was he, Black Widow and Silver Sable globe hopping to stop Doc Ock. In the end BW and Sable peeled off too for SM to face Ock alone.
    It's pretty much textbook for the hero to defeat the enemy in his own title, no matter how many guest stars. Everyone can have a moment to shine but in the end, you want your favorite hero being the hero and saving the day in his own book.

If he can't do that then the writer should be fired.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    It's pretty much textbook for the hero to defeat the enemy in his own title, no matter how many guest stars. Everyone can have a moment to shine but in the end, you want your favorite hero being the hero and saving the day in his own book.

Yeah, that's accurate, even if the enemy is someone the hero, based on his or her "known power levels," should have no business beating. How else did we get the marvel (not even being sarcastic) that was Spider-Man vs. Firelord? And in that same vein, didn't Black Panther put Silver Surfer in a headlock once?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Ultimate Member

I can top that..... Into the Spiderverse-everyone else LEFT and let Miles handle up on Kingpin.
    Miles a tweener took on a man the size of Peg Bundy's mother ALONE.
    In Batman & the Signal-Batman left Duke to take on the big baddie-ALONE.
    In Static Shock-Static put hands on the Joker, Toyman & Sinestro-when he had bigger names on HIS show.

Batman's kids don't outshine him in his own book. They all got their OWN books. Even Chase & Orpheus got minis.
    Superman's gang never outshone him-they all got spinoff books even his WIFE.

Why is this mess acceptable for Black Panther to be a guest in his own book?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I can top that..... Into the Spiderverse-everyone else LEFT and let Miles handle up on Kingpin.
    Miles a tweener took on a man the size of Peg Bundy's mother ALONE.
    In Batman & the Signal-Batman left Duke to take on the big baddie-ALONE.
    In Static Shock-Static put hands on the Joker, Toyman & Sinestro-when he had bigger names on HIS show.

Batman's kids don't outshine him in his own book. They all got their OWN books. Even Chase & Orpheus got minis.
    Superman's gang never outshone him-they all got spinoff books even his WIFE.

Why is this mess acceptable for Black Panther to be a guest in his own book?
    And then there's Brainiac, whom Static beat himself in the Justice League team-up episode(s). That said, very solid point, and if Marvel could course-correct eventually when Spider-Man started feeling like a guest star in his own book . . . why not do the same for Black Panther?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post

Coates should of been fired after s1(shouldn't of even gotten the jobnin the first place)

I think it's ridiculous that we have to have this conversation on the first place, that apparently there are those who think that a guest showing up in ones book who is stronger then them power scale wise by default, must out shone the title character and therefore can't be crossed over unless fans accept their hero not getting the win... That just sounds stupid even typing it out

I'm not saying he has a utility belt full of gadgets. Infact I have stated multiple times over the years that if I ever wrote BP, I would simply all his tech he has used over the years and re-establish the standard gear as Priest made. He would have:

-Energy Daggers
    -Claws
    -Wearable kimoyo
    -The habit
    -Energy damp boots
    -Bast roar (my own personal created tech)

But each of those would have multiple functions. I would also be very specific in terms of what weapons or tech he is using based on the opponent. I would also assign a specific color to specific tech so that readers can know what tech is being used (this is a personal peeve of mine on which as a Reader we have to guess sometimes what is happening because tech being used looks like something familiar but it isn't always clear)

Basically I am taking Priest foundation he set and updating it to 2020

No daggers.
    No bast roar.
    No kimoyo.
    No help from Bast or dead ancestors except via adv ice and even that would be rare and cost a lot in order to get it.
    No marriage to Ororo.
    The habit would be vibranium and circuitry-laced in the ways I described, for the reasons i described.

The "force push" would be a last resort response, basically an overload-release of gathered energy that would destroy the nearest enemy but also the suit itself.

MY Black Panther would be far more than capable of handling all business if you stripped him down to his underwear and said, "Win."

It's the man, not the tools.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I just reread these issues changmire wasnt the ideal host nor has killmonger been but he told the symbiote/bast that he would master him. so that explains what happened with teri.

that's fine to think that. no disrespect to tchalla but powerwise ororo and eden do outshone him. it may be that njadaka is investigating tchalla that results in his ultimate defeat. we dont know yet how this will end.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yeah, that's accurate, even if the enemy is someone the hero, based on his or her "known power levels," should have no business beating. How else did we get the marvel (not even being sarcastic) that was Spider-Man vs. Firelord? And in that same vein, didn't Black Panther put Silver Surfer in a headlock once?
    Arm lock.

Totally different