Page 673 of 750 FirstFirst ... 173573623663669670671672673674675676677683723 ... LastLast
Results 10,081 to 10,095 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    All T'Challa really did was go back in time to the start of Hickmans run. He didn't really change anything, apart from that once scene which played differently. A lot of people that died before, during and after Time Runs Out still died.

I suppose he could have chosen to play god and change things, but heroes usually don't do that.
    Except this isn't true. It's obvious he used the reality stone otherwise most of the main heroes would be dead still. Thor, hyperion cap etc. Really the fault is Hickman for not just being clear that he used the reality stone. Plus Coates had T'Challa said he held reality in his hands and could of re-established hos marriage but was afraid (stupid scene but still) among other inconsistencies with trying to claim it was the time stone. He could of and should of brought them back. I'm trying to remember if it was W'kabi in McGregors annual so it's not much of a stretch to believe he could bring them back

I'm asking my question here cause obviously I consider this thread expert all things Wakandian related.
    As we are.

But Nhezno or Gentle. Since he has strength and durability that rivals The Hulk. Since he is covered in Vibrainium should his pain/damage intake be less due to it absorbing kinect impact? Therefore making him even more formidable?

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Except this isn't true. It's obvious he used the reality stone otherwise most of the main heroes would be dead still. Thor, hyperion cap etc. Really the fault is Hickman for not just being clear that he used the reality stone. Plus Coates had T'Challa said he held reality in his hands and could of re-established hos marriage but was afraid (stupid scene but still) among other inconsistencies with trying to claim it was the time stone. He could of and should of brought them back. I'm trying to remember if it was W'kabi in McGregors annual so it's not much of a stretch to believe he could bring them back
    Yeah he was in the annual...

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    I'm asking my question here cause obviously I consider this thread expert all things Wakandian related.
    As we are.

But Nhezno or Gentle. Since he has strength and durability that rivals The Hulk. Since he is covered in Vibrainium should his pain/damage intake be less due to it absorbing kinect impact? Therefore making him even more formidable?
    That would be a theory. Next question...will he ever be used for anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    That would be a theory. Next question...will he ever be used for anything?
    I would love so. But unfortunately I don't think so.
    BP NEEDS a companion book I tell you. Cause if your not in the royal circle it like you don't exist.
    But BP is a solo book.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    The myths need S’Yan & Zuri back asap.. BP remakes the world but doesn’t bring back his uncles bs at it’s finest.
    T'Challa's supporting cast is on the list of many things that the next BP scribe needs to fix and streamline. Redjack is gonna be writing Green Lantern over at DC so unfortunately my hope that he writes BP went down, but still, that should be a priority. T'Challa's world is more than just Shuri and Okoye and the latter in particular is occupying space in the mythos that theoretically should be divvied up between separate characters.

She's not just the head bodyguard, but also Wakanda's spymaster, the de facto general right below T'Challa, and one of his closest advisors. I'd much rather we bring back Kasper (as the new White Wolf), Zuri as the cool uncle and traditionalist representative, and W'Kabi as the real general alongside T'Challa. Also a great way to add meaningful male representation in the mythos, which has been systematically pushed to the side for years. Wedjat was right in our discussion about the Dora vs Palace Guards, I'm lowkey getting sick of seeing them everywhere and would like to see other sides of Wakandan security and culture not tied to them. Then cut the redundant characters from the Coates run, especially the mutants. No more Storm, Manifold, Midnight Angels, or Akili.
    Last edited by chief12d; 12-07-2020 at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    I would love so. But unfortunately I don't think so.
    BP NEEDS a companion book I tell you. Cause if your not in the royal circle it like you don't exist.
    But BP is a solo book.
    I don't think Gentle would in a BP book since he was created as an X-character. If anything, any Wakandan mutant should be created by BP writers so that they get better usage. Also, Gentle's backstory just doesn't sit well with many BP fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    If the idea was he used the time gem, Hickmsn probably shouldn't have had him go back in time. It was unnecessarily convoluted. Though the plus side is that it made it pretty easy for everyone to flat out ignore.

Really though, comic book characters get brought back all the time. A given writer can bring them back if they feel like it. Though the fact that they're not super heroes makes that a bit less likely.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    T'Challa's supporting cast is on the list of many things that the next BP scribe needs to fix and streamline. Redjack is gonna be writing Green Lantern over at DC so unfortunately my hope that he writes BP went down, but still, that should be a priority. T'Challa's world is more than just Shuri and Okoye and the latter in particular is occupying space in the mythos that theoretically should be divvied up between separate characters.

She's not just the head bodyguard, but also Wakanda's spymaster, the de facto general right below T'Challa, and one of his closest advisors. I'd much rather we bring back Kasper (as the new White Wolf), Zuri as the cool uncle and traditionalist representative, and W'Kabi as the real general alongside T'Challa. Great way to add meaningful male representation in the mythos, which has been systematically pushed to the side for years. Wedjat was right in our discussion about the Dora vs Palace Guards, I'm lowkey getting sick of seeing them everywhere and would like to see other sides of Wakandan security and culture not tied to them. Then cut the redundant characters from the Coates run, especially the mutants. No more Storm, Manifold, Midnight Angels, or Akili.
    They did briefly show White wolf in Empyre. And he seemed to be leading the HZ. Don't know if that was Hunter or not(it looked like him), but Tchalla at least has one more new guy in the mix.

Astonishing Member

I don't think Gentle would in a BP book since he was created as an X-character. If anything, any Wakandan mutant should be created by BP writers so that they get better usage. Also, Gentle's backstory just doesn't sit well with many BP fans.
    Gentle poses the same problem as Storm or Manifold. He's not owned by the BP/Avengers office so at any given point in time an X-writer can swoop in and just whisk the character away to the X-Men for their own stories. If this whole BS with Storm or more recently Dan Slott's retcon of Franklin shows us anything, it's that importing characters to enhance your franchise's mythos is volatile.

It's not worth integrating Gentle all that deeply into the Wakandan mythos or giving him strong relationships with Wakandan characters because inevitably he'll get stripped away and the mythos will have an awkward hole in it. Granted, no one gives a **** about Gentle because he's a trash character so you could theoretically steal him from the X-office and no one would care. But still, no BP fans are asking for him to join the mythos and the cons outweigh the pros. Keep mutants away from Wakanda they weren't ever needed in the franchise and they aren't needed now just because T'Challa slept with one. They've been nothing but trouble. The only one worth keeping is Muti because there's complete editorial control over his character.

I don't remember Gentle showing up in any BP book

Not even Xmen lover Coates has used him? Was he even in the preview of all the black heroes together?

Everytime gentle gets mentioned, it is by an X writer.

Even that mutant school didn't have him lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    They did briefly show White wolf in Empyre. And he seemed to be leading the HZ. Don't know if that was Hunter or not(it looked like him), but Tchalla at least has one more new guy in the mix.
    I think the odds are pretty high that it was Hunter so I think you're right. If that's a signal of times to come I guess I can tolerate it, even if I'm not the biggest fan of that character. Because at least it may hint that writers remember some of T'Challa's traditional supporting characters and may be looking to breath new life into them.

Ultimate Member

Gentle poses the same problem as Storm or Manifold. He's not owned by the BP/Avengers office so at any given point in time an X-writer can swoop in and just whisk the character away to the X-Men for their own stories. If this whole BS with Storm or more recently Dan Slott's retcon of Franklin shows us anything, it's that importing characters to enhance your franchise's mythos is volatile.

It's not worth integrating Gentle all that deeply into the Wakandan mythos or giving him strong relationships with Wakandan characters because inevitably he'll get stripped away and the mythos will have an awkward hole in it. Granted, no one gives a **** about Gentle because he's a trash character so you could theoretically steal him from the X-office and no one would care. But still, no BP fans are asking for him to join the mythos and the cons outweigh the pros. Keep mutants away from Wakanda they weren't ever needed in the franchise and they aren't needed now just because T'Challa slept with one. They've been nothing but trouble. The only one worth keeping is Muti because there's complete editorial control over his character.
    Can we steal Synch? They keep Gentle and keep Synch. Since he only wanted to visit New York to see Black Panther back in Generation X.

Soooo many people were very upset when they changed Franklin to no longer being a mutant and pulling him from mutantdom.

Franklin had less involvement in mutant affairs than the history of Storm and BP, yet rage ensued.

Ultimate Member

Soooo many people were very upset when they changed Franklin to no longer being a mutant and pulling him from mutantdom.

Franklin had less involvement in mutant affairs than the history of Storm and BP, yet rage ensued.
    Because that means one less franchise that can be controlled.

It means standing on your own like everyone else.