Page 675 of 750 FirstFirst ... 175575625665671672673674675676677678679685725 ... LastLast
Results 10,111 to 10,125 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Franklin lost his powers and wanted to go to Krakoa to see if they could restore them. Prof X blocked him from going thru the gate and told him that he was never a mutant so he couldn't enter Krakoa.
    Man, I missed a lot hahaha.

Last I saw, the xmen were recruiting Franklin lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    If the idea was he used the time gem, Hickmsn probably shouldn't have had him go back in time. It was unnecessarily convoluted. Though the plus side is that it made it pretty easy for everyone to flat out ignore.

Really though, comic book characters get brought back all the time. A given writer can bring them back if they feel like it. Though the fact that they're not super heroes makes that a bit less likely.
    It's clear it wasn't the time stone. And Hickman made it convoluted by bit just saying it was the reality stone. But instead in a interview he said he didn't even know what stone he used.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Man, I missed a lot hahaha.

Last I saw, the xmen were recruiting Franklin lol
    So were some fans. It was heart-breaking to so many.

So were some fans. It was heart-breaking to so many.
    Thoughts and prayer for them

Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I think that's actually one of the upsides to separating the Doras from directly being a part of the Wakandan military in the comics at least. It allows that HZ to sort of fill that void at least a bit. The Doras (apart fro Okoye) seem to be a sort of outside resource that T'Challa can call into play when they are needed, but they are no longer a part of the standing Wakanan military on a day to day level. That distinction creates a bit of opportunity to do more as I'm sure it's very easy otherwise to just use the Doras for stuff since they're by far the coolest most recognizable aspect of the Wakandan red shirts.

Course, as nice as it is to see the HZ being used a bit more, I think they're basically being used as random Wakandan soldiers now, which is somewhat lessening their importance and individuality.
    The Dora are being used as random soldiers as well just like the HZ. Empyre showed just as much. Which those two groups should be the ones you call in to get isht done, not out on the field as fodder

Franklin lost his powers and wanted to go to Krakoa to see if they could restore them. Prof X blocked him from going thru the gate and told him that he was never a mutant so he couldn't enter Krakoa.
    So how does this translate to slott being transphobic?

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    It's clear it wasn't the time stone. And Hickman made it convoluted by bit just saying it was the reality stone. But instead in a interview he said he didn't even know what stone he used.
    Again, I don't think you an argue it was clear it wasn't the time stone when he traveled back in time. Which stone he did or didn't use was very unclear... even the editor and writer in interviews weren't always clear on the matter. That shows you how unclear it was. Frankly I'd argue he needed at least 2 stones to accomplish what he did... but the book only showed 1, so what can ya do.

The Dora are being used as random soldiers as well just like the HZ. Empyre showed just as much. Which those two groups should be the ones you call in to get isht done, not out on the field as fodder
    THe fact that the Doras were fighting alongside the Avengers and FF was the book showing that they're the ones T'Challa called to get isht done. Thats the book showing that they're more than just fodder. Still red shirts... but arguably the best red shirts in marvel.

Rhodey died in Iron Man. They brought him back.

It would be far less controversial to bring back some of the male supporting characters in BP.

Coates did intro new male characters in BP but nobody likes them. Lookin' at you Changy and Tetu. He also wanted that movie hit and brought in friendly M'Baku.

Goon Slam Garry was a success though.
    THe thing is Rhodney is an actual super hero. You can almost bed money he would be brought back. A character like Zuri is frankly a lot less likey. Not impossible... but you probably don't wanna hold your breath waiting.

Again, I don't think you an argue it was clear it wasn't the time stone when he traveled back in time. Which stone he did or didn't use was very unclear... even the editor and writer in interviews weren't always clear on the matter. That shows you how unclear it was. Frankly I'd argue he needed at least 2 stones to accomplish what he did... but the book only showed 1, so what can ya do.
    The reality stone COULD do that. Alter reality to the point before all the stuff happened. It's why an incursion doesn't happen and instead we see Wakandas alpha flight and he didn't correct the youth calling him King, it's why everyone is still alive and Miles in in the 616 and not the ultimate universe, and why that universe is gone, it's why squadron supreme was able to destroy and kill Namor. Need o continue?

Just because Hickman didn't bother doesn't mean one can't come to a logical conclusion based on the evidence

THe fact that the Doras were fighting alongside the Avengers and FF was the book showing that they're the ones T'Challa called to get isht done. Thats the book showing that they're more than just fodder. Still red shirts... but arguably the best red shirts in marvel.
    yeah except for the splash pages showing the DM and HZ getting their asses utterly handed to them. And again this isn't new. Hickman did the same thing. The problem is there is more to Wakanda then just those two groups. And yes T'Challa calls them in to get isht done but they should be backing up the rest of the Wakandan military.

So how does this translate to slott being transphobic?
    Bro, this is Dr. Phil situation.

Armchair analysis? My only conclusion is many were upset because they felt Slott took away Franklin's identity, the thing they felt made him special. They may have felt he did it in such a casual manner that didn't go into a deeper explanation or that didn't explore the ramifications of how they would feel.

It could have had a devastating effect on some people.

BANNED

Armchair analysis? My only conclusion is many were upset because they felt Slott took away Franklin's identity, the thing they felt made him special. They may have felt he did it in such a casual manner that didn't go into a deeper explanation or that didn't explore the ramifications of how they would feel.

What I read is that because Franklin wanted to be a mutant and altered his DNA to be a mutant and feel special, it was like transphobes saying that trans people do it only for atention.
    It's really complex and a lot of reaching was involved;

The reality stone COULD do that. Alter reality to the point before all the stuff happened. It's why an incursion doesn't happen and instead we see Wakandas alpha flight and he didn't correct the youth calling him King, it's why everyone is still alive and Miles in in the 616 and not the ultimate universe, and why that universe is gone, it's why squadron supreme was able to destroy and kill Namor. Need o continue?

Just because Hickman didn't bother doesn't mean one can't come to a logical conclusion based on the evidence
    Yes, the reality stone can alter the past... but T'Challa apparently traveled to the past. That would imply the time gem. Again, if the idea was the time gem wasn't used then he probably shouldn't have had T'Challa travel through time. Which isn't to say you can't make arguements that it was the reality gem... by point of contention being it wasn't clear at all. Unclear to the point where the writer and editor weren't sure. That's about as unclear as you can get.

Astonishing Member

Many also made him out to be mutant Rachel Dolezal turning on him, the very same people who were defending him joining Krkaoa in X-men vs Fantastic Four.