Page 678 of 750 FirstFirst ... 178578628668674675676677678679680681682688728 ... LastLast
Results 10,156 to 10,170 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    this just in:

I've finally seen all the art for the one shot.

Boy.....

EVERYONE is going to be happy.

Happiness is a great BP solo!

Okay Redjack, we've got you on:

Green Lantern: John Stewart
    KIB: Black Panther
    Vixen Team-Up

Is there anything else currently coming out that we need to be on the look out for?

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Well now that Eden is out of the picture, who do you guys think would make a suitable love interest for Shuri?
    Until we get a consistent version of the character, I cant really figure who would he a good match for her. I personally prefer the ultra nationalistic wreck your hole civilization if you cross us version, but we lose that person more and more. Lol.

Well now that Eden is out of the picture, who do you guys think would make a suitable love interest for Shuri?
    Tom Foster
    Eli Bradley
    Rayshaun Lucas

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Until we get a consistent version of the character, I cant really figure who would he a good match for her. I personally prefer the ultra nationalistic wreck your hole civilization if you cross us version, but we lose that person more and more. Lol.
    Too bad we couldn't use Prodigy or Synch. Mutant love interests have not worked out well.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Tom Foster
    Eli Bradley
    Rayshaun Lucas
    You know they made Tom Foster a criminal? I found out in War of Realms. He was stealing Pym particles or something. And he in the side book, when they were disguising themselves as frost giants, he was the shortest. But the book was good. Lol

Astonishing Member

A new character. Muti is a mutant and I think those should always be kept at an arms distance even if they're under the control of the BP office. The Wakandan royal family shouldn't have an X-gene. Vibraxas had something there with QDJ and I'd rather they stay together. Kasper is a foreigner and since I think T'Challa should marry a non-Wakandan from the African diaspora, I think Shuri needs a Wakandan love interest. Otherwise both the king and princess of Wakanda will be with foreigners and I don't like that very much. T'Challa should be the only person in the royal family willing to make that jump.

The most interesting option is a younger brother of M'Baku. That's a built in Romeo and Juliet romance as the Jabari have always had tension with mainstream Wakanda. The drama and subterfuge would be interesting enough to explore across a Shuri book and even the main BP title, because of the implications. The guy can be someone who contrasts Shuri's forward thinking, tech-savvy worldview. Maybe he's a mystic or alchemist of some sort. But at the same time, he rejects the ways of a pure warrior in contrast to his brothers. It also facilitates incorporating M'Baku into the supporting cast as a frenemy.

You know they made Tom Foster a criminal? I found out in War of Realms. He was stealing Pym particles or something. And he in the side book, when they were disguising themselves as frost giants, he was the shortest. But the book was good. Lol
    Tom Foster a thief and Eli Bradley a drug addict. Dang Marvel! No one noticed that? I'm shocked that they haven't made Kamala Khan into hooker with a heart of gold.

But we'll over look that since many other criminals have mad Avengers and X-Men rosters.

We dont got to worry about Eden anymore. X-verse has reclaimed him. Got rid of his dreads and everything. Hes going to be in the new SWORD book.
    I mean, he didn't do anything anyway so it's really not anything wasted. At least not as bad as Storm Isht

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I mean, he didn't do anything anyway so it's really not anything wasted. At least not as bad as Storm Isht
    So X-Men get Eden and Storm back and FF get Franklin back. All good.

To fix the Empire story, just have Tchalla send a message to himself in the past not to launch the ship or have the crew take another route to avoid the annomaly. I'd start with just one new planet for a year or two, then pull a Star Wars cheat and build something like the "Star Forge" to build up quicky.

I'd retcon Gentle to being from N'ganda. He was abandoned on a battlefield and and a soldier brought him home. Thats the real reason his "Mother" hates him. But the soldier dies in another battle so she is stuck with him until she re-marries and starts having her own childern. Tchalla seeing that he has an X-gene sends him to the Xavier school in the care of Storm.

The Serpent Valley was in the issue where Killmonger gets resurrected, but we didn't see any dinosaurs.

Edit: Just had a crazy idea. What if we retcon Zenzi to being Tchalla Psychiatrist? She have sessions with him explaining his thoughts on everything from DoomWar to Secret Wars. He powers would be useful in that profession.
    Interesting ideas especially that last one how would that work in your opinion the Zuri one

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    A new character. Muti is a mutant and I think those should always be kept at an arms distance even if they're under the control of the BP office. The Wakandan royal family shouldn't have an X-gene. Vibraxas had something there with QDJ and I'd rather they stay together. Kasper is a foreigner and since I think T'Challa should marry a non-Wakandan from the African diaspora, I think Shuri needs a Wakandan love interest. Otherwise both the king and princess of Wakanda will be with foreigners and I don't like that very much. T'Challa should be the only person in the royal family willing to make that jump.

The most interesting option is a younger brother of M'Baku. That's a built in Romeo and Juliet romance as the Jabari have always had tension with mainstream Wakanda. The drama and subterfuge would be interesting enough to explore across a Shuri book and even the main BP title, because of the implications. The guy can be someone who contrasts Shuri's forward thinking, tech-savvy worldview. Maybe he's a mystic or alchemist of some sort. But at the same time, he rejects the ways of a pure warrior in contrast to his brothers. It also facilitates incorporating M'Baku into the supporting cast as a frenemy.
    M'Bakus other brother? Lol.

I would accept M'Baku if he took on a More MCU look. He's gotta get away from the man ape moniker. As for T'Challas LI.... Zanda! Lol hell before she was ruined way back when I was rooting for Zenzi. But now she is ruined

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Tom Foster a thief and Eli Bradley a drug addict. Dang Marvel! No one noticed that? I'm shocked that they haven't made Kamala Khan into hooker with a heart of gold.

But we'll over look that since many other criminals have mad Avengers and X-Men rosters.
    Reminds me of a video on youtube where the guy talks about a black character that was like the hulk, but had so many racial stereotypes attached to him I'm surprised it was greenlit.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post

Im surprise tat nothing big was done with M'baku on comics. He was a break out star of the movie, people really liked him. Making him a love interest to Shuri would be a good way to go
    the man-ape thing have to go
    Last edited by baxer; 12-08-2020 at 08:17 PM.

Astonishing Member

M'Bakus other brother? Lol.

I would accept M'Baku if he took on a More MCU look. He's gotta get away from the man ape moniker. As for T'Challas LI.... Zanda! Lol hell before she was ruined way back when I was rooting for Zenzi. But now she is ruined
    Not the one the Midnight Angels killed lol. I'd prefer a new brother but that's just me wanting to keep things in-house. Shuri ending up with Eli Bradley or Tom Foster isn't a bad idea at all. There's just always going to be lingering concerns about them getting ripped away from the BP mythos.

And I agree, M'Baku should be revived and brought back as his MCU incarnation. We already know that despite his dislike of T'Challa, he wasn't a complete barbarian and that he respected the king. Hell he even got invited to T'Challa's wedding lol. Ressurect him, have him say his time in Jabari heaven changed his perspective, and make him T'Challa's frenemy. Simple.

You know I've been stanning Monica Lynne for a while now lol. But Malaika and Zanda should be in rotation, no reason there's gotta be a permanent LI, just a primary one. I always felt that Zenzi was with Tetu on the low but that's just speculation lol.

So how does this translate to slott being transphobic?
    Chip Zdarsky stated that he wrote the X-Men/Fantastic Four miniseries as a metaphor for a transgender teen coming out to their parents.

Hence, Slott retconning Frank to never being a mutant is transphobic in people's eyes.

Me? I think the retcon was dumb. I also think calling Slott transphobic based on this story is idiotic.