Page 68 of 750 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118168568 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 11243
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Arm lock.

Totally different
    Point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    That's the Black panther I know. The one that scolds tony for relying on too much technology. the one that broke a space werewolve's neck in fantastic four when they thought he was disadvantaged by stripping his gear off him before the fight.

The only suit charging Id support is increased speed as the suit charges (explaining his wildly varying speeds over the years ranging from Spiderman speed to what weve seen him do in games (his ultimate in Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3) and what we saw him do to Kraven in Panthers Quest cartoon. Upper limit is Quicksilver but only for a short distance at that speed. Kirby said he was this fast and I want it officially on the record.
    And as a very last resort after immense damage the suit releases the energy in explosion and is useless. This would explain even his very first appearance where his speed burst allowed him to dash inside Sue's force field before she could even get it up
    Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    I do however Support Shuri being tech heavy and showing off what wakandan tech can do. Ax the ridiculous magic powers she now has and give her her fighting skill and tenacity along with pet mechanical Panther chock-full of wakanda defense and offensive capabilities that she can use in various ways.

There are other magicians in wakanda. There was no need to change her up.
    Hell resurrect brother voodoo and make him an honorary wakandan. Between Panther shuri him and Eden that's a pretty good squad
    I like those ideas, though I should mention that Brother Voodoo was resurrected already.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    LOL, thank you for this!!!

People want to take Panther back to his "Jungle Action" days. Wanna shred T'Challa up lol

Pls no. I'll give McGregor his credit where it's due but I got too many issues with it, mainly T'Challa constantly curbstomped and Coates continuing the Jungle Action tradition of T'Challa never beating the villain.

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    So what you want is Black Panther to go "BUCKET NAKED" and take off his high tech gear to prove that he has heart...
    Nope.

You know how Tim Burton turned Batman into Iron Man but Batman Begins turned him back into Batman?

You know how the BP'S QUEST cartoon only busted out the super high tech stuff as a last resort while still tossing in lots of gadgety fun throughout the story?

You know how Black Panther also isn't Iron Man because we already have Iron Man?

Like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    Nope.

You know how Tim Burton turned Batman into Iron Man but Batman Begins turned him back into Batman?

You know how the BP'S QUEST cartoon only busted out the super high tech stuff as a last resort while still tossing in lots of gadgety fun throughout the story?

You know how Black Panther also isn't Iron Man because we already have Iron Man?

Like that.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

My reputation for speaking bluntly for many years in the countless Black Panther Appreciation threads, is well known so what I'm about to say, should come as no suprise to any of my fellow posters.

It's been acknowledged by my peers posting herein, that I was literally the only poster who rejected Ta Nehisi Coates from day one, before the first issue of his Black Panther solo ever saw the light of day.

You're all fully in the know as to how much I despise Coates distortions masquerading as contributions to the BP Mythos, so there's really no need for me to rehash any of said reasons within this post.

All I am going to make very clear in the next few paragraphs, is the following.

If you're in the habit of praising every aspect of Ta Henisi Coates wilfully deliberate alterations to the BP Mythos whilst ignoring the excellence that preceded Coates writing tenure on T'Challa's solo book, you are most definitely not a Black Panther enthusiast.

If you overlook the verifiable fact that post Maberry's Doomwar and the disgraceful AvX storyline, Ta Nehisi Coates is the single writer, most responsible for the sustained diminishing of T'Challa as a character and Wakanda as an intellectual concept, firmly rooted in an aggressive rejection of established stereotypes, you cannot in good conscience, describe yourself as a reader genuinely interested in T'Challa or the unique fictional world that serves as his intimate backdrop.

If you're more invested in supporting characters such as Storm and Eden and the feats Ta Nehisi Coates gives them, (which are yet to be acknowledged in their own family of mutant-centric books,)whilst continuously pushing T'Challa to the back of the bus with an increasingly heavy burden of irrelevancy weighing him down within what's ostensibly supposed to be his own SOLO book, you are without a shadow of a doubt, most definitely not a Black Panther enthusiast by even the most wildly believable stretches of the imagination.

So for those of you who love to celebrate the very deliberate distortions Ta Nehisi Coates has foisted upon the formerly boundary pushing Afrofuturistic vision the legendary duo, Stan Lee and Jack Kirby envisioned decades ago, ably followed by such literary giants as Don McGregor, Chrisopher J Priest, Dwayne McDuffie, Reginald Hudlin an David Liss, keep doing what you do, in the full knowledge that I will always be numbered amongst actual Black Panther enthusiasts, pushing back against the tide of disingenuousity that breaks upon the shores of the Black Panther Appreciation thread with ever increasing frequency.

No true BP enthusiast appreciative of genuine depictions of progressive, forward thinking explorations of speculative fiction, based within the realms of Afrofuturism or even high fantasy, would deign to celebrate Ta Nehisi Coates slave mentality inflected agenda, let alone his thoroughly a$$ backwards mission to force his own highly selective take on "reality" within a fantasy setting whilst simultaneously pushing the high fantasy elevation of his favoured character to "godhood" status, within a book that bears the title Black Panther boldly emblazoned upon its front cover month in, month out.

Peace.
    Last edited by Mr MajestiK; 02-05-2020 at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    My reputation for speaking bluntly for many years in the countless Black Panther Appreciation threads, is well known so what I'm about to say, should come as no suprise to any of my fellow posters.

It's been acknowledged by my peers posting herein, that I was literally the only poster who rejected Ta Nehisi Coates from day one before the first issue of his Black Panther solo ever saw the light of day.

You're all fully in the know as to how much I despise Coates distortions masquerading as contributions to the BP Mythos, so there's really no need for me to rehash any of said reasons within this post.

If you're in the habit of praising every aspect of Ta Henisi Coates wilfully deliberate alterations to the BP Mythos that preceded his writing tenure on T'Challa's solo book, you are most definitely not a Black Panther enthusiast.

If you overlook the verifiable fact that post Maberry's Doomwar and the disgraceful AvX storyline, Ta Nehisi Coates is the single writer, most responsible for the sustained diminishing of T'Challa as a character and Wakanda as an intellectual concept firmly rooted in an aggressive rejection of established stereotypes, you cannot 8n good conscience, describe yourself as a reader genuinely interested in T'Challa or the unique fictional world that serves as his intimate backdrop.

If you're more invested in supporting characters such as Storm and Eden and the feats Ta Nehisi Coates gives them, (which are yet to be acknowledged in their own family of mutant-centric books,)whilst continuously pushing T'Challa to the back of the bus with an increasingly heavy burden of irrelevancy weighing him down within what's ostensibly supposed to be his own SOLO book, you are without a shadow of a doubt, most definitely not a Black Panther enthusiast by even the most wildly believable stretches of the imagination.

So for those of you who love to celebrate the very deliberate distortions Ta Nehisi Coates has foisted upon the formerly boundary pushing Afrofuturistic vision the legendary duo, Stan Lee and Jack Kirby envisioned decades ago, ably followed by such literary giants as Don McGregor, Chrisopher J Priest, Dwayne McDuffie, Reginald Hudlin an David Liss, keep doing what you do, in the full knowledge that I will always be numbered amongst actual Black Panther enthusiasts, pushing back against the tide of disingenuousity that breaks upon the shores of the Black Panther Appreciation thread with ever increasing frequency.

No true BP enthusiast appreciative of genuine depictions of progressive, forward thinking explorations of speculative fiction based within the realms of Afrofuturism or even high fantasy, would deign to celebrate Ta Nehisi Coates slave mentality inflected agenda let alone his thoroughly a$$ backwards mission to force his own highly selective take on "reality" within a fantasy setting whilst simultaneously pushing the high fantasy elevation of his favoured character to "godhood" status, within a book that bears the title Black Panther boldly emblazoned upon its front cover month in, month out.

Peace.
    You spoke truth and nothing but truth my brother. Bast bless.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    You spoke truth and nothing but truth my brother. Bast bless.
    It's the only thing we can do in the face of such infamy my brother.

Bast be with you always.

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

It's been acknowledged by my peers posting herein, that I was literally the only poster who rejected Ta Nehisi Coates from day one, before the first issue of his Black Panther solo ever saw the light of day.

If you're in the habit of praising every aspect of Ta Henisi Coates wilfully deliberate alterations to the BP Mythos whilst ignoring the excellence that preceded Coates writing tenure on T'Challa's solo book, you are most definitely not a Black Panther enthusiast.

If you overlook the verifiable fact that post Maberry's Doomwar and the disgraceful AvX storyline, Ta Nehisi Coates is the single writer, most responsible for the sustained diminishing of T'Challa as a character and Wakanda as an intellectual concept, firmly rooted in an aggressive rejection of established stereotypes, you cannot in good conscience, describe yourself as a reader genuinely interested in T'Challa or the unique fictional world that serves as his intimate backdrop.

No true BP enthusiast appreciative of genuine depictions of progressive, forward thinking explorations of speculative fiction, based within the realms of Afrofuturism or even high fantasy, would deign to celebrate Ta Nehisi Coates slave mentality inflected agenda, let alone his thoroughly a$$ backwards mission to force his own highly selective take on "reality" within a fantasy setting whilst simultaneously pushing the high fantasy elevation of his favoured character to "godhood" status, within a book that bears the title Black Panther boldly emblazoned upon its front cover month in, month out.

Peace.
    Please keep speaking Truth to power!

You know Maj, it just might be me here, but I am getting the impression that you don't seem to like Coates very much, but you're always so subtle about how you feel, it's hard to tell./s

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    You know Maj, it just might be me here, but I am getting the impression that you don't seem to like Coates very much, but you're always so subtle about how you feel, it's hard to tell./s
    I'm sure that in his personal life Mr Coates is probably a really nice and personable guy.

Unfortunately, where his BP work is concerned, there's nothing remotely likeable about him.

I'm sure that in his personal life Mr Coates is probably a really nice and personable guy.

Unfortunately, where his BP work is concerned, there's nothing remotely likeable about him.
    Ive seen clips of him and read interviews, Coates is a smart man, there's no disputing that, but he's cynical. His cynicism bleeds into BP and taints it. He comes off as one of those writers who thinks "Sad = Real" I'm not saying that the book needs to be sunshine and rainbows all the time but it's almost as if T'challa isn't allowed to be happy, unless he's with Storm I guess.

Ive seen clips of him and read interviews, Coates is a smart man, there's no disputing that, but he's cynical. His cynicism bleeds into BP and taints it. He comes off as one of those writers who thinks "Sad = Real" I'm not saying that the book needs to be sunshine and rainbows all the time but it's almost as if T'challa isn't allowed to be happy, unless he's with Storm I guess.
    Super-heroes are aspirational, by definition.

That's the entire reason they exist. No more and no less.

Super-hero stories are meant to be plausible, not "realistic." It's like the difference between a truth and a fact. Truths need not line up with events or science but facts always must. Super-heroes are about truths, not facts. These characters and universes were never meant to bear the full load of actual realism and they always suffer when people inject it. 100% of the time.

I thought he was pretty happy in the second season. He got his sister and girlfriend back at the start, and the Dora's by the end of it. Probably the happiest we've seen him since the end of his marriage.

Obviously losing his memory and being enslaved in space was a buzz kill though. We'll see if that leads to any lingering issues.

Peace.
    This needs to be on the first page and read before entering the BP thread.

There have been nothing but black clouds in Coates BP since the 1st issue. No hope. No optimism. No inspiration. Just depression and an aimless hero.

Superhero comics are about the hero's journey through adversity and conflict with a brighter outlook that should inspire and give a feeling of satisfaction by story's end.

Not Coates' Panther. The only thing you feel is sadness and a sense of dread.