Page 697 of 750 FirstFirst ... 197597647687693694695696697698699700701707747 ... LastLast
Results 10,441 to 10,455 of 11243
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    If that's the case then it further proves how Coates finds the character of T'Challa unnecessary that he would convince Coogler to move on, thereby wiping a legacy character out of existence.
    We don't know if there was a discussion, let alone the nature of it.

Coates is a terrible writer, but lets not apply fantasy to him.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

The fact T'Challa life (sadly Chad's as well) was cut short will resonate in Wakanda. I think Coogler now approaches T'Challa's memory as like losing an Icon like Michael Jackson or 2pac.

The what could have been will be what resonates throughout Wakanda, but also what he did accomplish in a short time as King. T'Chaka had a legacy, but T'Challa is the Legend. How do you follow someone who was almost the perfect Warrior, leader and growing into the near perfect King? The unbearable expectations of having to follow him will make for good drama on film.

I think Coates may have tried to convince Coogler to move on because that was his friend for years. Not that he finds T'Challa unnecessary. Now he'll be the symbol for others to follow and try to live up to.
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 12-11-2020 at 03:28 PM.

Any chance that this may take place in the 5 year gap between the Avengers film and focus on Wakanda as it recovers in the wake of the Snap? That would explain why T'Challa isnt there. Okoye, Nakia and M'Baku can step forward as the leads. This film can serve as an origin story for the next chapter in BP and introduce someone that might take over the mantle in future films. Maybe someone already did in that time and we will be introduced to him here

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    The fact T'Challa life (sadly Chad's as well) was cut short will resonate in Wakanda. I think Coogler now approaches T'Challa's memory as like losing an Icon like Michael Jackson or 2pac.

The what could have been will be what resonates throughout Wakanda, but also what he did accomplish in a short time as King. T'Chaka had a legacy, but T'Challa is the Legend. How do you follow someone who was almost the perfect Warrior, leader and growing into the near perfect King? The unbearable expectations of having to follow him will make for good drama on film.

I think Coates may have tried to convince Coogler to move on because that was his friend for years. Not that he finds T'Challa unnecessary. Now he'll be the symbol for others to follow and try to live up to.
    But Michael Jackson and 2pac were real people. T'Challa is a character, a mantle if you will. Also, as a black man, I'm getting tired of seeing us being appreciated (whether real or fiction) after we die and not when we are alive. It's so ingrained in Western culture that it gets frustrating. Maybe it's because of the recent incidents in the US that has me annoyed.

Also, during the release of the movie, people were calling Boseman the weakest link of the movie. The sudden switch feels artificial. There is a way to honor the passing of the ACTOR and continue the CHARACTER. Recasting the character and moving on would've made a statement that anyone could be Black Panther
    Last edited by PhoenixReborn85; 12-11-2020 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Grammar corrections

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixReborn85 View Post
    But Michael Jackson and 2pac were real people. T'Challa is a character, a mantle if you will. Also, as a black man, I'm getting tired of seeing us being appreciated (whether real or fiction) after we die and not when we are alive. It's so ingrained in Western culture that it gets frustrating. Maybe it's because of the recent incidents in the US that has me annoyed.

Also, during the release of the movie, people were calling Boseman the weakest link of the movie. The sudden switch feels artificial. There is a way to honor the passing of the ACTOR and continue the CHARACTER. Recasting the character and moving on would've made a statement that anyone could be Black Panther
    I agree the people who clamored for Shuri from Feb 2018 to Aug 2020 are looking suspect with the no recast talk.

Fair point on giving people their flowers after they leave. However, for a lot of people Boseman is T'Challa. The other actors, director, Feige,etc may just feel its too close to home for them. It comes to the Bob Iger's of the world. If he's ok with not recasting then there is nothing we can do about it. Just try to see how best they can honor Chad and T'Challa memory going forward. You have to remember the major $ makers at Disney found out about the illness when the world did. For them train keeps rolling and I'm sure Coogler will figure out the best course to honor him.

I agree the people who clamored for Shuri from Feb 2018 to Aug 2020 are looking suspect with the no recast talk.

Fair point on giving people their flowers after they leave. However, for a lot of people Boseman is T'Challa. The other actors, director, Feige,etc may just feel its too close to home for them. It comes to the Bob Iger's of the world. If he's ok with not recasting then there is nothing we can do about it. Just try to see how best they can honor Chad and T'Challa memory going forward. You have to remember the major $ makers at Disney found out about the illness when the world did. For them train keeps rolling and I'm sure Coogler will figure out the best course to honor him.
    I understand about reassuring a company's big shareholders and difficult business decisions. But companies need to save face and Disney isn't doing that in this instance. They should've postponed the movie. Also, Boseman should've told somebody (who he could trust) about his condition but I understand why because the US has a terrible attitude towards sick and/or disabled people.

That announcement Feige made was premature and now looks bad thanks to Letitia Wright's recent social media activity. The problem with businesses, especially those that are public, is no one thinks long-term. The announcement was made as a band-aid to MCU stans and those shareholders, and now Marvel is in a bind. Wright made a fool of herself and Coogler gotta rewrite a script and film in Summer 2021. I hope they pull a miracle but I doubt it. I would love to be wrong.

Just shelve it. 2022 is too soon.

This doesn't make sense in universe.

Under T'challa's reign has black panther, his dad the King got blown up. As king, Klaue wasn't capture by him, there was a mini tribal civil war, he had ot kill his own cousin, they got invaded by the Black Order, adn then a bunch died fighting THanos again.

I mean... this was his origin. we never got to see his greatness. That is the problem. He just started his legacy.

So what do you do? Kill him off on screen? That sounds terrible. Have him mysteriously just not around? Well then, how can Shuri take the mantle if T'challa is still alive but just "busy"?

In addition, you are telling me Coogler completely revamped his script THAT fast?

Bleh this whole situation.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Now is the perfect time to recast. With recent comments by Wright and all the delays, they can reboot the entire franchise right now.

There is no viable non-T'Challa replacement so why even bother with the notion that he's replaceable. I don't pretend to understand how big of a backlash there will be for writing out T'Challa from the MCU but right now, they've lost me as a fan. I'll just live off the previous BP appearances.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

Under T'challa's reign has black panther, his dad the King got blown up. As king, Klaue wasn't capture by him, there was a mini tribal civil war, he had ot kill his own cousin, they got invaded by the Black Order, adn then a bunch died fighting THanos again.

I mean... this was his origin. we never got to see his greatness. That is the problem. He just started his legacy.

So what do you do? Kill him off on screen? That sounds terrible. Have him mysteriously just not around? Well then, how can Shuri take the mantle if T'challa is still alive but just "busy"?

In addition, you are telling me Coogler completely revamped his script THAT fast?

I do have worries about the script sense it took a long time for him to write the original one.

As far as T'Challa

tellin off previous ancestors was legendary in itself.

Opening up Wakanda

Helping save the world against Thanos

Now the execution of those things were lacking imo, but its still what he accomplished. Also we know people's "legend" grows more after their death. And their good far outweighs their bad post death...unless you're T'Chaka.

I'm sure they'll do some off screen T'Challa accomplishment mentions as well. Its a tough situation, but we gotta hope for the best.
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 12-11-2020 at 04:27 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Any chance that this may take place in the 5 year gap between the Avengers film and focus on Wakanda as it recovers in the wake of the Snap? That would explain why T'Challa isnt there. Okoye, Nakia and M'Baku can step forward as the leads. This film can serve as an origin story for the next chapter in BP and introduce someone that might take over the mantle in future films. Maybe someone already did in that time and we will be introduced to him here
    I have a feeling the MCU is about to pull this move but not for a new character but for a recast. With Fiege and Co it’s all how they phrase things. Technically, during that 5 year gap T’Challa is not around there’s no ruler in Wakanda and the country probably in a bit of turmoil with wolves at the gate. This scenario would give the cast, audience a chance to mourn as well as expand Wakanda for what will sure be other potential spin-offs.

But wait Shuri, technically we never saw her turn to dust on screen like we did practically every other MCU character. Something tells me there’s more to that story.

But wait how is it going going to be called BP 2... well technically there might still be a BP during this time. It was mentioned when they saved Ross from his gunshot wound that Wakanda has medical innovations that most places do not and with Bucky and Vision they have been shown a greater understanding of the brain/pysche potentially N’djaka could still be around we never saw a burial and there were reports of MBJ coming back...

Despite what they said I don’t think they are opposed to recasting just not for the sequel. Disney is going to hit us with new coke only to bring back the original though it might not be the same in a best case scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Stick Figure View Post
    I look at it this way. There will be another Iron Man movie at some point but it won’t be Tony Stark. There will be a Cap movie but it won’t be Steve Rogers. Movies are doing what comics have been afraid to do. Move on. I get that’s it’s way too soon. I agree with that. If they’re able to take ok good stories though, I’ll be happy. Just tell great stories.
    Except when they reboot Because we know that's going to happen..

Ultimate Member

They can't reboot because Panther's showed up in other movies. Hulk is the past, people

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Except when they reboot Because we know that's going to happen..
    The Dr Strange movie, Ant-Man and Wasp and WandaVision are dealing with alternate realities. There are ways to do a soft reboot on BP alone.

then delay the movie. Announcing it's going to start filming in July and then immediately announcing T'Challa ain't being recast is not how you honor Chad. Sounds like your just moving on and want milk the franchise without the title character and it's just going to be cool. Especially too with Letitias tweets they should of pumped he brakes and let the dust settle a bit. I'd much rather they delayd the movie to continue T'Challas stort and finish it before they just skipped over him like he doesn't exist or matter under the guise of honoring Chadwick.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

Yeah your right, Infact we all thought the mention of filming starting was a almost a shoe in they would recast, especially because how long Coogler took to write his script. That much care and nuance isn't done overnight. So I'm really confused