Page 726 of 750 FirstFirst ... 226626676716722723724725726727728729730736 ... LastLast
Results 10,876 to 10,890 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    DC has red lion. A black panther offshoot. I might start checking into that.
    That dude is Priest writing a deconstruction of BP like Sentry or Hyperion. He’s hilarious and enjoyable in Priest’s work, but he’s a villain and nothing like T’Challa. John Stewart is taking over the main GL book however written by Redjack so maybe that will scratch your itch. I’m still holding out hope we’ll get a BP relaunch featuring T’Challa. If Redjack does well at DC with Stewart and Vixen maybe Marvel will try to poach him for BP, the Big 2 love to swap talent.

John Ridley is also writing a Black man as Batman in Future State, Tim Fox. Ridley’s first issue of “The Other History” starring BL was also one of the best comics of 2020.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCat View Post
    If this is Marvel's approach after the hell they are going through to redeem Luke. Then I'm done!

I'm sure there are Black creatives out there with a product worthy of my financial support.
    There most definitely are. Y'all gotta understand who the comic medium is designed to service and how that will ALWAYS trickle into these adaptations. Big 2 comics cannot and should not be the only way black creatives get the opportunity to tell afro-centric stories. There's many novels and indie comics that have been created that are either better than BP or scratch the same itch that many of us will be having with T'Challa absent in the MCU.

Black Panther isn't the first franchise in history to depict strong black leads and it won't be the last, no matter what direction the MCU does. Having a situation where Disney and WB are the gatekeepers as to whether black folks get to see black-led IPs is dumb and can only be counterbalanced by black creators in other mediums and companies getting support. Otherwise don't be surprised if characters like T'Challa don't get a fair shot.

FYI:

IF a Jabari (or member of any of the other tribes) beat the Black Panther on Challenge Day, they would not then become the new Black Panther. In M'Baku's case, for instance, he would become the White Gorilla or something like that. You don't join the Pantherclan by beating the Black Panther, you just become Wakanda's ruler.

As for the question about Black Comics creators, yeah, we've been out here the whole time trying to make product for y'all and most of us get ignored because of folks pining away for a Black Superman. I've literally seen gifted creators go broke trying to fill this need. And this is with awesome product.

If you won't buy it, it doesn't matter if folks keep making it.

But we WILL keep making it because that's how much we love comics and how much we love you.

Be nice if some of y'all loved us back sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    FYI:

IF a Jabari (or member of any of the other tribes) beat the Black Panther on Challenge Day, they would not then become the new Black Panther. In M'Baku's case, for instance, he would become the White Gorilla or something like that. You don't join the Pantherclan by beating the Black Panther, you just become Wakanda's ruler.

As for the question about Black Comics creators, yeah, we've been out here the whole time trying to make product for y'all and most of us get ignored because of folks pining away for a Black Superman. I've literally seen gifted creators go broke trying to fill this need. And this is with awesome product.

But we WILL keep making it because that's how much we love comics and how much we love you.

I hear bro......FINALLY! I guess its like most things in America, we seem to be the only ones caring about our representation in media. Its the great con, we are teased that if we are patient and invest in what they want, then they will reach back and do for us. Except for some reason there's always an explanation why its just not in the cards.

My old friend Fred Perry will be wrapping up a 300-issue series next year. Not many creators can say the same.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    Just watched Ma Rainey's Black Bottom. Man, Chadwick killed that role. That must have been hard for him as a Christian when you factor some of the lines he had to say with what he was battling with. The talent was undeniably raw.

If Brother Chadwick had lived, his performances as T'Challa going forward would have him be the first actor to get an Oscar nom at least for a superhero performance.
    I'm watching it right now. Man I have never seen him like this on film. Closest being maybe his James Brown performance but this tops it.

Dude could have played Achebe and absolutely crushed it. We were so robbed.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCat View Post
    Sounds ominous... about what?
    The person in question wants you to buy his books.
    He just goes about it the WRONG way.

Pretty much in his mind-you don't buy his stuff you don't support indy black creators.

If you can't promote your books without cheap shots to others (including CBR's black comic book fans)-what does that say about you?
    His hatred of Black Panther movie is legendary.

I'm sure there are Black creatives out there with a product worthy of my financial support.
    If you recommendations just ask.

And I may give you some who are not black creators but have black leads doing better than Panther.

My old friend Fred Perry will be wrapping up a 300-issue series next year. Not many creators can say the same.
    I think one store here orders them and it sells out.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    FYI:

I will definitely be checking out your Vixen work. And I'm not a huge DC fan. T'challa was our black Superman. The only black character capable of reaching those Heights as proven by his Solo movie and as proven by his issue number one sales from coats. People are waiting for this character to be used properly and it's clear that Marvel has no interest in doing it because they don't believe in the character they only believe in their diversity model that comes with limits.

Marvel believe that the success of black panther was only due to the fact that it was billed as an all-black product. I know this because they're trying the same model with shang-chi another character that I love. They did the same with Captain Marvel being all female. It's a model that they're trying to follow rather than actually building on the character. That model will never lead to a black Superman. It only lead to them thinking that the Tchalla is not necessary for the success of his own franchise as long as there are Black Faces involved and it's still considered a black product.
    This is why they keep letting people write the character who don't understand or even necessarily care for the character or his history and allow them to put out ridiculous storylines and rewrite that history. Nothing's being built upon. Batman and Spider are built upon and their history is largely protected by their editors who love those characters.
    1.5 billion and Marvel still failed to even have the confidence enough in the character 2 bill Panther Quest as its own separate entity from The lackluster Avengers cartoon. Limiting the chance of having a season 2 since it was technically season 5 or whatever of Avengers. This company doesn't treat this character the same way it treats its other A-list Stars. They only see it as a minority property that's bankable. And they seemingly want to keep it that way.

I want cartoons, I want video games, I want proper merchandising. I want just a small amount of reverence for the continuity of this Fcharacter and his franchise.

As Flex said sum 9 years ago...where is Tchallas Point man?
    Last edited by Ekie; 12-18-2020 at 05:30 PM. Reason: https://www.change.org/p/marvel-recast-t-challa-and-continue-the-hero-chadwick-gave-for-black-boys?redirect=false

https://www.change.org/p/marvel-reca...redirect=false

Up to 1800 sigs. Nice to atleast read about what Tchalla means to some ppl

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    There most definitely are. Y'all gotta understand who the comic medium is designed to service and how that will ALWAYS trickle into these adaptations. Big 2 comics cannot and should not be the only way black creatives get the opportunity to tell afro-centric stories. There's many novels and indie comics that have been created that are either better than BP or scratch the same itch that many of us will be having with T'Challa absent in the MCU.

Black Panther isn't the first franchise in history to depict strong black leads and it won't be the last, no matter what direction the MCU does. Having a situation where Disney and WB are the gatekeepers as to whether black folks get to see black-led IPs is dumb and can only be counterbalanced by black creators in other mediums and companies getting support. Otherwise don't be surprised if characters like T'Challa don't get a fair shot.

Some years ago I did some research into the big two and what I found out did not surprise me. So I know your points are important and valid.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    The person in question wants you to buy his books.
    He just goes about it the WRONG way.

Pretty much in his mind-you don't buy his stuff you don't support indy black creators.

If you can't promote your books without cheap shots to others (including CBR's black comic book fans)-what does that say about you?
    His hatred of Black Panther movie is legendary.

If you recommendations just ask.

And I may give you some who are not black creators but have black leads doing better than Panther.

I think one store here orders them and it sells out.
    Thanks for the 101

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    I'm watching it right now. Man I have never seen him like this on film. Closest being maybe his James Brown performance but this tops it.

Dude could have played Achebe and absolutely crushed it. We were so robbed.
    I was thinking of Watching this.this weekend. Definitely worth the watch?

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    https://www.change.org/p/marvel-reca...redirect=false

Up to 1800 sigs. Nice to atleast read about what Tchalla means to some ppl
    Just added my signature.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

I still contend the only hero performances on par with Chadwick in BP are Christian Bale in Batman Begins, Hugh Jackman in Logan and Christopher Reeve in Superman.

They gave his character real depth and Chad's nuanced performance was overlooked because others were more exciting. That and the CGI was dodgy late that it undercut the emotional train fight.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

The Mandalorian is proof Marvel dropped the ball not doing a Wakanda TV show. Could have easily done two seasons by now.