Page 727 of 750 FirstFirst ... 227627677717723724725726727728729730731737 ... LastLast
Results 10,891 to 10,905 of 11243

Signed the petition!

Quote Originally Posted by TheCat View Post
    If this is Marvel's approach after the hell they are going through to redeem Luke. Then I'm done!

I'm sure there are Black creatives out there with a product worthy of my financial support.
    Redeem Luke?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Redeem Luke?
    Watch the finale of Mandalorian season 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Redeem Luke?
    Yes... redeem Luke.

Both franchises (Marvel BP and Disney Star Wars) hired writers who told stories that did not appeal to their supporting audiences.

But here's the difference in there reaction. Disney Star Wars is now going out of its way to get back the fans by rebooting the franchise. YouTube influencers are leaking that the company wants to 'please' the fans and rewrite wrongs where they can.

Hence Luke, who was a joke in the sequels (Remember they had him sucking on monster titties, trying to kill his nephew and then using the force or 'coming and going' as Richard Pryor called it), will feature strongly in the new films. Sebastian Stan is likely to be cast as Luke and they will show him being a 'hero' and 'winning'!

Its already started: see The Mandalorian Season 2 episode 8. After that check the responses from influencer YouTube... You've got grown men crying. When it's their heroes they come correct or overdo it. Do you remember Daredevil beating Ultron... lol.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCat View Post
    Yes... redeem Luke.

Both franchises (Marvel BP and Disney Star Wars) hired writers who told stories that did not appeal to their supporting audiences.

But here's the difference in there reaction. Disney Star Wars is now going out of its way to get back the fans by rebooting the franchise. YouTube influencers are leaking that the company wants to 'please' the fans and rewrite wrongs where they can.

Hence Luke, who was a joke in the sequels (Remember they had him sucking on monster titties, trying to kill his nephew and then using the force or 'coming and going' as Richard Pryor called it), will feature strongly in the new films. Sebastian Stan is likely to be cast as Luke and they will show him being a 'hero' and 'winning'!

Its already started: see The Mandalorian Season 2 episode 8. After that check the responses from influencer YouTube... You've got grown men crying. When it's their heroes they come correct or overdo it. Do you remember Daredevil beating Ultron... lol.
    Okay. To be honest, I was just confused about which Luke you were talking about. I assumed you meant Luke Cage for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    The Mandalorian is proof Marvel dropped the ball not doing a Wakanda TV show. Could have easily done two seasons by now.
    There is so much they can do still on D+. I am going to say this again. If they are removing T'Challa going forward in the MCU and are hellbent on that, the VARY LEAST they can do is a D+ young T'Challa series. Start from when he first took the mantle of BP on challenge day, to creating his habit, and going on adventures as Wakandas new Black Panther... I cannot and will not accept T'Challa just being removed from his own franchise like that and not showing up at all anymore. Its pure BS. So this would atleast let us see T'Challa again

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    There is so much they can do still on D+. I am going to say this again. If they are removing T'Challa going forward in the MCU and are hellbent on that, the VARY LEAST they can do is a D+ young T'Challa series. Start from when he first took the mantle of BP on challenge day, to creating his habit, and going on adventures as Wakandas new Black Panther... I cannot and will not accept T'Challa just being removed from his own franchise like that and not showing up at all anymore. Its pure BS. So this would atleast let us see T'Challa again
    Thats actually a really good idea. T'Challa was Black Panther for 10 years in the MCU prior to Civil War right? Seeing him out on his first missions could be cool.

Astonishing Member

As much as I like a young T’Challa D+ show I don’t see it happening if only because you’d have to bring back the original supporting cast in some capacity. He’d probably be dating Nakia, getting to know Okoye, being best friends with W’Kabi, etc. What they should do is a big budget BP animated series in the vein of Castlevania (without all the blood and gore).

Something that gives us a comic accurate version of T’Challa in its own universe that can shine the light on him even if someone else will bear the mantle in live action. Disney would benefit (prestige-wise as opposed to financially admittedly) from building up its animated corner and a BP animated show has lots of potential, as Redjack demonstrated.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

I hope Coogler releases his original script after BP 2 comes out. So all the crying about "Not My T'Challa" can be put to rest. He clearly was setting him to be full T'Challa by that time.

Its been like people getting mad that A New Hope Luke Skywalker wasnt Return of the Jedi Skywalker already, smh.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    As much as I like a young T’Challa D+ show I don’t see it happening if only because you’d have to bring back the original supporting cast in some capacity. He’d probably be dating Nakia, getting to know Okoye, being best friends with W’Kabi, etc. What they should do is a big budget BP animated series in the vein of Castlevania (without all the blood and gore).

Something that gives us a comic accurate version of T’Challa in its own universe that can shine the light on him even if someone else will bear the mantle in live action. Disney would benefit (prestige-wise as opposed to financially admittedly) from building up its animated corner and a BP animated show has lots of potential, as Redjack demonstrated.
    This could work too. And really, you could pull a couple from them but you don't HAVE to necessarily bring back the OG cast. I just think its a good way to explore Wakanda, establish his super genius (at this point he is in his early 20s, Shuri is a little kid, and so T'Challa is going to be advancing Wakandan technology) and explore Wakanda. That could be an issue but of your going a decade younger version of the characters you can use different people, hell look for people who are kinda similar looking of need be.

A big Budget BP animated series can also work as well. They could make the characters look like the MCU versions as well. I say live action though so that it's clear this the same version we saw on the MCU and. Not an alt universe. Either way, the point is, T'Challa should not be removed from his own franchise. He established his world, made it popular as well as his character in the comics. As well as Chads contribution in building up this Nation through the MCU, this should not be rewarded with an exit stage left while the show goes on and develops without him.

It was T'Challa people cheered for when they saw the IW trailers, it was T'Challa they got hyped seeing when he was chanting Yibambe in the trailers, it was T'Challa they gasped for when he got snapped, it was T'Challa they cheered for when he was the first out of the gate in EG.
    Everything Shuri or Okoye or M'Baku etc does is when he is around or his instructions primarily. Thats is the power of the title character. That's not something that's so easily shifted to someone else.

Haven't gotten to the Okoye issue yet, but Taskmaster comic is stiil good. He fought Hyperion and it was straight Batman vs Superman, but Task didn't have the bar armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Haven't gotten to the Okoye issue yet, but Taskmaster comic is stiil good. He fought Hyperion and it was straight Batman vs Superman, but Task didn't have the bar armor.
    Okay, I should be picking this up today.

I'd like a BP vs Taskmaster mini or they can team up. It's like all the BP mini until we got the KiB.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    I hope Coogler releases his original script after BP 2 comes out. So all the crying about "Not My T'Challa" can be put to rest. He clearly was setting him to be full T'Challa by that time.

Its been like people getting mad that A New Hope Luke Skywalker wasnt Return of the Jedi Skywalker already, smh.
    "Full Tchalla" doesn't play second fiddle to his little sister when it comes to intelligence

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    "Full Tchalla" doesn't play second fiddle to his little sister when it comes to intelligence
    I honestly feel like this is an extremely simple thing to fix. Like a non issue. The bigger issue is him BEING there to "play second fiddle" to in the first place.

All of us have been able to come up with fixes to this whole still allowing Shuri to have her niche to fill.

But we won't even get that now.

After seeing Chad was signed on for bp 3 and it was never about the money for him, how does one write T'Challa out of his franchise again???

Astonishing Member

This could work too. And really, you could pull a couple from them but you don't HAVE to necessarily bring back the OG cast. I just think its a good way to explore Wakanda, establish his super genius (at this point he is in his early 20s, Shuri is a little kid, and so T'Challa is going to be advancing Wakandan technology) and explore Wakanda. That could be an issue but of your going a decade younger version of the characters you can use different people, hell look for people who are kinda similar looking of need be.

A big Budget BP animated series can also work as well. They could make the characters look like the MCU versions as well. I say live action though so that it's clear this the same version we saw on the MCU and. Not an alt universe. Either way, the point is, T'Challa should not be removed from his own franchise. He established his world, made it popular as well as his character in the comics. As well as Chads contribution in building up this Nation through the MCU, this should not be rewarded with an exit stage left while the show goes on and develops without him.

It was T'Challa people cheered for when they saw the IW trailers, it was T'Challa they got hyped seeing when he was chanting Yibambe in the trailers, it was T'Challa they gasped for when he got snapped, it was T'Challa they cheered for when he was the first out of the gate in EG.
    Everything Shuri or Okoye or M'Baku etc does is when he is around or his instructions primarily. Thats is the power of the title character. That's not something that's so easily shifted to someone else.
    I think you make a good point about using younger actors if they wanna go the live action route and place the series in the MCU. But imo an animated series gives them a bit more freedom to take T'Challa's character in a new direction and perhaps do their own slightly different take on Wakanda, unencumbered by what may end up adapted onto the big screen. But I admit either direction works if they want to tell T'Challa-centric stories despite not being in the main MCU timeline.

If Disney's not gonna continue the story of MCU T'Challa (which is a massive mistake as most here seem to agree) then I hope they give fans of the character a consolation in the form of a D+ series or something. No reason the character should be left on the shelf for a decade or more, with no major appearances in other mediums besides comics. Give the man a cartoon, prequel show, a video game, something to show that while the MCU version's journey has ended there are still more stories to tell with T'Challa as the lead. I doubt they do that, but a fan can dream lol.