Page 734 of 750 FirstFirst ... 234634684724730731732733734735736737738744 ... LastLast
Results 10,996 to 11,010 of 11243
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Hey Digi you might get your wish lol

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...k-panther/amp/
    As soon as I saw the title I instantly got a headache.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Wouldn't that imply that every movie that doesn't have Tchalla in it is trash?

And what if a recasted Tchalla movie isn't has good. MCU has a habit of the 2nd movie not being as good as the first.
    This is true. The only exception ironically being Captain America: The Winter Soldier, which is arguably one of the best if not the best MCU movie.

Incredible Member

But he already went to the challenge in the first movie.
    To challenge the right to rule not to be Panther. If he won and became Wakanda's protector, there'd be no panther anything. It would be some gorilla moniker.

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    To challenge the right to rule not to be Panther. If he won and became Wakanda's protector, there'd be no panther anything. It would be some gorilla moniker.
    As I replied to another post, he could covert to the Panther tribe. That would be his inner conflict story.

Also, I doubt Tchaka was fighting to stay King in his old age. So either the competition is to become BP with the perk of becoming King because you killed the current one or Tchalla fights as Tchakas' champion and if he losses Tchaka would abdicate.
    Last edited by Cville; 12-22-2020 at 04:31 AM.

As I replied to another post, he could covert to the Panther tribe. That would be his inner conflict story.

Also, I doubt Tchaka was fighting to stay King in his old age. So either the competition is to become BP with the perk of becoming King because you killed the current one or Tchalla fights as Tchakas' champion and if he losses Tchaka would abdicate.
    Either no one felt they were prepared to challenge or they respected T'Chaka enough not to challenge him in his elder years. With T'Chaka killed by foreign forces, M'Baku saw this as the perfect opportunity to not only challenge without taking the PR hit but could also bolster his own position of isolationism and rejection of progressive policies.

He doesn't need to give up being head of the White Gorilla tribe in order to be King. Also, his rejection of the HSH shows that he doesn't want to be BP, he just wanted to be king through fair combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    There's actually no evidence in the movie that the Panther title has a religious component. It's the title of the royal champion and national protector, not "head of the Panther cult", as the comics put it.

True, various characters swear by Bast, but that has about religious significance as someone going "jeez, Coates is STILL on the comic?"

Actually, one of the reasons I thought of M'Baku in the first place was because MBJ isn't bulky enough to pull off this look:

An entire movie....about the inner religious conflicts of Mbaku...the man ape......called Black Panther 2

Mbaku was never going to win that fight because hes not supposed to. Its a movie and he is/was just a protagonist. Just because he and Shuri cracked a joke ppl want them to lead Tchallas franchise?
    Last edited by Ekie; 12-22-2020 at 07:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    An entire movie....about the inner religious conflicts of Mbaku...the man ape......called Black Panther 2

Mbaku was never going to win that fight because hes not supposed to. Its a movie and he is/was just a protagonist. Just because he and Shuri cracked a joke ppl want them to lead Tchallas franchise?
    Not the entire movie. lol. He takes the mantel and the filler scenes have people from the Jabari tribe complain. But you could do an inverted Gorilla Warfare. QDJ could still be his cousin leading the opposition thinking he is a traitor. And between that and a primary villain integrate the Jabari lands into WK completely. All you need is a villain big enough to threaten the whole country at once.

Hoooooooly Isht. Lol man I get we are bored and all and this started with me trolling mildly and shouting out to Digi... But man seeing you guys try and explain how it could work... Just makes my head hurt and heart hurt for the franchise... Like damn they really didn't think how jarring and difficult this task is going to be having a different character try and take the mantle after what T'Challa set up. It's just incredibly stupid not to recast. They are bringing in an enormous amount of unnecessary work to redo the entire script to dance around the removal of T'Challa. Either by saying he is away or distastefully killing him on or off screen... For the 3rd damn time...

No matter what I see this decision as leading to pretty much the same tone as the first movie, or they avoid it by time skipping which leads to more distasteful actions to erase T'Challa... Or they an in-between again, same as the first movie which took place a week after CW... So either all the BP movies don't take place in real time or they don some really shitty things which I feel is going to mark the franchise going forward, and not in a good way

Double post

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Hoooooooly Isht. Lol man I get we are bored and all and this started with me trolling mildly and shouting out to Digi... But man seeing you guys try and explain how it could work... Just makes my head hurt and heart hurt for the franchise... Like damn they really didn't think how jarring and difficult this task is going to be having a different character try and take the mantle after what T'Challa set up. It's just incredibly stupid not to recast. They are bringing in an enormous amount of unnecessary work to redo the entire script to dance around the removal of T'Challa. Either by saying he is away or distastefully killing him on or off screen... For the 3rd damn time...

No matter what I see this decision as leading to pretty much the same tone as the first movie, or they avoid it by time skipping which leads to more distasteful actions to erase T'Challa... Or they an in-between again, same as the first movie which took place a week after CW... So either all the BP movies don't take place in real time or they don some really shitty things which I feel is going to mark the franchise going forward, and not in a good way
    Its no different than when we fansplane away the stuff in Coates' run. Im not even putting in much effort. The stories write themselves.

The stuff they are trying to do with BP2 is the same thing they did with Halloween 3 and look at how that turned out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    The stuff they are trying to do with BP2 is the same thing they did with Halloween 3 and look at how that turned out to be.
    Starz did the same with Spartacus, that 2nd season was excellent.

Starz did the same with Spartacus, that 2nd season was excellent.
    Didn't they recast the actor?

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    Didn't they recast the actor?
    For the third season.