Page 739 of 750 FirstFirst ... 239639689729735736737738739740741742743749 ... LastLast
Results 11,071 to 11,085 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    But why would he task wrecking ball tondo that? He is a nobody, he would be better off doing it himself, he could get it done without getting caught and possibly having a bad light cast on him by using a known villain..

I guess for me I like teams the size of day ultimates or slightly bigger, but enough that everyone gets some development instead of some just being there. Seen but not heard. I think a cast size of 6-7 is good then have an 8th rotating member. So like:

T'Challa
    Cage
    Miles
    Voodoo
    Misty
    Spectrum
    Then on rotation Okoye and Kasper
    Exactly, he's a nobody. So when he destroys a block and steals something for some high level place, nobody with look any deeper.

I'm not trying to put him on a hero team. Hes a contract worker for underhanded missions.

Ultimate Member

But why would he task wrecking ball tondo that? He is a nobody, he would be better off doing it himself, he could get it done without getting caught and possibly having a bad light cast on him by using a known villain..

Writers forget Wrecking Ball is an educated black man with degrees. Who actually helped create the Hulk. He has been nicked the black Bruce Banner.

As for being in a bad light?

Namor and more importantly certain X-Men flooded Wakanda. They are still walking around ALIVE.

His ex-wife is a member of said X-Men who helped flood Wakanda.

His kingdom had ramp camps so bad he got talked down to by his soldiers over it.

He's already in a bad light.

Trying to reform a black buy with Bruce Banner genius-who under a REAL writer would be a bigger player in Marvel.

But much like Miles's Venom blast-folks forget how educated Wrecking Ball is.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    At this point I’m just concerned about whether they’re gonna turn T’Challa into the new Phoenix or not. Between Aaron’s statement that this is gonna feature callbacks to AvX, the tension between Krakoa and humanity, as well as wanting to make a big change to a character’s status quo I’m worried that Marvel might take T’Challa off the table. He’s not leading the Avengers anymore, he doesn’t have a book lined up, and he’d be the most significant character to make the Phoenix outside Namor or one of the mutants. Idk, the only thing that gives me hope is that we might get a BP announcement shortly after Coates’ run and that Marvel would be smart enough not to kill or sideline a character in the comics just because the actor in another universe died recently. Plus they still got to address the legacy of the first BP so they might not want to take T’Challa off the table just yet.
    I'm guessing She-Hulk. Nobody seems to be complaining about how he's mangled her character for months.

Second guess would be Namor, because he's the only other person on the group cover without an ongoing or major MCU project.

T'Challa would be third.

Astonishing Member

I think the reason we aren't seeing any HZ is because we don't have. "Face" of the group. Okoye is rue face of the HZ. Closest we got is Hunter and he doesn't need to come back. Akili could fill the role but he hasn't shown up in a while. Kasper could to but he isn't residing in Wakanda
    The HZ have been getting a soft push since Hickman’s New Avengers, but you’re right it’s not even close to being on the level of the Dora. Though they’ve been lucky enough to make appearances in the main BP title, spin-offs, events like Empyre and soon minis like Taskmaster. There’s a general awareness of them and that’s a solid place to be. That comes down to not having made a major MCU appearance, probably because they’re being saved for a future BP installment (likely BP2).

Once that happens, either Nakia, Akili, or some version of Kasper will be the face of that organization and they’ll be used more in the comics. How much so is difficult to say, as it’s clear that Marvel sees the Dora as more than just the bodyguards they were intended to be and are the de facto special forces for Wakanda, even when T’Challa’s nowhere to be found. The line between the two organizations is very thin for both political and simple branding reasons so hopefully the MCU forces them to be more separateZ

Technically, the HZ _have_ appeared in the MCU. Hatut Zeraze is supposedly Wakandan for "Dogs of War", and we've already met two "War Dogs" (one modern, one in flashback). They don't have the spiffy white suits tho.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Writers forget Wrecking Ball is an educated black man with degrees. Who actually helped create the Hulk. He has been nicked the black Bruce Banner.

As for being in a bad light?

Namor and more importantly certain X-Men flooded Wakanda. They are still walking around ALIVE.

His ex-wife is a member of said X-Men who helped flood Wakanda.

His kingdom had ramp camps so bad he got talked down to by his soldiers over it.

He's already in a bad light.

Trying to reform a black buy with Bruce Banner genius-who under a REAL writer would be a bigger player in Marvel.

But much like Miles's Venom blast-folks forget how educated Wrecking Ball is.
    I guess I just see it like Coates run
    Went out of his way to prop up the character (at T'Challas expense) and then the greater mu just ignores it. Making it a big waste of panel space that could of been used for T'Challa.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    The HZ have been getting a soft push since Hickman’s New Avengers, but you’re right it’s not even close to being on the level of the Dora. Though they’ve been lucky enough to make appearances in the main BP title, spin-offs, events like Empyre and soon minis like Taskmaster. There’s a general awareness of them and that’s a solid place to be. That comes down to not having made a major MCU appearance, probably because they’re being saved for a future BP installment (likely BP2).

Once that happens, either Nakia, Akili, or some version of Kasper will be the face of that organization and they’ll be used more in the comics. How much so is difficult to say, as it’s clear that Marvel sees the Dora as more than just the bodyguards they were intended to be and are the de facto special forces for Wakanda, even when T’Challa’s nowhere to be found. The line between the two organizations is very thin for both political and simple branding reasons so hopefully the MCU forces them to be more separateZ
    I like Kasper's look. I think that should be the HZ official look (maybe with longer dog ears because they are dogs of war) and adopt that. Si ce they otherwise look like white Panthers.

I would like them to separate them and have clear defining classifications. Especially since in tue BP film it was Okoye who outed their mission so clearly she isn't designed for espionage

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I'm guessing She-Hulk. Nobody seems to be complaining about how he's mangled her character for months.

Second guess would be Namor, because he's the only other person on the group cover without an ongoing or major MCU project.

T'Challa would be third.
    Yea there's a good chance you're right. Just a little worried since T'Challa doesn't have anything lined up at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Technically, the HZ _have_ appeared in the MCU. Hatut Zeraze is supposedly Wakandan for "Dogs of War", and we've already met two "War Dogs" (one modern, one in flashback). They don't have the spiffy white suits tho.
    They appeared in a very reduced form is probably a better way of putting it. They didn't have the visual spectacle or uniformity of the Dora, which makes them a less identifiable aspect of MCU BP lore, as opposed to the comics. The white clad invisibility suits are probably going to be introduced in the sequel, likely as an invention of Shuri based off the nanotech T'Challa used. Until that happens, I don't see the HZ getting quite the push that the Dora are in the comics. They need that distinctive visual and figurehead as part of their cinematic portrayal.

Folks, it's official. i will not be taking over BP after King in Black. Dunno who the new team is but I'm not on it. So, if this is my swan song, I'm going out gangster.

Happy Holidays.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    Folks, it's official. i will not be taking over BP after King in Black. Dunno who the new team is but I'm not on it. So, if this is my swan song, I'm going out gangster.

Happy Holidays.
    I'm so used to constant disappointing news when it comes to BP these days this doesn't surprise me in the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Exactly, he's a nobody. So when he destroys a block and steals something for some high level place, nobody with look any deeper.

I'm not trying to put him on a hero team. Hes a contract worker for underhanded missions.
    Yeah, why not have Thunder Ball reform and work for BP? I think that's the kind of thing BP would do and it's another way to expand the supporting cast. Include Tilda Johnson and have a Black think tank working for T'Challa.

Happy Holidays.
    Ugh, so sorry to hear that Redjack. I was really hoping they'd give you that shot.! That's just more disappointing news. Whoever is taking over, please let him actually like T'Challa and want to elevate him.

No more Wakanda in turmoil.

No more dumbed down BP.

No more whiny, wishy washy T'Challa

New LI.

Wakanda portrayed as the tech giant it's supposed to be.

I don't think that's too much to ask for.

And Happy Holidays to you too RJ.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Yeah, why not have Thunder Ball reform and work for BP? I think that's the kind of thing BP would do and it's another way to expand the supporting cast. Include Tilda Johnson and have a Black think tank working for T'Challa.
    That would be a pretty cool idea. I'd also reunite him and Blue Marvel, and throw in Night Thrasher as well, for that initiative. Maybe scoop up Hobie Brown, the original Prowler, too.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Happy Holidays.
    I swear if it's another one of those faux woke literary types again...

2020 really had it out for BP fans

RJ. I hope your success at DC and your other opportunities make Marvel regret not getting you on BP.. maybe one day they will beg you to write him o. Your terms..
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 12-24-2020 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Ugh, so sorry to hear that Redjack. I was really hoping they'd give you that shot.! That's just more disappointing news. Whoever is taking over, please let him actually like T'Challa and want to elevate him.

No more Wakanda in turmoil.

No more dumbed down BP.

No more whiny, wishy washy T'Challa

New LI.

Wakanda portrayed as the tech giant it's supposed to be.

I don't think that's too much to ask for.

And Happy Holidays to you too RJ.
    Apparently that is a tall order. The crap Coates has been spewing was so "groundbreaking" I dunno if it's possible to show T'Challa as powerful