Page 740 of 750 FirstFirst ... 240640690730736737738739740741742743744 ... LastLast
Results 11,086 to 11,100 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Apparently that is a tall order. The crap Coates has been spewing was so "groundbreaking" I dunno if it's possible to show T'Challa as powerful
    oh. it's possible.

it's actual.

you'll see it.

promise.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    Folks, it's official. i will not be taking over BP after King in Black. Dunno who the new team is but I'm not on it. So, if this is my swan song, I'm going out gangster.

Happy Holidays.
    Greatly disappointed by this news as I was really hoping Marvel would give you the chance. Regardless I have pre ordered multiple copies of the one shot, and will be enjoying your Green Lantern run every month.

Apparently that is a tall order. The crap Coates has been spewing was so "groundbreaking" I dunno if it's possible to show T'Challa as powerful
    If by ground-breaking you mean grave digging then yeah.

oh. it's possible.

it's actual.

you'll see it.

promise.
    Oh I agree. Hell we saw it elsewhere during the entirety of Coates era, yet we couldn't get it in his own book or spin off books... It feels like a tall order when everytime we see OUR T'Challa is outside his Solo

I swear if it's another one of those faux woke literary types again...

2020 really had it out for BP fans

RJ. I hope your success at DC and your other opportunities make Marvel regret not getting you on BP.. maybe one day they will beg you to write him o. Your terms..
    Best believe this is what will likely happen.

Astonishing Member

Folks, it's official. i will not be taking over BP after King in Black. Dunno who the new team is but I'm not on it. So, if this is my swan song, I'm going out gangster.

Happy Holidays.
    2020 really has done a number on BP fans lol. Thanks for everything you’ve done for T’Challa and the world of Wakanda up until this point and I eagerly await what you’ll do in this upcoming one shot and beyond. You’re on track to do amazing things in the comics game and your contributions will continue to be an inspire for aspiring creators for years to come. Happy Holidays!

Mighty Member

Happy Holidays.
    Maaaan. Did you put us on your resume like I suggested? Cuz I didn't get any messages about a Mr. Thorne. Anyone else get a message?
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Astonishing Member

I swear if it's another one of those faux woke literary types again...

2020 really had it out for BP fans

RJ. I hope your success at DC and your other opportunities make Marvel regret not getting you on BP.. maybe one day they will beg you to write him o. Your terms..
    Yea my big fear is Marvel picks one of Coates’ friends to pick up where he left off. I hope this overly political, non-T’Challa centric storytelling, Shakespearean dialogue stuff can die with this run and we can revert back to a meaningful status quo. From some rumors I’ve heard, Marvel does want to do a soft reset of the BP franchise, but I hope it’s spearheaded by a Saladin or Aaron and not an Ayala or Okorafor. David Walker is another really interesting voice as well, he seems to have a knack for his work easily translating to other mediums, so we can expect big stories from him. A real shot in the dark would be Narcisse. But I’m 60% sure we’ll be getting someone like an Ayala, which will condemn T’Challa to another half decade of mediocrity as her and writers like her clearly dislike T’Challa and have other goals for the BP franchise.

They might have Zeb Wells writing the next solo since he was doing Agents of Wakanda.

I don't think the next solo will have the same tone as Coates' run. That was dry, depressing and boring enough.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Yea my big fear is Marvel picks one of Coates’ friends to pick up where he left off. I hope this overly political, non-T’Challa centric storytelling, Shakespearean dialogue stuff can die with this run and we can revert back to a meaningful status quo. From some rumors I’ve heard, Marvel does want to do a soft reset of the BP franchise, but I hope it’s spearheaded by a Saladin or Aaron and not an Ayala or Okorafor. David Walker is another really interesting voice as well, he seems to have a knack for his work easily translating to other mediums, so we can expect big stories from him. A real shot in the dark would be Narcisse. But I’m 60% sure we’ll be getting someone like an Ayala, which will condemn T’Challa to another half decade of mediocrity as her and writers like her clearly dislike T’Challa and have other goals for the BP franchise.
    Im assuming they are going to try and get someone "known" to write his solo, hopefully someone with experience in comics. My hope is that after the disaster that was the last 4 years of then having to constantly save the solo from cancellation Ontop of the failed mini's they will realize they need a writer who fans can rally behind and knows how to tell good stories. Like a Hickman or JA type. I haven't seen anything of walker. Narcisse could be one of those Hudlin types who grows into it as he goes.
    Bryan Hill I would be willing to give him a try so long as he was about elevating T'Challa

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Saladin Ahmed would be interesting. I haven't heard a lot about Miles Morales or his Ms. Marvel run, but his Black Bolt was great. It was a little deconstructive, BB was a little out of his element, but he wasn't a bumbling doofus. Aaron...no. Aaron on BP is not a good idea. His Thor run was a deconstruction that ran too long.

Why exactly do writers like Ayala hate Black Panther so much anyway? Is it because they're X-fans first and they feel that he took Storm from them? The character the X-books love to prop up but don't actually do anything with half the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Saladin Ahmed would be interesting. I haven't heard a lot about Miles Morales or his Ms. Marvel run, but his Black Bolt was great. It was a little deconstructive, BB was a little out of his element, but he wasn't a bumbling doofus. Aaron...no. Aaron on BP is not a good idea. His Thor run was a deconstruction that ran too long.

Why exactly do writers like Ayala hate Black Panther so much anyway? Is it because they're X-fans first and they feel that he took Storm from them? The character the X-books love to prop up but don't actually do anything with half the time.
    Saladin is doing a great job on Miles.

The problem with some writers is the same as Coates. They see the word King in front of someone's name(Queen too for that matter) and they immediately think "Oooh, this is a great way to create controversy. There have to be people who don't want to be ruled by a king and have their freedom's taken away."

So they go about creating problems in that country on a scale never seen before to create the narrative they want.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I'm guessing She-Hulk. Nobody seems to be complaining about how he's mangled her character for months.

Second guess would be Namor, because he's the only other person on the group cover without an ongoing or major MCU project.

T'Challa would be third.
    That's been incredibly controversial among She-Hulk fans and on this very forum's She-Hulk appreciation thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Saladin is doing a great job on Miles.

The problem with some writers is the same as Coates. They see the word King in front of someone's name(Queen too for that matter) and they immediately think "Oooh, this is a great way to create controversy. There have to be people who don't want to be ruled by a king and have their freedom's taken away."

So they go about creating problems in that country on a scale never seen before to create the narrative they want.
    I don't get how they come up with these "Wakanda in strife" and think they are somehow original ideas. They have been been played out so many times it's so old

I don't get how they come up with these "Wakanda in strife" and think they are somehow original ideas. They have been been played out so many times it's so old
    to me, Wakanda must be a near utopia or there's no point.