Page 747 of 750 FirstFirst ... 247647697737743744745746747748749750 LastLast
Results 11,191 to 11,205 of 11243
    BANNED

Why is there a DC comics discussion going on in the Black Panther thread?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Yup, unfortunately many black creators have an inability to project black characters in an idealized, fantastical light. And what's worse is you have a lot of fans that actively crave demeaning or "woe is me" black fiction under the impression that slavishly adhering to realism is what makes a black-led story great. For far too many black people, characters that look like us exist as ciphers for political agendas and social commentary, not agents of awesomeness like Thor or Batman.

In a world where Black Panther can seamlessly shift between high fantasy, spy thriller, and more, the fact that we're getting rape camps and gender wars is a damning indictment on the caliber of black creatives Marvel is allowing into the fold. Especially when perfectly capable black creators like Redjack are getting passed up. Or when there are white creators with proven skills as BP writers who probably aren't even being considered because they're white. This comes down to black fans and creators accepting mediocre, self-defeating stories and white executives just giving black folks what they think they want.
    The whole truth and nothing but the truth.
    After years of deconstruction then shepherding the fallout of worlds-ending incursion(s) who really wanted and asked for Black Revisionist History? Not me.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Why is there a DC comics discussion going on in the Black Panther thread?
    3 reasons.

1) There is an ongoing discussion of the absence of 3 dimensional black (really ALL non-white) characters in the output of the Big 2 that predates the thread and runs through every one of its incarnations.

2) When people complain that something doesn't exist, we should point them to where it does.

3) because I want people to read my books starting next month the way they didn't the first time I took a run at Big 2 comics.

if you prefer, please look out for these AT THE EXACT SAME TIME.

A lot of brothers and sisters are bringing a LOT of heat starting in january 2021 and you won't be able to say nobody told you.

Because I'm telling everybody.

PS.

This too.

Last edited by Redjack; 12-28-2020 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Yup, unfortunately many black creators have an inability to project black characters in an idealized, fantastical light. And what's worse is you have a lot of fans that actively crave demeaning or "woe is me" black fiction under the impression that slavishly adhering to realism is what makes a black-led story great. For far too many black people, characters that look like us exist as ciphers for political agendas and social commentary, not agents of awesomeness like Thor or Batman.

In a world where Black Panther can seamlessly shift between high fantasy, spy thriller, and more, the fact that we're getting rape camps and gender wars is a damning indictment on the caliber of black creatives Marvel is allowing into the fold. Especially when perfectly capable black creators like Redjack are getting passed up. Or when there are white creators with proven skills as BP writers who probably aren't even being considered because they're white. This comes down to black fans and creators accepting mediocre, self-defeating stories and white executives just giving black folks what they think they want.
    Honestly it feels like the woke crowd for the comics side atleast, is regressing Black characters and the hard work that BP fought for with their agenda laden stories instead of pushing them to the next level

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    3 reasons.

1) There is an ongoing discussion of the absence of 3 dimensional black (really ALL non-white) characters in the output of the Big 2 that predates the thread and runs through every one of its incarnations.

2) When people complain that something doesn't exist, we should point them to where it does.

3) because I want people to read my books starting next month the way they didn't the first time I took a run at Big 2 comics.

if you prefer, please look out for these AT THE EXACT SAME TIME.

A lot of brothers and sisters are bringing a LOT of heat starting in january 2021 and you won't be able to say nobody told you.

Because I'm telling everybody.

PS.

This too.

I forget is the sins of the king a subscription?

Mighty Member

20201228_211317.jpg

So close to being finished. Had to wait for a 1mm drill bit to come in the mail to make posts for the teeth. And then making and mounting the teeth was like pulling my own. My metalsmithing needs work.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I forget is the sins of the king a subscription?
    it's probably cheaper to subscribe, right?

Thanks again for the checklist Redjack. I believe I have pre-orders for all of those.

Also for all of you Al Ewing fans, check out his title from BOOM!, "We Only Find Them When They're Dead."

Good sci-fi story.

Mighty Member

20201228_211513.jpg

Gotta make a strap I like as well. I tried bead but do t think I like them.

Quote Originally Posted by MouserGrey View Post
    20201228_211513.jpg

That's just awesome work bro!

20201228_211317.jpg

So close to being finished. Had to wait for a 1mm drill bit to come in the mail to make posts for the teeth. And then making and mounting the teeth was like pulling my own. My metalsmithing needs work.
    damn. that's hot.

20201228_211513.jpg

Looking good.

Mighty Member

20201229_143250.jpg

I think I like the beads now. Had to artificially tarnish some silver beads to be ok with them. I tried some brown glass beads and the silver beads untarnished, but I didn't care for them. What do you guys think? Stick with the beads or come up with a solid silver option?

Mighty Member

20201229_143118.jpg

One more. If you compare to the movie mask you can really see the ears are off. But I think I prefer mine.

Incredible Member

So is knull connected to Symbiote Killmonger?