Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    and why did Bendis bother to introduce that woman with the eye patch?

^lame!
    I was bothered by that too, since her character and backstory with Tony was very similar to Sunset Bain's backstory with Tony. We already had a "first love of Tony's when he was a teen who used him and who grew up to be a crime boss". What need was there to introduce a new one? Sunset was already there.

I guess the silver lining to it is that he didn't end up messing up Sunset in any way since he left her alone. When Bendis is on his game he can do some really good work -- but when he's off, he can really screw up a character's voice, personality, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    i'm still really unclear as to why Amanda Armstrong was recruited by SHIELD in the first place. there's nothing in her background justifying it. i would imagine that a lot of their recruits are through submitted applications. as detailed in the irredeemable ant-man series, a lot of SHIELD agents start out doing menial work like accounting, security, or surveillance. they then have to test in to higher ranking positions. i can also see them recruiting for active law enforcement and/or military. but a pop rock star?? she won't stick out in a crowd, i'm sure. :eye roll:
    Her being a pop star was part of the appeal, as I recall. It gave her a legitimate excuse to do all sorts of world travelling, and as a celebrity she would potentially have access to other "important people", etc. Basically a 'hide in plain sight' situation, exploiting her celebrity status.
    Last edited by Dermie; 01-24-2020 at 11:18 AM.