Page 79 of 111 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 1655

Finally read Empyre and honestly it was one of the better events Marvel has come out with these last few years. It's a shame that so many tie-ins got canceled.

My favorite moment was when Tony shut down an entire alien fleet (even if doing so made things worse).
    Genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
    ^^100%.

While the Extremis era all the way to the end of Fraction's run was beyond fantastic and had some fun elements (including remote piloting multiple Iron Man Suits, crazy healing factor and communicating wirelessly)...I'm ready for a more "traditional" take on Iron Man/Stark.

Think the biggest draw for me is the focus on Tony; specifically Tony as the human and not Tony as the Superhuman.

In theory, there's no reason why this shouldn't be a good volume.
    Yeah, I think they were going too far with all the enhancements to Tony physically.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Agreed all around. Ellis, Knaufs and Fraction runs were EPIC! I think we may have gotten spoiled lol. Seeing Tony with those kind of powers were just mind blowing. I always remember the line Tony tells Maya in Extemis were he says "I can see through satellites now."With everything Tony has been through just recently wondering if he was still even human. It's time for Tony to get his humanity back. Also it's got everything set up to make this volume exciting.
    Totally agree. Tony is a super-genius human. Too much has been done to turn him into some kind of human/machine hybrid. That's not what Iron Man is about.

Sorry, but the description so far just sounds stale. A bag of crackers left open in humid weather for a week stale.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Man View Post
    Finally read Empyre and honestly it was one of the better events Marvel has come out with these last few years. It's a shame that so many tie-ins got canceled.

My favorite moment was when Tony shut down an entire alien fleet (even if doing so made things worse).
    I loved Empyre as an event. I thought it was an incredibly cool plan that Tony had to take out the fleet, but it did end up being a pretty big mistake. His plan for the sun was awesome too. Tony is always planning something.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Sorry, but the description so far just sounds stale. A bag of crackers left open in humid weather for a week stale.
    What would you like to see done with Tony after everything that has happened?
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

I see points both sides, on one hand I like Tony always improving and moving forward to the future and on the other, I see an appeal to the back to basics approach.

Ill keep reading as I always do and hope the team can put down a good run (and please no more retcons like the adoption storyline)

I see points both sides, on one hand I like Tony always improving and moving forward to the future and on the other, I see an appeal to the back to basics approach.

Ill keep reading as I always do and hope the team can put down a good run (and please no more retcons like the adoption storyline)
    I see it from both sides as well. I don’t think any Iron Man fan likes the adoption storyline. The quicker we get pass that the better for all of us.

Yeah, somehow I think it's probably not going to mentioned at all in the next run...

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

I see it from both sides as well. I don’t think any Iron Man fan likes the adoption storyline. The quicker we get pass that the better for all of us.
    I’m still hoping for a good RetCon. That’s one of the few things I was hoping for this new ongoing.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    I’m still hoping for a good RetCon. That’s one of the few things I was hoping for this new ongoing.
    Whichever writer takes the plunge and does the retcon will be my hero forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, somehow I think it's probably not going to mentioned at all in the next run...
    I wish they would have fixed things at the end of Iron Man 2020 and just made it clear that Tony is the biological son.

But, I'll take them ignoring it for now.

Here is CBR's preview of Iron Man #1
    https://www.cbr.com/iron-man-tony-st...sue-1-preview/
    .. hmm. so what is Terrax doing back on earth, why is he in a conflict with Iron Man? what was his last appearance?

LMAO! They’d be my hero too.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    .. hmm. so what is Terrax doing back on earth, why is he in a conflict with Iron Man? what was his last appearance?
    Last I saw Terrax he was fighting Superior Spider-Man. Before that he was fighting the Illuminati during an incursion. Why is he fighting Tony? We’ll have to wait and read the issue.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

This stuff has been, at the very least, a really controversial plot. I still don't understand why it's still a thing 8 years later.