Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Rad. I've always been a fan of his bound hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    I had thought about Priest. Has he ever written anything X-Men centric, or expressed a desire to?
    On the strength of his run on Black Panther and his brief use of both Storm and Logan therein, Priest was my top choice to take over after Morrison left New X-Men.
    I wonder how X-Men would register with his sensitivity to being limited to writing minority characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I'm working on some Krakoan fanart and if folks are willing I'd love to see some favorite images of Bishop for reference. Google image isn't winning me over.

Anyone willing to share visuals of their favorite Bish lewks?

A3970AA0-69FE-4C1F-9E2B-D6D37786B07D.jpg

This is a nice paring down of his essential costume elements. While it’s serviceable, it lacks a lot of cool.

Well... I was today years old when I found out Bishop was intended to be a Filipino character... How about you?
    https://www.msn.com/en-ph/sports/mor...Ycc?li=BBr8Mkn

Well now I want a Filipino mutant. Any out there?

Here’s a question for fans of Lucas:

Bishop is approached by <X-Men leadership> to form his own team for a mission of his own choosing. Who does Bishop select and why?

I can see him picking up Sage and Neal Shaara. Who are Bishop’s closest X-friends?
    Bishop would definitely pick out a well-rounded team, depending on the teams mission statement. He’d make sure there was a psychic, bruiser, some sort of evac.

I don’t know much about his personal relationships, but I could see a team of: him, Emma, Sage, Storm, Rogue, Nightcrawler, and Rogue being a good mix. Throw in Forge or Beast for some additional “background support”, and I quite like that team.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Well... I was today years old when I found out Bishop was intended to be a Filipino character... How about you?
    https://www.msn.com/en-ph/sports/mor...Ycc?li=BBr8Mkn

Yeah, I think I'd heard about that like a year ago. Would've been cool if it stuck. I definitely would like to see more Filipino representation in comics in general. Or any.
    Make Good Art

Bishop is approached by <X-Men leadership> to form his own team for a mission of his own choosing. Who does Bishop select and why?

I can see him picking up Sage and Neal Shaara. Who are Bishop’s closest X-friends?
    The Bishop led version of X-Force.

Sage -He trusts her, she trusts him
    Rogue -Powerhouse brawler and another good leader
    Cannonball - always can use a young gun on the team
    Psylocke -everybody needs a psychic and she's not afraid to get her hands dirty.
    X-23 -someone else not afraid to get their hands dirty
    Gambit -every team needs a wildcard.

Last edited by Marvell2100; 04-09-2020 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    On the strength of his run on Black Panther and his brief use of both Storm and Logan therein, Priest was my top choice to take over after Morrison left New X-Men.
    I wonder how X-Men would register with his sensitivity to being limited to writing minority characters.
    Cristopher Priest said that he wouldn't write solo black characters. i guess he may use a diverse team, but he said he was tired of being offered only black characters

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I'm working on some Krakoan fanart and if folks are willing I'd love to see some favorite images of Bishop for reference. Google image isn't winning me over.

Anyone willing to share visuals of their favorite Bish lewks?
    Bishop - AoXM.jpg

Bishop - XF.jpg

Bishop - UXM.jpg

In that order.

I've actually got a ton more images I love but I don't want to spam the thread lol. I'd go for anything from District X, Bishop: The Last X-Man, X-Treme and Uncanny X-Force. That's where most of my favorite looks and images would come from. Also, anything from Age of X-Man: Prisoner X is acceptable as he looked so damn good in that series.
    Last edited by Psycwave; 04-10-2020 at 09:53 AM.

This is an interesting question because I honestly don't see Bishop being suuuuuper close with many of the other x-men. Yes, he's formed deep bonds with a lot of them such as Storm, Kurt, Betsy, Rogue, Sage, etc. but he's always been guarded. I think during Disassembled when he had that line about he was still trying to figure out if X-men had forgiven him or if he had forgiven them spoke volumes. I think he cares for them a lot but he's got intimacy issues when it comes to the X; he gets all but so close before he pulls away again. Could be a nice little story beat.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    The Bishop led version of X-Force.

Sage -He trusts her, she trusts him
    Rogue -Powerhouse brawler and another good leader
    Cannonball - always can use a young gun on the team
    Psylocke -everybody needs a psychic and she's not afraid to get her hands dirty.
    X-23 -someone else not afraid to get their hands dirty
    Gambit -every team needs a wildcard.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Bishop would definitely pick out a well-rounded team, depending on the teams mission statement. He’d make sure there was a psychic, bruiser, some sort of evac.

I don’t know much about his personal relationships, but I could see a team of: him, Emma, Sage, Storm, Rogue, Nightcrawler, and Rogue being a good mix. Throw in Forge or Beast for some additional “background support”, and I quite like that team.
    Part of what I think holds a lot of X-Men back is their writers' over-reliance on nostalgic chemistries, so you end up with ANAD in favor of Excalibur and Outback friendships, O5 and OGNM rather than X-Factor or even TeamGayPride. Bishop came along after most of those friendships were solidified and mutant team relationships seemed to more professional cool than familial and warm. Obvious exceptions exist, of course.

I'm a fan of the Bishop/Sage team-up because she was even MORE tightly wound and all-business than he was; Sage forced Bishop to be the good cop.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    This is an interesting question because I honestly don't see Bishop being suuuuuper close with many of the other x-men. Yes, he's formed deep bonds with a lot of them such as Storm, Kurt, Betsy, Rogue, Sage, etc. but he's always been guarded. I think during Disassembled when he had that line about he was still trying to figure out if X-men had forgiven him or if he had forgiven them spoke volumes. I think he cares for them a lot but he's got intimacy issues when it comes to the X; he gets all but so close before he pulls away again. Could be a nice little story beat.
    I'm willing to blame his villain turn on a Parallax entity.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Hi , recent Bishop stan. Who can direct me on the real tea about wtf La Bette Noir was and if it could be used to justify his Messiah Complex et al genocide? Theeenks