Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Aldis Hodge is a great find.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Aldis Hodge is a great find.

This guy is money! He has leading man looks. Him as Bishop, he could carry a solo movie.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    This guy is money! He has leading man looks. Him as Bishop, he could carry a solo movie.
    I knooooow. I don't want to put a silly scar on that face.

He looks a little Trevante in this test art.

I hope MCU X-Men take heroic color signifiers more seriously than Fox did, and we get Bishop in primary colors.
    Last edited by CRaymond; 04-12-2020 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    I knooooow. I don't want to put a silly scar on that face.

He looks a little Trevante in this test art.

I hope MCU X-Men take heroic color signifiers more seriously than Fox did, and we get Bishop in primary colors.
    I think they can get away without a tattoo/brand on his face. Maybe something on the arm. The big question is what would a solo Bishop be about?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    The big question is what would a solo Bishop be about?
    A good Bishop story is an introduction/time-travel story. But the best X-Men time-travel story is DOFP and already done decently by Fox-Men. So you could do a DOFP follow-up, with a mess of X-time-travelers, but that's basically a 52 car pileup that borrows a LOT from the Terminator franchise. They could go action-comedy, and be ironic and facetious with time-travel tropes, but I think THAT only works if you keep Omar Sy in the role, and have him act like "things are not quite right..."

And if you have a movie X-Men team with Cyclops, then you don't really need a Bishop, they serve the same role in group chemistries. It's incredibly unlikely they'll forego recast and promotion of a Cyclops in the MCU X-Men. Can't bring Bishop into a Deadpool universe, cause of Cable.

What *I* would do is have Bishop co-star in a "Gambit" Disney+ series. Bishop would have great chemistry with Gambit, and they could odd-couple their way through a heist.

Sadly, I think time-travel in the MCU is dead as a concept after the grandiosity of Endgame, which means a Bishop from the future is unlikely. There COULD be a completely rebuilt Bishop, the way they rebuilt Scarlet Witch with a different origin, but I have no idea what that would be or what role that character would have.

Maybe they could have Lucas be a Hellfire "Bishop".
    Last edited by CRaymond; 04-12-2020 at 07:30 PM.

Personally I don't mind if they had to drop the whole time travel thing from Bishop. They could start from scratch with his origin and still keep the noted intensity of his personality. If that is what has to be done to see the MCU so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Personally I don't mind if they had to drop the whole time travel thing from Bishop. They could start from scratch with his origin and still keep the noted intensity of his personality. If that is what has to be done to see the MCU so be it.
    Go nuts. What would you do?

Astonishing Member

I think there’s a decent chance of Bishop getting some love on Disney+, actually. If not in his own show then maybe on Gambit. Hell, a “Gambit and Bishop” show would be a good mutant alternative to “Falcon and Winter Soldier”, though ideally both characters would be given the chance to shine on their own lol.

Just take his origin and throw in some District X and XSE. Bishop is a lawman from a dystopian future trying to bring order to the mutant slums as he scouts for a threat that could cause the destruction of the main MCU timeline like it did his own. Bring in a few of his old war buddies, his sister, CeCelia Reyes as his surgeon/forensics girlfriend and I think you got enough material. His adventures could eventually lead him into the X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I think there’s a decent chance of Bishop getting some love on Disney+, actually. If not in his own show then maybe on Gambit. Hell, a “Gambit and Bishop” show would be a good mutant alternative to “Falcon and Winter Soldier”, though ideally both characters would be given the chance to shine on their own lol.

Just take his origin and throw in some District X and XSE. Bishop is a lawman from a dystopian future trying to bring order to the mutant slums as he scouts for a threat that could cause the destruction of the main MCU timeline like it did his own. Bring in a few of his old war buddies, his sister, CeCelia Reyes as his surgeon/forensics girlfriend and I think you got enough material. His adventures could eventually lead him into the X-Men.
    A District X series on Disney+ featuring Bishop and Sage would be good.

Badass walking thru!

Bishop on a Disney + tv show? ok, but I want him later with the big guns on the movies

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Bishop on a Disney + tv show? ok, but I want him later with the big guns on the movies
    That's the beauty of MCU and Disney+ under the same roof and under the guidance of one person. They can have the character appearing in both mediums.

I wonder if he is the same noob that wrote an article about superman type characters and then conveniently left out the one black guy who is in said category Blue Marvel! Yawn....whatever! Now we get why Bishop of all the mutants with lame storylines, and victim of agendas and garbage writing... is supposed to be trash. What shea butter crowd supporting thought process went into this article? Some things were written that aligns with Bishop's ideals and some was done with no real context.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    A District X series on Disney+ featuring Bishop and Sage would be good.
    ...that is a show I never knew I wanted... Bishop/gambit hijinks would be cool too.

Ok, so I saw on reddit? photos of method man cosplaying Bishop and he did a pretty good job. Don’t know if that’s been posted here yet.