Page 33 of 39 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334353637 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

So did they ever retcon/explain/redeem Bishop murdering billions in an effort to kill a small girl? I read the wikipedia and it mentions he was possessed by The Demon Bear but...it doesn't make clear if that is why he went so crazy about Hope and murdered the future basically.

It seems everyone just forgave him really really quickly - what's all that about?

Quote Originally Posted by Hcmarvel View Post
    So did they ever retcon/explain/redeem Bishop murdering billions in an effort to kill a small girl? I read the wikipedia and it mentions he was possessed by The Demon Bear but...it doesn't make clear if that is why he went so crazy about Hope and murdered the future basically.

It seems everyone just forgave him really really quickly - what's all that about?
    Sometimes I think what happened with Bishop is the best course to take: explain it away in a new story and then move on. Keep it simple, try to have it make at least some sense, and then pretend the past ugliness never existed.

-Pav, who probably would've done the same thing but with a slightly different explanation...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Incredible Member

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...of-future-past

I do hope Claremont addresses how Bishop is within this, given that as I've mentioned, the point of divergence for Days of Future Past was the assassination of Senator Robert Kelly and for the XSE future it was presumably AvX (or maybe it still hasn't happened).

Yep, pretty much just as you stated it! That story arc deserves to be forgotten, it completely trashed his true origin story.

Don't waste anymore thought on that tragic mess. They don't talk about it so we don't talk about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Don't waste anymore thought on that tragic mess. They don't talk about it so we don't talk about it.
    True! They swept it under the rug. It was pretty bad

Spectacular Member

I understand it was a bad story but that doesn't bother people? That they have just forgiven and forgotten? He killed BILLIONS of people. He has a higher body count than just about any X-Men villain save Dark Phoenix. Shouldn't that be held against him more?

Extraordinary Member

I understand it was a bad story but that doesn't bother people? That they have just forgiven and forgotten? He killed BILLIONS of people. He has a higher body count than just about any X-Men villain save Dark Phoenix. Shouldn't that be held against him more?
    X-Men have a weird history of forgiving just about any one of any thing, so long as they are a mutant.

Personally, I'm just glad Bishop has not been ruined like Hank Pym.
    Last edited by Anthony Shaw; 12-20-2020 at 11:15 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post

I do hope Claremont addresses how Bishop is within this, given that as I've mentioned, the point of divergence for Days of Future Past was the assassination of Senator Robert Kelly and for the XSE future it was presumably AvX (or maybe it still hasn't happened).
    I just gotta lol at how Australian Bishop seems. I need to lol again at the Betsy & Kurt ship.

Sometimes, I think Luke Cage is the only American male of African descent Claremont has prominently used (and that was back in the 1970's).

Krakoa has villains and murderers on it's Quiet Council. Bishop may have killed more but a lot of people have blood on their hands.

And they attributed it to him being possessed(same as Jean) so they tend to give it a pass. Again, it's not worth going over anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post

Dang. Bishop gotta stop perming his hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Dang. Bishop gotta stop perming his hair.
    So what if Bishop wants to stunt on folk with that sooouuul glow, lol! ...to the fam that know about Coming to America!

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    So what if Bishop wants to stunt on folk with that sooouuul glow, lol! ...to the fam that know about Coming to America!
    Sho' Nuff is the Master!

Bishop's great ancestor!

Extraordinary Member

Y'all need to stop sleeping on Nick Ashford, RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Y'all need to stop sleeping on Nick Ashford, RIP.

Sho' nuff.