Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    I see what you're asking. You're saying he has no active toggle or valve for the energy absorption aspect of his powerset. That may be true. No clue. I feel like... wouldn't that be the first thing you work on?

What's your preference?
    I wouldn’t like a “suction” aspect I don’t think. I generally like heroes with powers that have specific quirks or limitations.

Plus if he could “suction” all kinetic energy in some sort of radius (spheroid?), he could just make everything around him stop moving. Kinda drastically changes the method with which he’d utilize his powers.

I do think the ways in which he uses the energy he passively absorbs that does hit him that is ever-present (such as sunlight) could be better utilized though.
    Last edited by Bunch of Coconuts; 03-02-2020 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    I wouldn’t like a “suction” aspect I don’t think. I generally like heroes with posers that have specific quirks or limitations.

Plus if he could “suction” all kinetic energy in some sort of radius (spheroid?), he could just make everything around him stop moving. Kinda drastically changes the method with which he’d utilize his powers.
    I'm with you here. I'm not opposed to an exploration of how this function works, cause you and I could go back and forth with a million ways... and meanwhile Bishop is still using guns when a flick of his finger could start a fire.

I do think the ways in which he uses the energy he passively absorbs that does hit him that is ever-present (such as sunlight) could be better utilized though.
    Yaaaap. Not a fan of the guns.

I'm with you here. I'm not opposed to an exploration of how this function works, cause you and I could go back and forth with a million ways... and meanwhile Bishop is still using guns when a flick of his finger could start a fire.

Yaaaap. Not a fan of the guns.
    Yeah. Guns are so 90’s.

I liked the Soule-application. It was something new that made (comic book) sense.

Has Bishop ever utilized a low-grade radiation of stored of energy, such as to light up a room or maybe warm it up? I think yogaflame once mentioned that he absorbed kinetic energy from falling snow that kept himself warm, but can be warm up other people?

Can he pop popcorn with his bare hands?! Haha.

Has Bishop ever utilized a low-grade radiation of stored of energy, such as to light up a room or maybe warm it up? I think yogaflame once mentioned that he absorbed kinetic energy from falling snow that kept himself warm, but can be warm up other people?

He absolutely should. I'm not going to be the expert. Maybe yoga will pop back in?

He absolutely should. I'm not going to be the expert. Maybe yoga will pop back in?
    yeah if he can release as a way to attack, he should also be capable of release in a more strategic way to warm a place

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    yeah if he can release as a way to attack, he should also be capable of release in a more strategic way to warm a place
    There are so many possible applications of his powers that aren’t combat-oriented.

Just needs a writer that really cares about him, I guess.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah. Guns are so 90’s.

I liked the Soule-application. It was something new that made (comic book) sense.

IIRC...Shard once said that he was tapped out on energy but they were in a blizzard...and each snowflake that hit him or melted on him or some such gave him minute amounts of energy....that eventually built up.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    IIRC...Shard once said that he was tapped out on energy but they were in a blizzard...and each snowflake that hit him or melted on him or some such gave him minute amounts of energy....that eventually built up.
    This is why his mutation is so cool.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

I'm not impresed with his new red bishop costume
    Yeah, this suit isn't really doing it for me either. But it could just be a temp? It's funny because that suit he wore in UXF or one of Anka's other variations would've been great updates for a Red Bishop look.

I want a red duster. Cowboy/gunslinger look. Mutant Django.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    The problem is so far we haven't seen him doing any spying related activities or really doing much of anything but being a crew member on Kitty's boat. He's sort of just there. If he was off on his own doing his own thing and working in concert with the team that would be good. He would have his own storyline but instead he's relegated to being Kitty's man. I think Duggan was forced to put him on the team because it doesn't seem like he knows what to do with him. Bishop would have been better off in X-force or X-factor honestly, or something else all together because Marauders is not doing it for him. Not really doing anything for Storm either.
    Idk I feel he's been doing plenty. Between his own personal investigations (the stuff in Taipei at the beginning and he'll probably investigate Kate's death), being the Red Bishop (which will probably lead to more stuff with him and Emma), his convo with Beast that shows he'll be trying to gain intel on Hellfire, and his being a Captain he's got a lot to do. It's definitely a slow burn type of story with him that's building into something bigger but I don't see it as him doing nothing.

Duggan's made it very clear he thinks Bishop is a guy who deserves his moment and plans on giving it to him. I have the faith.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Yeah, this suit isn't really doing it for me either. But it could just be a temp? It's funny because that suit he wore in UXF or one of Anka's other variations would've been great updates for a Red Bishop look.

This is a much better design, I like that it feels more like fabric.

Red bishop is a boring grey spandex with a red sleeveness blazer. That just didn't go well together, Bishop doesn't need to cover all his body. Free his guns

Red bishop is a boring grey spandex with a red sleeveness blazer. That just didn't go well together, Bishop doesn't need to cover all his body. Free his guns
    This is just a all around better Bishop design. Those locs take it up there.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

There are so many possible applications of his powers that aren’t combat-oriented.

Just needs a writer that really cares about him, I guess.
    Bingo. With Bishop, it's easy for him to have the gun and shoot rather than be creative with his powers.

He doesn't have to turn out to be some omega level threat but can we see him do more than point his gun?

Yeah, this is a much better look.