Page 9 of 43 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

This Steve and Carol interaction from Kurt Busiek's The Marvels is absolutely adorable...

And hey, look, Steve-the-huge-Tolkien-fan is brought up once more. Comic parallels...

Last edited by capandkirby; 02-10-2020 at 12:47 PM.

Fantastic Member

This is cute, but I can also see Steve having a lot of complicated and negative feelings on the gentrification of Brooklyn.

Quote Originally Posted by justanotherclassic View Post
    This is cute, but I can also see Steve having a lot of complicated and negative feelings on the gentrification of Brooklyn.
    True, enough! I didn't even think of that, I was too enchanted by the idea of Steve as a foodie.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by capandkirby View Post
    True, enough! I didn't even think of that, I was too enchanted by the idea of Steve as a foodie.
    I am friend with enough New Yorkers to have heard very many strong feelings about the boroughs and gentrification and the drama with Brooklyn, so it was the first thing that came to mind.

BUT, I am down with foodie Steve. Also fitting, since Sharon has very strong burger opinions. They two going on dates and breaking down flavor profiles.

Quote Originally Posted by justanotherclassic View Post
    I am friend with enough New Yorkers to have heard very many strong feelings about the boroughs and gentrification and the drama with Brooklyn, so it was the first thing that came to mind.

BUT, I am down with foodie Steve. Also fitting, since Sharon has very strong burger opinions. They two going on dates and breaking down flavor profiles.
    They must be obnoxious to double date with, lol, as they'd spend half the dinner conversation critiquing the ingredients used. But, at the same time, their restaurant recommendations are probably stellar.

Fantastic Member

They must be obnoxious to double date with, lol, as they'd spend half the dinner conversation critiquing the ingredients used. But, at the same time, their restaurant recommendations are probably stellar.
    Probably the king and queen of finding hole-in-the-wall places with the best food.

I dunno bout this new Marvels thing.

This Steve and Carol interaction from Kurt Busiek's The Marvels is absolutely adorable...

And hey, look, Steve-the-huge-Tolkien-fan is brought up once more. Comic parallels...

I'm strapped in. Take the money. Take my family, too. We in this. Some organs? Have 'em, Marvel. I'm your property now.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Three issue Empyre tie-in, and it's not by Coates!
    https://www.cbr.com/captain-america-...empyre-series/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I just saw that I'm so excited OMG.

Excerpt from article on it:

"Cap faces a global invasion that is simply too big for the Avengers to handle alone, and it falls to him to not only get the U.S. military behind him, but to unite military forces all around the world"
    And thus, Steve Rogers gets all countries working together and starts the early stages of Gene Roddenberry's vision for the future of a united Earth and Starfleet. I could cry.

Source

Steve the rallying leader should be nice to see .

And I'm buying!

Fantastic Member

I haven't felt super inspired by Empyre, but this looks lit.

The Cap #19 preview is up and I gotta say, I'm excited for it. I had this... fear, that this issue (which had been solicited as the one where Steve confronts Peggy) was going to be this huge drama, love triangle, arguing over the issue of trust, crap of a mess (love triangles make me... twitchy, as do hints of the MCU infiltrating the comics, as do hints of lovers quarrels) - and thank every diety everywhere this doesn't seem to be that AT ALL. In fact, it looks like Coates is going on some kind of mystical/fantasy/magical mystery tour with it, and I'm so incredibly hyped for it!

The Cap #19 preview is up and I gotta say, I'm excited for it. I had this... fear, that this issue (which had been solicited as the one where Steve confronts Peggy) was going to be this huge drama, love triangle, arguing over the issue of trust, crap of a mess (love triangles make me... twitchy, as do hints of the MCU infiltrating the comics, as do hints of lovers quarrels) - and thank every diety everywhere this doesn't seem to be that AT ALL. In fact, it looks like Coates is going on some kind of mystical/fantasy/magical mystery tour with it, and I'm so incredibly hyped for it!
    Continued...

Source: https://graphicpolicy.com/2020/02/13...ain-america-19

Also, the variant for it is great...