Page 8 of 43 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Captain America is one of my absolute favorite characters. I discuss the latest issue of his solo series on the Marvel Fan Rave Podcast. Have a listen https://open.spotify.com/show/30dUr7POsfUOHNnojg2GfM
    “Marvel Fan Rave Podcast” on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    What is this from?
    Avengers #30

Quote Originally Posted by capandkirby View Post
    I'm actually really fascinated by the story potential here, too. It's very Highlander (without the 'there can only be one' aspect). And it would be so easy to tie-in to the current run because age is already a theme. You have Selene as a villain, who is, also, immortal. You have had Sharon, early on, express dissatisfaction with her age, and you have a version of Peggy appear (still not convinced she's of the 616) who is once again young and vibrant. I mean honestly there is not a better time to bring it up.

And yeah, I just assumed that was Sharon in that spread as well.
    The Super Soldier Serum and the Infinity Formula ... I assumed were always similar in the “slowing aging” schtick. But I might be overstepping on that. Yeah, the irony of Sharon and Peggy’s age, I assume Coates has a plan for this thread going forward. I’ll admit I’m hoping it ends well for Sharon.
    Always loved that splash page from Reborn. Couldn’t stop trying to pick out little Easter eggs. And yes I thought Steve was mourning an elderly Sharon, he also looked a bit aged too in that panel.
    Remender’s Dimension Z shocked me with Ian as a surrogate son ... I’d reference back to this page often. I figured this was always a potential future for Steve and Sharon but never expected the follow up writer to give the family thing such a twist. Especially when Remender’s first installment had the two actually discussing long term commitments. I believe that had never been addressed so forthrightly.

Editors not doing their job - Captain America The End credited Stan Lee as his creator... Stan didn't even make his debut until Captain America Comics #3, Cap's creator was Joe Simon!
    https://www.newsarama.com/48905-marv...g-mistake.html
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Editors not doing their job - Captain America The End credited Stan Lee as his creator... Stan didn't even make his debut until Captain America Comics #3, Cap's creator was Joe Simon!
    https://www.newsarama.com/48905-marv...g-mistake.html
    This is disappointing. Also, how??? It's literally the same credit on every book.

Quote Originally Posted by justanotherclassic View Post
    This is disappointing. Also, how??? It's literally the same credit on every book.
    Pretty sure they use a template and just forgot to correct it. W-O-W though, that's a huge faux pas. I've got so much secondhand embarrassment on Marvel's behalf.

Pretty sure they use a template and just forgot to correct it. W-O-W though, that's a huge faux pas. I've got so much secondhand embarrassment on Marvel's behalf.
    All that said, the issue is amazing. Larsen truly nailed Steve Rogers. And there were odes to Kirby throughout.

Comic parallels, Captain America: The End and Infinity Gauntlet...

The most Steve Rogers panels to ever Steve Rogers. Steve, willing to give the last drop of blood in his body, to save others (from Captain America: The End)...

Bob Q is back on Cap...

Also, looks like Kurt Busiek and Alex Ross are teaming up for something big...

Fantastic Member

Bob Q is back on Cap...

I'm not too upset. I like his art, more than the current guy. Also, assuming that's bucky?

I'm not too upset. I like his art, more than the current guy. Also, assuming that's bucky?
    Could be, I'm not that sure.

Kirby, Steranko, Buscema, Zeck, Byrne, Garney, Epting...

And now Masters and Bob Q.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

All that said, the issue is amazing. Larsen truly nailed Steve Rogers. And there were odes to Kirby throughout.
    Agreed. Kirby would've approved: