Page 46 of 75 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    I'm not up to speed on this spoilers:
    Mike Murdock,
    end of spoilers but I actually Really enjoyed this issue, and The art was pretty good as well.
    A question, this spoilers:
    Butch
    end of spoilers fella, is he a new character?
    Annual was a fantastic read. Not sure how others will feel about it, but I don't mind the retcon. Chip writes it well and handles it smartly.

I don't recall Butch. So I am assuming he is a new addition. The only spoilers:
    son we know Fisk had was Richard. So that aspect is certainly new
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    Hello guys. I've been hearing amazing things about the current Daredevil run, and I plan to start reading it right now. Is it #21 a good jumping on point (I've seen it starts a new story arc)?

Thank you!
    Do yourself a favour and just read it from issue one. You'll enjoy it better that way.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Didn’t quite see the need for the Annual...but I’ll see where it goes.

As much as I’m enjoying this run and all the human elements in it, it just feels a little...directionless.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Annual was a fantastic read. Not sure how others will feel about it, but I don't mind the retcon. Chip writes it well and handles it smartly.

I don't recall Butch. So I am assuming he is a new addition. The only spoilers:
    son we know Fisk had was Richard. So that aspect is certainly new
    end of spoilers
    Apparently he's been appearing a few times this run and even having his name called out every time. I guess I just don't usually remember the names of random henchmen.

the annual was interesting nice spin on the one more day name. I know nothing about Butch though
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

I think there was a "Butch" who worked for the Owl? Could they be the same guy?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I think there was a "Butch" who worked for the Owl? Could they be the same guy?
    Seems like it. There's a reddit post about it that shows the various appearances of Butch.

Elektra pencils from Daredevil #25 by Checchetto!
    https://twitter.com/MChecC/status/12...879101952?s=19
    IMG_20200830_211813.jpg

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Anyone confused about the (re)appearance of spoilers:
    Mike Murdock
    end of spoilers would do well by going back and reading Daredevil #606-608 from Charles Soule's run. This gives a good introduction to the new Annual. I reread those issues after reading the Annual and then reread the Annual which was very helpful.

I like that Zdarsky has included the character that Soule "recreated" only in that it's been decided to do something with him and not have him hanging around somewhere nobody knows where (such as the case with Ian, son of Steve Rogers). I'm not a fan of this character and hope he will eventually disappear along with the "retcon" of Matt's earlier life.

What we know about Butch is that his Mum is called Mrs. P. and he grew up in the same neighborhood as Matt.

Unlike some here, I didn't really like the issue much. It just seems like an odd thing to double down on. From my perspective, if you were going to do a "One More Day" type of story it should have been to reintroduce Karen Page not just because of the popularity of the Netflix series, but because killing her was a mistake in the first place due to lazy writing and shock value from Kevin Smith.

With that said, I have been loving Zdarsky's run (plus Checchetto's amazing art) so I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and see how things play out. He seems to genuinely get Matt and he is a smart writer so he has to have a plan for all of this. I guess time will tell to see if he can stick the landing.

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    Elektra pencils from Daredevil #25 by Checchetto!
    https://twitter.com/MChecC/status/12...879101952?s=19
    IMG_20200830_211813.jpg
    Speaking of Checchetto's amazing art, man I am going to miss him on the book. I think he draws the best Elektra.

^ I was just about to say that Checchetto's Elektra is amazing. I really enjoy the way Chip writes her too. I feel like Elektra has been really hot and cold in Daredevil books when it hasn't been Miller writing her.

I'm mixed on how I feel about the Annual. I think it's an interesting implication but also, if on a simple level it's just introducing yet another crime boss villain Matt will have to deal with, I think we have such a revolving door of those. This run already has it's "Not Kingpin but we threaten Kingpin" criminals, Fisk himself and the Owl, and we've seen versions of throwing a lot of cooks in the gangster kitchen so many times in DD books. I still love this run overall, I feel like Zdarsky might be heading toward his own version of the Frank Miller Gang War story arc where all the parts come to a big chaotic head. It's hard to imagine things getting crazier than they just did in that context though.

Quote Originally Posted by macjr33 View Post
    Speaking of Checchetto's amazing art, man I am going to miss him on the book. I think he draws the best Elektra.
    Is he leaving the book?!

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    Is he leaving the book?!
    Mike Hawthorne is coming on in several months. I'm not sure if it's permanent because the way Hawthorne has described his posts makes it seems like a shorter stint. But I don't know for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Mike Hawthorne is coming on in several months. I'm not sure if it's permanent because the way Hawthorne has described his posts makes it seems like a shorter stint. But I don't know for sure.
    Really liked Checchetto's art. I'll miss him if he leaves but Zdarsky's telling a great story so I'll stick around.

I started reading DD at #20 and recently picked up all of the back issues except for #1, 3, 4, 11 and 17. Got to see if my LCS can get these for me.

This run is superb.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

DAVID MACK: "Next year's cover of The Overstreet's Comic Book Price Guide. Featuring my painting of Daredevil & Echo".