Page 48 of 75 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I thought it was good of Matt to stand up for himself BUT I also felt his tone was too aggressive towards Spidey. Maybe Zdarsky purposely created the friction before their big team-up makeup.
    Yes completely agree. Matt standing up for himself was fine, but he was ready to throw down with Peter and that felt sort of jarring.

Incredible Member

I agree with you that Matt maybe was a little bit aggressive towards but if Spidey had pushed back I doubt Matt would seriously fight him. I don't remember the scene in detail but I got the feeling he was bluffing, just hoping Spidey would back down.
    Still, I hope they make up sooner rather than later.

Remember, Spidey threatened to bring Matt down earlier in the run so I can understand Matt being a little miffed with Peter.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Remember, Spidey threatened to bring Matt down earlier in the run so I can understand Matt being a little miffed with Peter.
    And the fact that the only time he or anyone else has bothered to pay attention to the Kitchen is when they perceived that Matt messed up, not when one of the richest families in the world descends upon it.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    I agree with you that Matt maybe was a little bit aggressive towards but if Spidey had pushed back I doubt Matt would seriously fight him. I don't remember the scene in detail but I got the feeling he was bluffing, just hoping Spidey would back down.
    Still, I hope they make up sooner rather than later.
    He was bluffing.. but would have tried to fight if Spidey called. Thankfully he did not.

So yeah, hopefully some of the verbal sparring was just a show.

I still don't know what to think about that scene, i think that Peter wouldn't like what Matt did, but i'm not sure if he would go as far as to give Matt that warning.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Daredevil by Mike Hawthorne:

Daredevil by Andy Bloor:

Rob Liefeld had plans for a young Daredevil for "year two" of Heroes Reborn. Here's a pic by Dan Fraga & Marlo Alquiza. More details at: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...d/id1515536209

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I still don't know what to think about that scene, i think that Peter wouldn't like what Matt did, but i'm not sure if he would go as far as to give Matt that warning.
    Also agree. I remember originally thinking this all could be some big villainous plot and that actually wasn’t Spider-Man. Obviously that doesn’t seem to be the case.

Yeah I remember that scene and it was a bit weird, a little OC for Spidey but I rolled with it. I just hope that whatever is being done is resolved quickly bc Spidey and DD are one of the best team up that marvel has to offer. I always love reading the two of them together.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Daredevil by Andy Bloor:

This image just re-affirms my believe that Daredevil is the Marvel equivilent or at least the answer to the Batman. lol. Both have money, women galore, and are badass fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by the nomad View Post
    This image just re-affirms my believe that Daredevil is the Marvel equivilent or at least the answer to the Batman. lol. Both have money, women galore, and are badass fighters.
    I don't think I'd ever put Matt and Bruce in the same class when talking about money. But I agree with pretty much everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by the nomad View Post
    i usually think of DD and Nightwing as more accurate. The whole fearless acrobat martial artist but without the heavy influence on detective work.

Honestly, I've always considered Black Panther to be marvel's Batman. I know some claim Moon Knight, but for me it's BP. Filthy stinking rich, better tech than Iron man, Better Fighter than Captain America, Heightend senses like wolverine... He can out fight, out plan and out tech anyone... and it's one of the reason I never cared for the character... It's batgod all over again.

I think DD has Batman's brutality with a good amount of detective skills with some of Nightwing's flare. But not all of Nightwing's flare.

Matt and Bruce are brawlers. So is Dick, but he's much more of a showman.
    Last edited by cc008; 09-06-2020 at 06:50 PM.