Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Who is your #1 Hero, Villain and why!

I love this thread, pops up every six months or so on CBR and its awesome to read.

My favourite hero is Captain America, I love the entire idea of him, someone who fights for good (Hear me out) it may seem cliched but he is honestly my favourite, not to mention he has some of the best stories, creative teams and allies! (Falcon, Agent 13, Bucky! Natasha!) I love Captain A.

Villain:
    EDIT:

Upon thinking, I'm going to say that my favourite villain is Ultron.
    It must be him, he's awesome.
    Last edited by DebkoX; 09-01-2014 at 08:19 AM.

Favorite hero: Iron Man/Tony Stark. He's been my favorite hero since I was 11 years old and I'll be 36 come October. To me he is interesting inside and outside the armor. I've got almost everyone of his comics.
    111297-30509-iron-man.JPG

Villain: There are so many, but just for the sake of it I'll say The Gorgon. Anytime one of my favorite comic book characters goes up against him I worry that make be their last battle. Just the ultimate badass.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 04-22-2020 at 01:05 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Ooh that's a tough one. It's Marvel only right? For hero I'm going to saaay... uh... I guess... Nightcrawler? Or maybe Thor or Cable? I don't know...
    For villain I'm gonna say Bullseye, followed closely by Juggernaut, Taskmaster and Norman Osborn
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Mighty Member

Heroes: The top three will always be some form of Steve, Bucky, Pym, and they're close. Really close. Imo, Steve hasn't had a really great moment in a while so his stock is down atm. Bucky is higher than Steve because I find him to be more interesting and sympathetic without writers having to come up with new reasons for him to be (ie, Dimension Z). Pym is higher because I like him the most as far as the entirety of his character. I like his humanity, that his mistakes don't just go away with the next arc, and that that those mistakes made him a more empathetic, proactive, and self-aware person. Between those two, right now I like Pym the most. I enjoyed A.I., and his guest spots in other books have been very strong. Like I said, all three are close. Pym's position could easily be flipped by the new Winter Soldier ongoing.

Villains: This one is harder because I don't give it much thought. I think right now I have to give it to Annihilus. He can be a huge threat, or a silent creeping one. I'm fairly new to the character, having first read of him in Annihilation, but I also followed what happened in Hickman's Fantastic Four run and Infinity. I don't quite know what he's thinking or what he's going to do next, there's been a few surprises, and that's why I find him the most interesting right now.

BANNED

Spider-Man is my favorite fictional character of any type. It's been that way since I was a kid in the 1970's, and was exposed to him from the 1967 cartoon reruns.
    My only exposure to superheroes back then were the Batman TV show and Super Friends, and even as a kid I hated how they talked. They were just too perfect and
    clean cut, too, and that bothered me for some reason. I saw Spidey for the first time, and the costume blew me away immediately. The villains he fought on the cartoon
    were cool, too, and I just liked everything about it. When I started reading the comics, it was during the time the Gwen Stacy clone showed up as Peter and Mary Jane
    were beginning to be a couple, so there was a lot of focus on Peter, too. It was like the best ongoing soap opera in the world with superheroes, and Spidey was funny as
    hell back then too. Some of his confrontations with JJJ alone were worth the price of the whole book. I felt bad for Peter when his personal life fell apart, and developed
    an attachment to the character that hasn't been matched yet. To this day, any comic I buy that has Spidey in it is one I anticipate reading more than any other. I didn't
    read a comic from 1986 to 2010, but I was at the theater on opening weekend of the first Spider-Man movie. That reawakened my love for the character, and even though
    it took 8 more years, I think it led to me eventually getting back into comics. It at least put it in my mind.

I don't really have a favorite villain. I always liked Electro because of the costume, but that's gone now. I also have a fascination with Korvac, which I think is due to him
    slaughtering the Avengers systematically and traumatizing me as a kid.

Cyclops is my favorite hero. He's been saving every mutant since 2000 and I grew up with th X-Men and he was the best. Leading mutant kind like a true charismatic hero and doing whats necessary for survival. No other X-Men could have done that.

My favorite villain is Magneto and I think i've said enough. He's just the perfect villain who want mutant kind to survive no matter the means.

Fantastic Member Talkie Toaster's Avatar

Favorite hero: Hulk (runner-up: Songbird)

Favorite villain: Moonstone (runner-up: Boomerang, only because of the awesome Superior Foes series otherwise it would be the Leader)

The choices for why they are my favorites are mainly due to the writing. Hulk has had some brilliant runs with writers who stuck with the character a long time and really dug deep into the character, I'm thinking of the runs by Mantlo, PAD and more recently Pak.
    Similarly Songbird and Moonstone really shined in the various Thunderbolts runs, a series that had loads of strong writers each doing their own thing with the team.
    Bah weep granah weep ninny bong

Astonishing Member

Favorite hero:Spider-Man. (Honorable mentions:Hulk,Captain America,Thor)

Favorite villain:Electro. (Honorable mentions:Mysterio,Super Skrull,Doctor Doom)

Favorite Hero: Iron Man. Followed by Black Panther and the Vision.

Favorite Villain: Ultron followed by Kang and Count Nefaria.

Favorite Young Hero: Synch followed by Patriot and Jubilee

Fantastic Member Jumpoff AKA JohnnyBlazed's Avatar

Ghost rider
    He's been that dude for me every since I was little. I lean to more supernatural heroes because I love horror movies. First thing I ever seen ghostie in was a Marvel Universe Trading card. My friend gave me a few to draw and he was like Oh Ghost rider he's pretty cool, since that moment I've been hooked. I have 98% of the appearances and titles and in one month I'll have everything with either blaze or ketch in it! Not a fan of robbie or Andjera (eh too lazy to look up the spelling)

Dr. Doom
    How can you not like Dr. Doom??

Hero Daredevil (runner up Pym) DD has almost never let me down. For some reason he brings some of the best work out of those who write him.

Bad Guy Doom or Loki I guess (runner up Kingpin) I actually hate the revolving door of bad guys and wish more of them were one and done. The three I mentioned and a few others are rare example of bad guys who it makes sense they keep coming back.

Kitty. She's awesome. It's odd, because I grew up with very little exposure to her - she wasn't on the '90s cartoon at all, and I read only isolated issues of Excalibur. But there was just something awesome about her. She's smart, sarcastic, has an interesting power, is best friends with a dragon. She's a great character.

For villains, I'm going to declare it a tie, between Syvlie (the teen Enchantress) and Lady Stilt-Man. And an honorable mention to Dr. June Covington, when written by KSD. I love Sylvie. She's so charmingly naive. And Lady Stilt-Man is just an amazing concept who's fun every time she shows up.

BANNED

Hero...

Villain...

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

Favorite Hero: Spider Man specifically Ultimate Peter Parker, which I think was the best interpretation of him. He really represented the best in a hero, inventive amusing and he never gave up. He also had my favorite scene in a comic ever, standing up to the Kingpin reading off a series of fat jokes.

Favorite Villain: Apocalypse, this one is kind of weird I’ll admit. I just like the idea of an irredeemable and utterly evil force of destruction (Thanos too for the same reason). A Powerful and implacable foe that pushes heroes to their very limits. Second, would be Dr. Doom or Mr. Sinister for similar reasons, I like the idea of a competent Machiavellian antagonist who’s always thinking several steps ahead.

Favorite Character: Magneto, throwing this in separately because he fits well into both categories and neither at the same time. He is, has been and will be in both categories. He’s not some cackling, moustache twirling villain and even when opposing him you usually can understand where he comes from and sympathize with him.

my favourite hero villain is NAMOR THE SUB-MARINER