Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default We Love Them Too! - The Morlocks Appreciation Thread

They prefer to hide and stay in the tunnels. But why should they? They are lovable characters too!

Let's appreciate The Morlocks!

Oh! And please tell us who is your favorite among the Morlocks!

If you don’t love Artie and Leech then you are an objectively terrible person.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

BANNED

I actually have 3 favoriteS.

My top 3!

#1 Tommy

#2 Fever Pitch

#3 Sack
    Last edited by RLAAMJR.; 03-15-2018 at 09:59 PM.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I liked Fever Pitch and most of Gene Nation. Sadly they are dead. Callisto I like a lot too.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

BANNED

I really see Tommy becoming an X-men member. Well, aside from she doesnt look scary at all, she really looks interesting. The first time I saw the Morlocks on the xmen tas series, my eyes were caught on her.

The X-men staff should give her a chance to be developed further as a character.

Oh and if that happens, please give her a new better and more interesting name.

When I knew Tommy was her name, I thought she was gay.

Ultimate Member

Ah, the Morlocks!

Scaleface was my absolute favorite (even if she died in her first appearance, IIRC).

I'd love to know if Scaleface could turn into other giant lizard forms, such as a giant flying lizard, or a giant aquatic 'sea serpent' form. That would make her pretty versatile. It could even be retconned that she regenerates (slowly), like a reptile regrowing it's tail, and (barely) survived the gunshots that were thought to have killed her, oh those many years ago.

I'm also fond of Skids, Caliban and Marrow. (Less so of Marrow after she got prettied up, or Horseman Caliban...)

Oh, and Leech! (Leech is so handy! Why doesn't Butterball hang out with him while he exercises, so that his invulnerability that prevents him from gaining any benefit from exercise is shut down for awhile? Silly Butterball! Silly all sorts of people who could benefit from having their powers shut down for a time, like Rogue, who could have had all the nookie, with Leech playing video-games in the next room and totally unaware of how his power was being used to let Rogue have a sex life!)
    Last edited by Sutekh; 03-16-2018 at 04:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    I really see Tommy becoming an X-men member. Well, aside from she doesnt look scary at all, she really looks interesting. The first time I saw the Morlocks on the xmen tas series, my eyes were caught on her.

The X-men staff should give her a chance to be developed further as a character.
    As far as I know she only ever appeared once in the comics, back in 1986. She was killed at the end of the issue, one of the first victims of the Marauders.

Leech is probably my favourite Morlock.

BANNED

First appearance of CALLISTO and the MORLOCKS!!!, 35th anniversary 1983-2018

Uncanny X-Men #169 May 1983
    "Catacombs!" Part 1 of 2.
    Candy Southern returns home to the apartment she shares with Warren to discover feathers and blood.
    She hears someone else inside, and calls Professor X, realizing the police could never arrive in time!
    Just as Charles answers the phone, her attacker announces himself as... Sunder!

At that instant, in Amanda Sefton's apartment, Kurt and Amanda are sharing a Jacuzzi.
    The conversation has just turned towards their future, when Kurt receives Professor X's telepathic distress call in his head.
    He responds instantly, teleporting above the city and then over to outside Warren's apartment.
    He's there in time to see Angel carried into the subway by persons unknown and then catch Candy as she is hurled out the window by her assailant!
    He returns with her to Amanda's apartment - needless to say, this makes quite a splash.

Interlude. The Hellfire Club. Sebastian Shaw responds to an urgent summons from Tessa.
    Emma Frost had come to see him on urgent business - so dire she wouldn't even tell Tessa, and then apparently collapsed in mid-sentence.
    Tessa tells Shaw that analysis indicates she's entered a state of catatonic schizophrenia - likely induced by her assailant to keep her from speaking.
    Shaw muses that Xavier would be capable of such a feat, but its not his style.

Amanda's apartment. The X-Men have gathered to discuss strategy.
    Lacking a tracker, Storm asks Professor X if they could borrow Rahne.
    He refuses her, and tells her the mini-Cerebro keyed to Angel should be sufficient.
    Amanda and Lockheed are left in the apartment to watch over Candy, and the X-Men head for the subway.

In the subways, the mini-Cerebro reveals Angel is within a Kilometer laterally, but far below them!
    Storm eventually has Kitty look for a hidden door. She finds one rapidly, and they make their way down.

Suddenly, they are ambushed by a mass of people! Storm sends Kitty to scout around, and the other X-Men hold their own.
    Kitty manages to come upon the leaders of the Morlocks, who are watching the battle to get an idea of their strength - comprised of Sunder, Callisto, Masque and Plague.
    Despite being phased, Callisto manages to smell her, and sends Plague after her. Plague passes through her... harmlessly?... Kitty runs.

Sunder tries to pursue Kitty through the wall, but Callisto calls him off - if 'a single molecule' of disease remains when Kitty solidifies, it should still finish her.

Back at the main event, the X-Men put their assailants to flight, but they take their unconscious brethren with them, denying the X-Men prisoners to interrogate.
    The fight over, the X-Men worry over the fate of Kitty, but Angel's life hangs in the balance, and Storm chooses to press on. They descend.

After the X-Men have gone, Kitty returns, Plague's disease already coursing through her. She calls out feebly for her companions before collapsing.

Caliban finds her, however, and carries her unconscious form off with him, talking to himself about how they will live happily ever after.

The X-Men at last descend into the Alley, a enormous cavern made as a bomb shelter by the US government in secret, and then abandoned.
    Suddenly, lights and loudspeakers deafen and blind our heroes. A railroad car rolls up unnoticed, carrying Angel shackled to it and Callisto caressing his hair.

She declares she intends to marry him, the 'handsomest man in the world' to be her prince.
    She starts to clip Angel's pin-feathers, to prevent him from injuring himself flying around in the dark tunnels,
    and the X-Men try to stop her, only to be overwhelmed by a sea of Morlocks! The fight goes badly for them.

Epilogue: Kitty awakens in a strange bed, dressed in night clothes. Despite feeling sick, she tries to get up. The effort makes her vomit.
    She finally manages to get to her feet, and then Caliban comes in. She's half-delirious, and collapses as Caliban rushes up to her.
    Caliban vows to defy even Callisto to save Kitty as he cradles her unconscious form.

Story by Chris Claremont. Art by Paul Smith and Bob Wiacek.

I really liked Scaleface and Blow Hard. I wish marvel would resurrect every x character and start clean.
    Favorite Characters: Wolfsbane, Storm, Psylcoke, Beast, Feral, Tempo, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver

Favorite Titles: X-Men Red, Legion of X, Marauders, Hellions

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

F359E5B6-FAAC-4E01-8DB2-5748D33FDAE1.jpg

I shall miss Dreamer in The Gifted :/

My favorite Morlock's are Marrow and Thorn.
    I must be an objectively terrible person, because I don't like Artie or Leech.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngelSliver View Post
    My favorite Morlock's are Marrow and Thorn.
    I must be an objectively terrible person, because I don't like Artie or Leech.
    I do not give a .... about these two as well. So, you are not alone.

Unglaublich!

Ah, the Morlocks. I really liked them when they debuted in UXM and I liked them even more when they were fleshed out in titles like Power Pack.

The Mutant Massacre was a hard read for me but I suppose was a similar premise to Decimation: get rid of a lot of the lower tier characters whilst leaving the "known" ones alive by and large.

Favourite Morlock? Marrow, probably. From O:ZT forwards. I really liked her as an X-Man and was very disappointed when she was booted upon Claremont's return.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

they are comming
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Awww, what an adorable thread.

We love them too indeed.