Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
Wasn’t he supposed to do a Storm book with Jen Bartel or something?
yes. the rumor still persists. hopefully it's TRUE.

hey boo. you're absolutely correct. he still is saying he will write a storm book: dont let anyone get you down!

Q: You mentioned if given the chance to write for any character in the Marvel universe it would be Storm. What does Storm represent for you?

A: There’s been a rumor for years that Ta-Nehisi Coates and Jen Bartel who are two of my favorite people, are going to do a Storm story and Ta-Nehisi swears to me that he’s still going to do it. So, he and I might have to fight over that ... For me and most black women our age, that was the black women superhero that we saw growing up. I think representation matters like people say, but representation isn’t everything; it’s not just having a brown face or having a woman in a certain position, but actually what their character is like. I’ve always loved Storm just because she’s so powerful and she’s so important to the X-Men. If you walk up to somebody and say name 10 superheroes, Storm is up there. I think that’s really powerful. There’s really space for somebody (it doesn’t have to be me) to write for her, to get more spotlight, because I for one, never get tired of her.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/enter...mlq-story.html