Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by KOSLOX View Post
    A book that is free with prime is a "top seller"?

Do go on.

How's the second book doing?
    The second book varies and like volume one-it was in Amazon's buy 2 get 1 free sale during Christmas with Shuri and Marvel books NOT named Miles, Moongirl or Conan.

Target did he same sale recently.

For the most part people are willing to try volume one and it's a crap shoot with the rest. Some dale better than the others on Amazon. The one with Klaw seems to be the one that does better than volume one.

Going from this, the thoughts evoked by Inversed's post are accurate.
    How would that be correct if he's working on Cap America? Along with putting pout a new book recently?

Folks just want him off of Black Panther.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

On Amazon: First trade has a 4.3 rating with 372 reviews. Second has a 4.6 rating with 110 reviews. Third has a 4.5 with 85 reviews. The rest of the reviews on Amazon are 4. something, so yea, he gets good reviews.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Some people like trash, I guess. Oh well, I'm glad he's off my favorite character. Hopefully Marvel puts a better comic writer on next. I love Coates essays and articles but he's comics chops are subpar.
    Last edited by KOSLOX; 03-06-2020 at 06:39 AM.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    On Amazon: First trade has a 4.3 rating with 372 reviews. Second has a 4.6 rating with 110 reviews. Third has a 4.5 with 85 reviews. The rest of the reviews on Amazon are 4. something, so yea, he gets good reviews.
    yup the books are nowhere near as bad as some would like to convey. I think his works speaks for itself which is why he is still on the payroll at marvel.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Niffleheim

Comicbook Gods have finally listened to my prayers.

Mighty Member

Too bad, so sad.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Only members of Hickman's group should get Storm. This nonsense with Ororo protecting Krakoa and still finding time to babysit Coates Panther needs to end.
    Exactly.

Coates needs to STAY AWAY let Hickman handle things.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    yup the books are nowhere near as bad as some would like to convey. I think his works speaks for itself which is why he is still on the payroll at marvel.
    Just a little FYI-the only folks who can do reviews are those who BUY something on Amazon . So if you did not buy x number of items from them you can't do reviews.

I tried doing a review on Best At it by Maulik Pancholy and couldn't because I have to buy MORE stuff-nevermind I bought stuff from them during Christmas.

So reviews are being censored by Amazon making you buy from them versus other places.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Just a little FYI-the only folks who can do reviews are those who BUY something on Amazon . So if you did not buy x number of items from them you can't do reviews.

I tried doing a review on Best At it by Maulik Pancholy and couldn't because I have to buy MORE stuff-nevermind I bought stuff from them during Christmas.

So reviews are being censored by Amazon making you buy from them versus other places.
    To be fair, the only reason they started that was because racists tried to give Black Panther negative reviews, which is why Amazon created that policy.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    It's highly rated on Goodreads and Comixology as well
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Here's my position. Accept or disregard as you see fit.

I am perfectly willing to concede that A Nation Under Our Feet, Vol. 1 sells well.

But if the people who bought it liked it, why doesn't volume 2 sell almost as well? After all, it finishes the story!

And that's not even taking into account the second arc or the relaunch, none of which rank even close.

Coates brought readers to the table... but if he can't keep them, the book his better off without him.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post

I am perfectly willing to concede that A Nation Under Our Feet, Vol. 1 sells well.

But if the people who bought it liked it, why doesn't volume 2 sell almost as well? After all, it finishes the story!

And that's not even taking into account the second arc or the relaunch, none of which rank even close.

Coates brought readers to the table... but if he can't keep them, the book his better off without him.
    Judging by how well his trades sell, I guess those readers were just trade waiting.

Honestly, I don't care how well his trades sell or how well people like Coates BP.

Arguing that his run isn't as bad as some people think is moot.

He's off the book and that's the end of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Judging by how well his trades sell, I guess those readers were just trade waiting.
    That's just it... the first trade sells well. But the second doesn't.

Using the Kindle numbers (which are his highest):

Nation v1: #18 in Superhero Graphic Novels
    Nation v2: #1321 in Superhero Graphic Novels
    Nation v3: #1453 in Superhero Graphic Novels

That tells me that most of the people who bought volume #1 didn't care enough to actually get the rest of the story.

That means that "his trades" aren't selling well. Only his first trade.

That's still no reason to keep him on the ongoing. To paraphrase the esteemed Ms. Jackson: What has he done for T'Challa lately?

That's just it... the first trade sells well. But the second doesn't.

Using the Kindle numbers (which are his highest):

Nation v1: #18 in Superhero Graphic Novels
    Nation v2: #1321 in Superhero Graphic Novels
    Nation v3: #1453 in Superhero Graphic Novels

That tells me that most of the people who bought volume #1 didn't care enough to actually get the rest of the story.

That means that "his trades" aren't selling well. Only his first trade.

That's still no reason to keep him on the ongoing. To paraphrase the esteemed Ms. Jackson: What has he done for T'Challa lately?
    His initial sales, the publicity and the awards he won were probably enough reason for marvel to allow him to finish the story he was telling. It's not likey they had any particular reason to assume a different writer in his positon would necessarily sell better. He was all but guranteed to stick around as long as the book remained above 20k. And in the present state of the market, even dipping below that wasn't going to gurantee he would be removed.