Astonishing Member

The Lincoln Project are not our allies. Those clever ads everyone's passing around will be quickly turned on us once Trump's gone. Do not forget that.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Let's remember something about the Lincoln Project. Yes, we allied ourselves with them last year because we had a common enemy in Donald Trump. But these guys had no problem with any of what the Republican Party stood for before Trump became their Presidential candidate in 2016. The people who formed the Lincoln Project had no problem with George W. Bush and Dick Cheney's war crimes, they had no problem with any of the nonsense that Senators like Ted Cruz and Rand Paul said before 2016 and they had no problem with Mitch McConnell blocking almost everything that President Obama tried to push through Congress. So at the end of the day, the Lincoln Project are still conservatives who just want things to go back to the way they were before Trump.
    Yes. If Trump died tomorrow, (perish the thought) by next week they’d likely be churning out videos about Biden & Harris.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    The Lincoln Project are not our allies. Those clever ads everyone's passing around will be quickly turned on us once Trump's gone. Do not forget that.
    Just because they wrote the playbook, doesn't mean the own the copyright. Whatever they do, it can be used by others including Democrats. Also, they are not the only ones in the political video business.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    Yes. If Trump died tomorrow, (perish the thought) by next week they’d likely be churning out videos about Biden & Harris.
    So? Others will be churning out videos about McConnell and Cruz and any other Republican running or office.

Not only are they not allies, they're failures. They took so much money from people thinking that they could turn republicans from Trump. It didn't work. More republicans voted for him than they did in 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    So? Others will be churning out videos about McConnell and Cruz and any other Republican running or office.
    I’m sure that would be the case.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Not only are they not allies, they're failures. They took so much money from people thinking that they could turn republicans from Trump. It didn't work. More republicans voted for him than they did in 2016.
    I'm pretty sure that was the point. Most current day Republican organizations seem to be about raising money and then putting it in their pockets.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

They are the classic example of that old adage: "The enemy of my enemy is my friend". However, I'm not at all naive to think LP won't come after Democrats with both barrels once Trump is out of the picture. Hell, I'd be surprised if they didn't.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    They are the classic example of that old adage: "The enemy of my enemy is my friend". However, I'm not at all naive to think LP won't come after Democrats with both barrels once Trump is out of the picture. Hell, I'd be surprised if they didn't.
    As long as they are not advocating or supporting someone who is advocating for the overthrow of the government and the worship of an autocratic idiot, I can live with that.

I can't watch the full trial right now, so I might be reading this wrong, but it seems Trump's defense that if you say the word "fight" in a speech it's exactly the same as what Trump did, nevermind the context.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    I can't watch the full trial right now, so I might be reading this wrong, but it seems Trump's defense that if you say the word "fight" in a speech it's exactly the same as what Trump did, nevermind the context.
    Apparently they added spooky music to the video as well. Which is hilarious, as part of their defense was that the House Managers were trying to emotionally manipulate the jurors.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Apparently they added spooky music to the video as well. Which is hilarious, as part of their defense was that the House Managers were trying to emotionally manipulate the jurors.
    When the video was done... Trump's lawyer audibly sighed.

As in, he gave the impression he didn't watch the video beforehand, hadn't seen it, and when it was done playing, couldn't keep up a poker face to know he was aware he had to skate on bulls*** for the next hour or more based on that travesty.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    Pretty much. I don't see how they think this is the same thing as standing in front of a crowd of anarchist who you've whipped up for months with lies and then told them to march to the Capitol.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    When the video was done... Trump's lawyer audibly sighed.

As in, he gave the impression he didn't watch the video beforehand, hadn't seen it, and when it was done playing, couldn't keep up a poker face to know he was aware he had to skate on bulls*** for the next hour or more based on that travesty.
    I'll admit- I have the trial on mute because I'm working. But every now and then I'd look up, and that video would STILL BE PLAYING.

As long as they're going to war with each other, it benefits the Democrats. They just need to remember that when it's over, it's back to normal fighting.