Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I guess my anger and frustration come more from a lack of Consequences for Trump and The GOP.

I have always believed in the rule of law. Even when I was in prison I understood. I broke the law and had to face the Consequences for my actions.

But I see a man who should be following the law more then anyone. But he has broken it and excused others who have so many times I have lost count. And then the actions on the 6th really messed me up. I am still having trouble with it.

And yet there are just no Consequences. No conviction in the Senate, from what I know there is no legal investigation on the 6th aimed at Trump. The GOP has doubled down on kissing his ass and he is not going to prison or anything.

The only ones who faced any kind of negative Consequences are the GOP members who voted to impeach him in the house.

So I guess what I am really mad at is the lack of Consequences.

202 and everything that happened has been hard to process for me. And 2021 doesnt look any better. it is even harder living in a town that has This is Trump country flag right by the city limits sign. And living with a hardcore Trumper and being surrounded by them (Like my land lord) Makes things hard to bear at times.
    You were a regular Joe, and (I would imagine...) of regular means.

Unfortunately, the sort of "Regular Jane/Joe..." legal accountability that folks have to face outside of government doesn't really apply to the folks that we are discussing.

Take impeachment as a process.

Ultimately, it is a political one and not actually a legal one. It's just not designed to actually create accountability.

I get the frustration.

That said, hoping for anything like the consequences that normal folks would face in court is almost a certain recipe for disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    No, he most definitely did NOT pronounce my city correctly. Jesus, what a clown show.
    I've never lived there, I've only visited the place once in my life, but I do know that it's not pronounced PHILLY-delphia!
    Watching television is not an activity.

The saddest part is that these insurrectionists will lose their jobs and for some, their freedom, over nothing! Even if they could have got Mike Pence to stop the count, it would have meant nothing. It's a formality. The election was already decided. It would be like the scoreboard at the Superbowl burning out at the 2 minute warning. It would not stop the game or change the outcome. They would just wait for someone to fix it, or if that's not possible, just continue playing and announce the final score when time runs out, and Tom Brady would still be stumbling around and tossing the trophy off of a boat.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Graham changed his vote because he thinks he will be able to call Hillary and Obama and all kinds of stupidity. He already made his intentions clear on how dumb GOP will go
    Which I still fail to see as much of a threat, I mean, besides the amount of time involved.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    Which I still fail to see as much of a threat, I mean, besides the amount of time involved.
    I could really see the GOP calling as many people as they can no matter how BS it is and how little the witness has to offer just so they can drag things out. They know the Dems dont want to have a long trial. So they could make it long just for revenge or some crap.

Did they put a limit on the number of witnesses? Even if they did the GOP can just drag it out with bs go no where questions.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

None of the Trumpists are going to change their minds. They fully support a man responsible for the deaths and injuries of the people trying to prevent them from being killed. And these clowns will still come out and say they support the Blue. I'd really like to hear what some of these people plan to run on during the mid-terms.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    The saddest part is that these insurrectionists will lose their jobs and for some, their freedom, over nothing! Even if they could have got Mike Pence to stop the count, it would have meant nothing. It's a formality. The election was already decided. It would be like the scoreboard at the Superbowl burning out at the 2 minute warning. It would not stop the game or change the outcome. They would just wait for someone to fix it, or if that's not possible, just continue playing and announce the final score when time runs out, and Tom Brady would still be stumbling around and tossing the trophy off of a boat.
    That is nowhere near "the saddest thing" considering the deaths, the damage to democracy, the trauma of staffers, police, and elected officials.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    None of the Trumpists are going to change their minds. They fully support a man responsible for the deaths and injuries of the people trying to prevent them from being killed. And these clowns will still come out and say they support the Blue. I'd really like to hear what some of these people plan to run on during the mid-terms.
    They will run on how they stood up for their rights and the greatest president ever. They will also do the we stand for blue lives crap because the hard core Trumpers really see nothing wrong with a dead cop who was killed protecting people who were tring to steal the election. They are not like normal cops who fight Antifa and BLM.

They will make martyrs of all the Trumpers who got banned from Twitter or actors who got fired from shows as a result of the cancel culture and how The dems are trying to silence them.

Them voting to acquit Trump will make them heroes. I wonder how Chaney and Romney and those that vote guilty will fair.
    Last edited by babyblob; 02-13-2021 at 01:29 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

The open question is, as the GOP nominates more and more far right Trump apologists to office, will the voters continue to elect them?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    The open question is, as the GOP nominates more and more far right Trump apologists to office, will the voters continue to elect them?
    That will depend on where you're running at and if some Republican state legislatures(that still support trump) will continue with their voter suppression bills. Which they will since it's happening in some of the swing states.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I think for a very long time. that seems to be where the party has gone and what the GOp voters seem to want.

57 to 43, Trump is let off the hook but at least 7 Republicans voted with the Democrats.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    57 to 43, Trump is let off the hook but at least 7 Republicans voted with the Democrats.
    What county could charge Trump with inciting the attack, legally speaking? DC or the federal government?

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I think for a very long time. that seems to be where the party has gone and what the GOp voters seem to want.
    Yes, the 25% of voters who make up the QGOP want this. But what happens in the general election? We must wait and see.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    That will depend on where you're running at and if some Republican state legislatures(that still support trump) will continue with their voter suppression bills. Which they will since it's happening in some of the swing states.
    Yep, a very big question for 2022.