Nbc Nightly News is reporting that Louisiana Gop has censured Bill Cassidy for voting to convict Trump.
    Last edited by babyblob; 02-13-2021 at 06:22 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Scores of people on Twitter are whining like spoiled children because Democrats chose not to call witnesses. That would've been a mistake because Qpublicans would've turned that into a royal farce, calling Obama, Hillary, Biden, Harris, Hunter, everyone under the sun to testify, needlessly stretching things out for days, even weeks. And in the end, nothing would've changed, there could've been video of Trump helping set up the gallows for Mike Pence on 1/6 and Qpublicans STILL woud've voted to acquit. No matter, the GQP demonstrated their rank cowardice and hypocrisy for the world to see by letting Trump off the hook, never mind betraying their "Blue Lives Matter" mantra because the families of the two Capitol police officers who died in the aftermath of the failed resurrection won't get the justice they so richly deserve. Bottom line: History will not be kind to the GQP after what went down today.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Scores of people on Twitter are whining like spoiled children because Democrats chose not to call witnesses. That would've been a mistake because Qpublicans would've turned that into a royal farce, calling Obama, Hillary, Biden, Harris, Hunter, everyone under the sun to testify, needlessly stretching things out for days, even weeks. And in the end, nothing would've changed, there could've been video of Trump helping set up the gallows for Mike Pence on 1/6 and Qpublicans STILL woud've voted to acquit. No matter, the GQP demonstrated their rank cowardice and hypocrisy for the world to see by letting Trump off the hook, never mind betraying their "Blue Lives Matter" mantra because the families of the two Capitol police officers who died in the aftermath of the failed resurrection won't get the justice they so richly deserve. Bottom line: History will not be kind to the GQP after what went down today.
    I think the issue of witnesses was completely put to bed. Stacey Plaskett brilliantly pointed out the first impeachment trial is STILL waiting on Don McGahn to be litigated.

It's a pipe dream to think you will get hostile witnesses in a Perry Mason trial here. It wasn't going to happen and the GOP don't care. They asked Trump to come. He said no. Someone in the Pence camp? White house people? Come on. It didn't matter, Mitch agreed the house managers made their case.

The House Managers were pretty firm with the reporters on this after the fact. And I thought they handled themselves well.

What would one or two other witnesses have done to sway the GOp at this point? What could it have done. Raskin said they could have called ten witnesses and it would have done no good or something along those lines.

I will be honest I have voiced my doubts about the whole thing. Still dont know how to feel about it. But the House managers did an amazing job presenting their case. And they presented it in a way that witnesses could not add anything to what they said. And as one of them pointed out. The Gop Senators lived through it. So what would an outside witness have to add to what they went through?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    The Trumpists still wouldn't change their votes. Don could have come in and admitted it and some of them still would have voted to acquit. The want the support of people who believe in conspiracies and lies. The best thing that the rest of the country can do is vote them out of office.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Nbc Nightly News is reporting that Louisiana Gop has censored Bill Cassidy for voting to convict Trump.
    That's censured, not censored. It's the difference between condemning someone for what they've said or done and keeping someone from saying anything further over what they've already said.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    That's censured, not censored. It's the difference between condemning someone for what they've said or done and keeping someone from saying anything further over what they've already said.
    Thanks. My autocorrect filled it in and i didnt check and make sure it was the right word. I do know the difference.

The House Managers were pretty firm with the reporters on this after the fact. And I thought they handled themselves well.

What would one or two other witnesses have done to sway the GOp at this point? What could it have done. Raskin said they could have called ten witnesses and it would have done no good or something along those lines.

I will be honest I have voiced my doubts about the whole thing. Still dont know how to feel about it. But the House managers did an amazing job presenting their case. And they presented it in a way that witnesses could not add anything to what they said. And as one of them pointed out. The Gop Senators lived through it. So what would an outside witness have to add to what they went through?
    The only witnesses of value would be White House staff who might be able to discuss Trump's state of mind.

Because as far as the insurrection goes? What witnesses did they need when there's video of Trump and his co-conspirators doing everything in plain sight.

He didn't murder someone on Fifth Avenue and get away with it... he tried to have a proxy mob lynch his vice-president and the Republicans are fine with it because they weren't successful enough and they're scared of his base.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Astonishing Member

Admittedly I don't understand how this works. If the dems control both houses doesn't that mean they have the majority of the votes? If so, then does that mean some dems voted not to convict trump?

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Admittedly I don't understand how this works. If the dems control both houses doesn't that mean they have the majority of the votes? If so, then does that mean some dems voted not to convict trump?
    the Senate is split 50/50, All the Dems voted Guilty with 7 Republicans. You need 2/3 or 67 votes to convict.. it was 57 to 43 guilty.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    The only witnesses of value would be White House staff who might be able to discuss Trump's state of mind.

Because as far as the insurrection goes? What witnesses did they need when there's video of Trump and his co-conspirators doing everything in plain sight.

He didn't murder someone on Fifth Avenue and get away with it... he tried to have a proxy mob lynch his vice-president and the Republicans are fine with it because they weren't successful enough and they're scared of his base.
    I'd love to know what's going through Mike Pence's mind after his party acquitted the man who sicced a rabble of psychotics on his ass, knowing if things turned out differently, he might've wound up joining the list of victims from that horrible day. I'm sure Pence is feeling like a man without a country after the GQP turned it's collective backs on him. Do I feel sorry for they guy? Nope!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member

Nbc Nightly News is reporting that Louisiana Gop has censured Bill Cassidy for voting to convict Trump.
    But they weren’t so willing to censure this guy over 30 years ago for being something way worse than simply being a person willing to holding a crazed President accountable - a literal klansman.

Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 02-13-2021 at 07:30 PM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Astonishing Member

"I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

It is so refreshing and amazing to read a statement that is well thought out, to the point, and shows Empathy, over Disjointed, off track, and hateful like we did with Trump.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Let them act this way, Its this Kind of Stuff that is only Quickening the Fleeing of their Voters and shrinking their ranks:

‘There’s Nothing Left’: Why Thousands of Republicans Are Leaving the Party

Voting registration data indicates a stronger-than-usual flight from the G.O.P. since the Capitol riot, with an intensely fluid period in American politics now underway.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/10/u...ing-party.html

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!