Quote Originally Posted by Jeremi View Post
    According to The Q cult only Dems do this kind of thing?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Ultimate Member

I'm almost curious to see how Q would spin this

Wow. I guess they were hiding in with the pitchfork and torch carrying conspiracy loons.

Somebody tell MTG she was right, she just had the wrong party.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I'm almost curious to see how Q would spin this
    Some members of the pedophile deep state have tried to infiltrate the good people of QAnon. Stay vigilant!
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by ShutUpLutz View Post
    Nah.

General MacArthur. When he gave his speech to Congress after Truman fired his ass there were fears among reporters and Congressmen present that if he had said, "C'mon, let's march down to the White house and take it," a mob would have formed and followed him and unlike Trump MacArthur WOULD have been at the head of the mob leading them on.
    I had heard that both Congress and the general public might actually have supported such a coup and not just one party. But MacArthur didn't do that and there were those in Congress who calmed things down.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Completely agree. While it is also racism and misogynies its about targeting the 2024 and beyond Democratic hopefuls and smearing them. We know how they operate it will be the same way same lies and slander over and over and over demonizing them until people believe it and the conspiracies are taken as fact.
    It's also an open declaration that evidence does not matter at all in an impeachment anymore and that not only will they refuse to impeach their side but they have openly declared that they would consider impeaching someone on the other side based on something she did not even do if they have the control of the House and Senate.

Whether or not they really go through with it is another matter. No doubt, if they do think they have the votes, they will look for anything they can misconstrue to impeach Biden and Harris and then either do it or use it as a threat to get concessions. If they don't do it, it will only be because they fear it will cost them all three branches again.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    According to The Q cult only Dems do this kind of thing?
    It's all a part of Trump's master plan to defeat... child sex trafficking..... ummmm....

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    It's all a part of Trump's master plan to defeat... child sex trafficking..... ummmm....
    Well, it is easier to deal with them if you gather them all in one place...
    Dark does not mean deep.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I was just browsing through a back issue and came across this panel in Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes #7 from 1960 and thought it was very relevant these days.....

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    You jest, but I see with right wingers that Trump is the ONLY President to take on child sex trafficking. And he almost put an end to it.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Why Seven Republican Senators Voted to Convict Trump

WASHINGTON — The seed for Senator Bill Cassidy’s decision to find Donald J. Trump guilty of inciting an insurrection was planted one day last fall, when he received an email from a friend that was full of the then-president’s false claims about a stolen election.

Alarmed that Mr. Trump’s lies were gaining credence, Mr. Cassidy, a Louisiana Republican, became part of a small minority in his party — and one of only a few officials in the South — to acknowledge President Biden’s victory. Months later, after Mr. Trump’s campaign to overturn the election culminated in the Capitol riot, Mr. Cassidy was one of only seven Republican senators who voted on Saturday to convict him.
    But the senators were united by a common thread: Each of them, for their own reasons, was unafraid of political retribution from Mr. Trump or his supporters.

“Two are retiring, and three are not up until 2026, and who knows what the world will look like five years from now,” said Whit Ayres, a veteran Republican pollster. “It looked pretty different five years ago than it did today. All seven of them have a measure of independence that those who have to run in 2022 in a closed Republican primary just don’t have.”
    For Mr. Cassidy, it was a sense of outrage at the former president’s actions, starting long before the assault on Jan. 6, that played the dominant role. In an interview on Sunday, Mr. Cassidy said Mr. Trump had “trumpeted that lie” about the election for months, then sat by for hours as lawmakers and his own vice president were under attack in the Capitol and did nothing — other than to call Republican senators to ask them to continue challenging the election results.

“That anger simmers in the background,” Mr. Cassidy said. “My whole life, reading about great men and women who sacrifice for our country, who sacrifice so that we could have the freedoms that we have here today — and the idea that somebody would attempt to usurp those and destroy them?”
    Mr. Cassidy won re-election in November, as did two others who voted to convict the former president — Senators Susan Collins of Maine and Ben Sasse of Nebraska — meaning they have five years before their names will appear on a ballot. Two others, Senators Richard M. Burr of North Carolina and Patrick J. Toomey of Pennsylvania, are retiring. The other two, Senators Lisa Murkowski of Alaska and Mitt Romney of Utah, the 2012 Republican presidential nominee, have long since established their willingness to break with their party, and particularly with Mr. Trump.

Ms. Murkowski is the only one of the group facing re-election next year, making her vote the most politically risky of them all.
    She famously returned to Washington even after losing a Republican primary in 2010 by defeating both the Republican and Democratic nominees in an audacious write-in campaign, and she has appeared untroubled by the potential political consequences of her vote.

That might be partly influenced by a change in Alaska’s voting system: Voters in November approved a measure to eliminate party primaries and institute a ranked-choice contest in which any candidate could prevail, blunting the influence of the hard-right voters who decide most Republican primaries.
    In the weeks before the impeachment trial, Ms. Collins huddled in multiple Zoom meetings with a team of lawyers, including external advisers and members of her staff, to discuss the constitutionality of putting a former president on trial and whether Mr. Trump could mount a defense premised on his right to free speech, according to Richard H. Fallon Jr., a Harvard Law professor and adviser to Ms. Collins who participated in the discussions.

“I don’t think there was any substantial disagreement at the end about the constitutional points,” he said.
    Mr. Burr, then the chairman of the Intelligence Committee, subpoenaed testimony from Donald Trump Jr. in 2019 as part of his work conducting the only bipartisan congressional investigation into Russian election interference. The former president’s son responded by starting a political war against the senator in an attempt to turn his party against him.

Perhaps the most predictable votes came from two of Mr. Trump’s most biting critics in the Senate: Mr. Sasse and Mr. Romney, who was the only Republican to vote to convict Mr. Trump in his first impeachment trial.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

January 20: Biden signs an order forbidding discrimination against LBGTQ people.

By February 15: 50,000 Conservative sites decreeing that Biden has ordered little girls to shower with grown men and that boys can play on high school girl's teams.

*Sigh*

Astonishing Member

It's all squirreled away in various forms of savings Even the GOP economists have demonstrated that back n the early 2000s.