View Poll Results: Who is your favorite actor and villain?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Bookworm

0 0%
  • Catwoman

5 15.63%
  • The Clock King

0 0%
  • Egghead

0 0%
  • False Face

0 0%
  • The Joker

15 46.88%
  • King Tut

1 3.13%
  • Louie the Lilac

0 0%
  • The Mad Hatter

0 0%
  • Marsha, Queen of Diamonds

0 0%
  • Mr. Freeze

1 3.13%
  • Olga, Queen of Cossacks

0 0%
  • The Penguin

1 3.13%
  • The Riddler

8 25.00%
  • Shame

1 3.13%
    Fantastic Member

Default The best '66 Batman villain according to yo

I love Egghead, but I gotta give Shame a headstart. Cliff really aced his second appearance and created what so few were able: an original villain with a memorable personality (He is basically George Bush as a supervillain).

Another aspect that made it fun is that unlike the rest, he is a leading man. Most villains were twisted and crooked rubbing hands, mustache twirling sort of way, Shame is an alpha dog like Batman, which makes the antagonism interesting.

Egghead is pure Vincent price syrup. He steals every scene and you can't help but love him for that. Tut steals and it's all about his drama; instead, Egghead makes it clever and fun without trying. However they relied too much on this in the third season. The best showmanship can hardly substitute for the lack of plot.

In many cases the actors were good, with great presence, take the Clock King or the Puzzler, but they were just not as magnetic as the Penguin, the Riddler, the Joker, Tut or Egghead, or as fun as Julie's Catwoman. I think David Wayne and specially Sanders went in the opposite direction. The Mad Hatter is an odd little gentleman and Mr. Freeze is all about his tragic situation. I have no clue why Otto was the most popular Mr. Freeze.
    Last edited by Rafa-Rivas-2099; 08-14-2014 at 10:10 PM.

So, you're focusing on the TV show versions here?

There's also Favorite Batman villains?

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I'm taking this just from the 60's TV show from the list so...

Riddle me this! hoo-hoo-hoo-hooooo.

Gorshin was perfect.

I think Mr. freeze was probably my favorite; I felt that the Mad Hatter was underutilized, and I couldn't really get into king tut, much as I loved the concept.

Incredible Member

Where is Ra's Al Ghul ?

Incredible Member

Catwoman, Lee Meriwether or Eartha Kitt.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkKnightReturns View Post
    Where is Ra's Al Ghul ?
    Go to the other poll . . . this seems more TV show / Batman '66 related villains.

Eartha Kitt's Catwoman, hands down. Ethereal goddess realness.

Frank Gorshin was great too though.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    So, you're focusing on the TV show versions here?

There's also Favorite Batman villains?
    Yes. When I fist saw the answer I thought that people really like Gorshin. But then I saw your poll and now I realize that it's all Zero Year influence and that both polls are way too informed by recent comics.

I should have used the names of the actors and put emphasis on the show.

At least your poll show that people are starting to forget about Hush. What a stupid character.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I think Mr. freeze was probably my favorite; I felt that the Mad Hatter was underutilized, and I couldn't really get into king tut, much as I loved the concept.
    As with most villains, when it comes to Tut, the coating doesn't really matter. Forget about Egypt, he an overly dramatic megalomaniac with god complex and wild mood swings. Which is why he stands out. All the big six bat villains stand out with magnetic wild personalities. This is why good performances like Slezak or Asting din't make them recurring. I think this is what happened with David Wayne. Maurice Evans had a great presence, put it felt too much like some teacher or something. The only one that wasn't really wild but did something really entertaining was Robertson.

I'd probably say Burgess Meredith's Penguin was my favorite. Followed closely by Julie Newmar's Catwoman.

Mad Hatter by David Wayne tends to be underrated. I liked George Sanders version of Mr.Freeze a lot as well.
    Kurt Angle:"Canada is lacking two things.The first is Olympic heroes,and no Ben Johnson does not count.The second is Memorial Day.We in the States celebrate our heroes by having barbecues.I realise here in Canada you can't have barbecues because you'd be attacked by a moose,a caribou or even a grizzly,it's true! Hold on a second - you'd probably be attacked by a grizzly as well.On second thought..the Grizzlies don't beat ANYBODY here in Vancouver,let alone anywhere else,it's true,it's true!"

Lightbulb Mr. Freeze: Cold Spirit

Mr. Freeze is the villain that spooks Batman the most. Batman tackles criminally insane terrorists and eerie maniacs and all of them haunt the Dark Knight, especially the Joker and Scarecrow.

However, Mr. Freeze gets under Batman's skin, since, like Batman, Mr. Freeze seems to be on a crusade based on sentimentality and emotion.

Mr. Freeze was a respected scientist until circumstances places him and his beloved wife in a state of medical dependency, and ever since then, Mr. Freeze focuses his energies into terrorizing Gotham City with his deadly freeze rays, convinced that no one will get in the way of his road to using whatever means necessary to gather clues and samples for his seemingly endless scientific pursuit for the cure to his wife's state.

Batman fights the evil of Gotham City in honor of the memory of his murdered parents, and Mr. Freeze creates undesirable terror, believing in the romanticized nihilistic crusade to find rageful retribution for his wife.

Mr. Freeze is to Batman what the Soviet Union was to Reagan's America.

I actually was entertained by Arnold Schwarzenegger's portrayal of the stubborn Mr. Freeze in the big-budget Hollywood (USA) Batman (DC Comics) adaptation "Batman and Robin" (1997).

Batman and Robin (Film)

I have to go with Joker on this one. As much as I love villains like The Riddler and Mr. Freeze... Joker has and always will be, for me, the quintessential Batman villain.

I also love Catwoman but to me, she's not really a "villain".
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender