Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default X-Men-Avengers: What Happens Next?

We've seen the Avengers and X-Men unite to take down Orchis. We've even been given (sort of) an explanation as to why the Avengers didn't intervene earlier after Orchis' attack. So what does this mean going forward? Are relations in a better place now? Will we see more positive interactions the two? Or is this just a temporary alliance against a common foe and things revert back to the statis quo?

So, where do things go between these two groups?

They remain cordial until MCU adapts AvX most likely.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    They remain cordial until MCU adapts AvX most likely.
    i want avX to hold off as long as possible. as it stand i feel X-MEN would lose unless they can prove themselves at the box office as #1. after few movies with billion dollar results then let them fight
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Nothing happens. The books will do thier own thing.
    X-Men Forever

Well, MacKay is writing for both lines, so they'll probably have crossover adventures and be allies.

In an ideal world though, all the human Avengers will be killed off and subsequently replaced by Academy X students. That way, it's a win-win for both franchises.
    Last edited by Rift; Yesterday at 04:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

There’s such a surplus of good characters, I’d enjoy another Uncanny Avengers book with a crossover team.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Historically, they do help each other when they need/are written to, so it's not like it was a big issue...not until the garbage writing of avx showed up.

I'm guessing each side will go back to staying in their lanes until some Editor decides to regurgitate the XvsA buttocksness and dumbfoolery. And Maybe Brevoort and Co. are planning something along the UA line for one of the yet to be mentioned X-books.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    There’s such a surplus of good characters, I’d enjoy another Uncanny Avengers book with a crossover team.
    Yes please
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Hopefully nothing. But if forced to say, that they call I truce. But I'm actually getting sick of them together in these big crossovers.

After Tony and Emma it's Steve and Jean's turn to tie the knot to make the wedding of franchises official. Losing both of his previous lovers to Avengers pushes Scott over the edge and we enter the era of Wrongclops. It all culminates in the summer 2025 crossover event Civil War III in which Scott and like minded individuals who disapprove of the wedding declare war on the rest of MU.

Marvel hire me.

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    After Tony and Emma it's Steve and Jean's turn to tie the knot to make the wedding of franchises official. Losing both of his previous lovers to Avengers pushes Scott over the edge and we enter the era of Wrongclops. It all culminates in the summer 2025 crossover event Civil War III in which Scott and like minded individuals who disapprove of the wedding declare war on the rest of MU.

Marvel hire me.
    Lol I always thought Steve and Jean would work well together. Especially since Steve/Wanda were a thing before Avengers Disassembled.

Fantastic Member

My guess is the relationship won't be bad, but the X-Men will be in underground hated and feared status, changing the tenor of their interaction. In future team ups I could see the Avengers staying behind to mug for the cameras while the X-Men quickly take their leave. With multiple X-Men teams we could see differing approaches.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Well, MacKay is writing for both lines, so they'll probably have crossover adventures and be allies.

In an ideal world though, all the human Avengers will be killed off and subsequently replaced by Academy X students. That way, it's a win-win for both franchises.
    I don't think the human Avengers would agree that it's a win-win.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I don't think the human Avengers would agree that it's a win-win.
    Yeah but they're dead, who cares what they think?
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Fantastic Member

The problem with the setup with From the Ashes (at least as I see it) is that we are going back to a status where mutants are hated and feared even if it is already starting to become clear (to the public in story) that Orchis has been up to some bad things. There is no reason for this to happen. It makes no sense. The fact that the Avengers know all this should be enough to help their standing. This story does not work now.