Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by comicboy12 View Post
    alternate dimensions or time travel
    I'm with you on time travel, but when it comes to alternate dimensions, I disagree.

I wouldn't mind seeing Marvel refresh the concept of an ultimate Earth-type alternate universe, only populated solely by alternate reality C-listers and below -- and new acquisitions as well -- who otherwise don't get much spotlight on 616. No Avengers, no FF, no Spider-Man, no Hulk, etc. And no Asgardians or mutants either. When the Celestials came to this alternate Earth, they didn't experiment on the fauna or proto-mankind. Instead, the Celestials experimented on the land, the air, the atmosphere, the core and magnetic poles, the water and the flora. Superhuman abilities were derived over time through exposure or consumption of one of those elements. Most of the Gods didn't take too well to the Celestials interfering in their domain and warred against them. It was a short fight. All of the arrogant gods were destroyed with their collective life forces dispersed throughout this alternate universe. All magic in this universe is attributed to those godly energies that permeate pretty much every corner of this dimension. Thus the stage is set. You have a fresh Earth, with a logical explanation for all manner of powers, and alternate Earth C - Z listers to exalt under Marvel's banner. What writer wouldn't want that challenge?
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 10-20-2020 at 08:25 PM.