Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
In my estimate, there's basically two really great Marvel cartoon shows: The Spectacular Spider-Man and X-Men Evolution. Great in the sense I'd rank these two among the best adventure cartoon shows out there whether it's Bruce Timm or the Disney Afternoon shows.

Know what they both have in common, both were done independently of Marvel by outside professionals in animation, so you had Greg Weisman (of Gargoyles fame among others) doing Spectacular, given freedom by Sony Pictures who produced that completely. Then X-Men Evolution was...I s--t you not...produced by Kids!WB i.e. Warner Bros themselves, way back in the early 2000s when WB was willing to work as a hired gun for a rival comics company.

The others are good to mediocre in my estimate.

Kevin Feige did in fact produce Wolverine and the X-Men and that ran for one season and that's actually a good cartoon...also the last X-Men cartoon produced in more than a decade. Gee, I wonder why (*cough* Perlmutter *cough*).

But essentially, Marvel sees animation as just merchandise commercials for kids. That's it. They don't consider them creative mediums on which they should set a mark. It's basically "Whatup cool kids buy merchandise and here's visual aids". Marvel always exercised historically an unusual level of control on animated adaptations because they wanted to make sure that the cartoons are A) Kid Friendly, B) Merchandise friendly. So animated producers never got freedom to the extent Bruce Timm got at DC/WB. That's why Donald Glover's Deadpool series got cancelled because Marvel (esp. Marvel-Disney) didn't want a foul-mouthed cartoon for teenagers because in their mind animation=kids.
Marvel also did Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes which is also considered a good series.