Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast

For those saying not needed - don't pick it up. That's fine. But there are some of us who have been looking forward to some of this - especially the first two issues. If my user name here isn't a clue...
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

BANNED

I'm very excited for this book. Lots of potential. I don't know that the sales will be as usual since the writer and artists are going to change often. We've only gotten the first 2 topics so I think there will be something for everyone eventually.

Incredible Member

I am wondering when Fabian Niciesza has decided to set X-Men Legends #1-2. Back during X-Men #38-39, he was investigating Mr. Sinister and the Shi'ar abduction of Christopher and Katherine Summers. A few issues later, during X-Men #41, he was fighting Erik the Red after somehow finding him on Earth and then the M'Kraan Crystal crystallized the universe due to Legion. It obviously can't be set before he finds Erik the Red, since all the X-Men present in this issue were preoccupied with Legion. Maybe it's set after, but if it is, how did Adam-X find Erik the Red and what happened during their battle?

Finally a new X-book to be excited for! "X-Men Legends" is the first one I have decided to get a subscription to since the ill-fated "X-Men '92". I just hope that Marvel doesn't make the same stupid choices such as they did with "X-Men '92" nor "X-Men Forever". No forced comedy, camp and cameos. And no uncharacteristic decisions or dooming the entire team from the first issue. And for the love of God Marvel...NO "All-new/All-terrible" uniform changes. This is critical! I would rather have the book be totally a 90s book with today's writers and artists, but I will take whatever I can get (within reason)!
    Some bands I love: Katatonia, Tool, Flaw, Within Temptation, Breaking Benjamin, Evergrey, The Panic Division, Bush, The Birthday Massacre, Silverchair ('94-'01), Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Autumn, Klone, A Perfect Circle, Starset, This Misery Garden, Evanescence, Dead Letter Circus, Pallbearer, The Foreshadowing & tons more!

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    For those saying not needed - don't pick it up. That's fine. But there are some of us who have been looking forward to some of this - especially the first two issues. If my user name here isn't a clue...
    Don't you know that's not how these type of forums work? Is not about what other people want, it is about what one particular poster wants and thinks everybody else should (or not) get. If nothing else, the recent voting to elect a new member of the main X-Men team should prove that opinions that people have on social media don't really reflect the world outside, but whatever. I am excited for this series, it could be a fun way to tie loose ends without having to do it in the main series, plus it can be easily cancelled once it has fulfilled its purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    X-Men Legends sounds like a fun series and I hope it has a nice long run and doesn't just last 12 issues, although I'm afraid the anthology format doesn't really help with sales.

I also wonder if they'll bring back Scott Lobdell given all the bad publicity he's been getting lately, as he's one of the few major X-writers of the past who wasn't listed in the initial press release.
    No way. If Warren Ellis, who is a bigger draw in the world of comics, has effectively been blacklisted from every mayor publisher at this point, then I don't see the justification for Marvel to do so, especially considering the negative publicity that it would bring. On a personal note I have never been a fan of his work, I find his run to be one of the weakest in X-Men history (sans Generation X of course), although I will admit that he did create some great character additions to the line (Synch, Cece, Marrow, etc).

BANNED

Seems kind of quirky or cliche to see Marvel is going all out 80s or 90s and it's like they are going to get stuck with this loop.

I love this I’ve been waiting for this for forever

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Seems kind of quirky or cliche to see Marvel is going all out 80s or 90s and it's like they are going to get stuck with this loop.
    Geeze. In case you and others have forgotten,Marvel owns these books-not you. They can do whatever they want with them. Frankly I can see why they would want to go in this direction,given the utter crapfest the New Mutants Movie and the rest turned out to be.

I honestly feel like this is a good compromise. Main books are taking these characters in a new direction while this book scratches a nostalgia itch.

This book could be great! I am excited for it.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I honestly feel like this is a good compromise. Main books are taking these characters in a new direction while this book scratches a nostalgia itch.
    The main continuity of Marvel has also been dependent upon nostalgia and it's not only X-Men. Heroes Reborn, Shi'r, Adam X, old costumes vice versa. Hickman has deviated from his own worldbuilding and depended upon nostalgia lately. Could have been better if Hickman if he had touched on recent events more. Like Vulcan or Chilrdren of the Vault etc.
    Last edited by Vishop; 01-31-2021 at 03:53 AM.

Yeah this my take on it, I'm not really interested in this type of thing so I'm just going to pretend like it doesn't exist.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

It's the SNYDERCUT of X-Men books.

The main continuity of Marvel has also been dependent upon nostalgia and it's not only X-Men. Heroes Reborn, Shi'r, Adam X, old costumes vice versa. Hickman has deviated from his own worldbuilding and depended upon nostalgia lately. Could have been better if Hickman if he had touched on recent events more. Like Vulcan or Chilrdren of the Vault etc.
    Hickman has had TWO nostalgia focused stories (the first Giant Size one-shot and X-Men #17) out of over two dozen issues that he's released while working in the X-Office. I think you're jumping the gun a little bit. I can't speak for the rest of Marvel cause I honestly only pay attention to the X-Men comics.