Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Maybe that "police force" could be part of X-Corp's mutant-relations portfolio.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    OMG i could only imagine Percy doing a bishop solo if he goes as hardcore as he does on Logan. I could imagine Bishop creating a "local" police force especially with Arrako now part of Krakoa and all the other terrotories. Someone needs to actually keep some checks and balances within the mutant world with so many different mutants and temperaments.
    While over policing the new residents seems kinda messed up and a good way to create animosity, that honestly sounds like a really good story pitch. I’d definitely buy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    You're assuming X-Force can have any story beat other than Beast being a psychopath or Wolverine being right about things. Bishop would probably do better in SWORD.
    X-force gave issues to Domino drama, Colossus drama, a Quentin spotlight issues is going to happen(there is a subplot happening on books).
    X-force is one of the few team books that feel like team books

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    While over policing the new residents seems kinda messed up and a good way to create animosity, that honestly sounds like a really good story pitch. I’d definitely buy.
    Why would somebody put Bishop as cop? read the room folks

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    X-force gave issues to Domino drama, Colossus drama, a Quentin spotlight issues is going to happen(there is a subplot happening on books).
    X-force is one of the few team books that feel like team books

Why would somebody put Bishop as cop? read the room folks
    Because Bishop use to be a cop/detective?
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    I know right. Its hilarious reading through these post only to see confirmation of the storyline being so singular and flimsy that debates about the kitty gate takes like a whole page. Lol!
    16 issues in and only 2 characters get any major development. They're just wasting these other characters right now.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    You're assuming X-Force can have any story beat other than Beast being a psychopath or Wolverine being right about things. Bishop would probably do better in SWORD.
    That's why I said X-Force or some other book in my post. He can do SWORD, X-Corps or a new X-Treme or X.S.E. title. I just want him in a title that will actually have an important use for him.

OMG i could only imagine Percy doing a bishop solo if he goes as hardcore as he does on Logan. I could imagine Bishop creating a "local" police force especially with Arrako now part of Krakoa and all the other terrotories. Someone needs to actually keep some checks and balances within the mutant world with so many different mutants and temperaments.
    Y'up. Bishop is one of the Great Captains so that should be one of his responsibilities. Keeping the peace between Arakko and Krakoa. He could have a team made up of mutants from each island.

I was thinking along the lines of when there is a crime commited by a mutant this would be the team that hunts that mutant down and brings them to justice. At some point if we are realistic with millions of mutants and soon across galaxies, there will definitely be Krakoan citizens feeling themselves and without the backdrop of "we are doing this to survive" it could create some great stories. Not just externally but internally.

I think i would go with like Bishop and maybe two sub units he control or something like that.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    16 issues in and only 2 characters get any major development. They're just wasting these other characters right now.

That's why I said X-Force or some other book in my post. He can do SWORD, X-Corps or a new X-Treme or X.S.E. title. I just want him in a title that will actually have an important use for him.

Y'up. Bishop is one of the Great Captains so that should be one of his responsibilities. Keeping the peace between Arakko and Krakoa. He could have a team made up of mutants from each island.
    Yup while X-force deals with human crimes against mutants this Team would specifically deal with mutant crimes and bringing them to justice. With the portals as well they could literally go anywhere in order to bring a culprit to justice or stop a mutant crime.

I think the main unit i'd go

Bishop/Trinary/Madrox/Feral/John wraith/ and Caliban
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

Because Bishop use to be a cop/detective?
    Doesnt mean he has to continue to be a cop. Detective aren't always cops

Extraordinary Member

He was a cop. I don't know why you singled out the detective part. He has a long history in law enforcement. That is something, if needed in the new situation, he can put to good use. In a world where people think every mutant who can teleport would be rushing to sign up to live on a space station where they essentially become part of an organic circuit board, thinking Bishop would gravitate back to policing is the sanest thought.

Also I hope you're not implying that Bishop can't be a cop because he's black. The black experience is not monolithic and I've personally met plenty of black police officers. Actually did part of my undergrad thesis on the experience of black officers.

Of course it would have to be handled with a lot of care, but it'd be weird for us to act like THAT's the part of his history that we have to ignore.

Yup while X-force deals with human crimes against mutants this Team would specifically deal with mutant crimes and bringing them to justice. With the portals as well they could literally go anywhere in order to bring a culprit to justice or stop a mutant crime.

I think the main unit i'd go

Bishop/Trinary/Madrox/Feral/John wraith/ and Caliban
    We need some Arakki mutants on this team so this would be a good time to create some New Mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    We need some Arakki mutants on this team so this would be a good time to create some New Mutants.
    Yooo! i'm ready to draw this team right now. All those diverse Arrako mutants to chose from. I would grab a necromancer, someone who can speak to various victims or something like that. They can have the criminal intent unit, the special victims unit. It could have been under the entire umbrella of x-force that's where i thought it was going to be honest. Imagine bishop calling all units. I also feel that Marauders needs to expand more as well after seeing the scope of S.W.O.R.D. nothing we have feels big enough now. It's a great thought to have. Put more oceanic based mutants to aid in the marauders book and give Bishop a legit District X title. Priest would do an amazing job now that i'm thinking about it. Imagine street level stories when the steet level villians are all mutants.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

Also I hope you're not implying that Bishop can't be a cop because he's black. The black experience is not monolithic and I've personally met plenty of black police officers. Actually did part of my undergrad thesis on the experience of black officers.

Of course it would have to be handled with a lot of care, but it'd be weird for us to act like THAT's the part of his history that we have to ignore.
    Of course people can be black and a cop, he was a cop for a good time of his publication. It's just that it can make him less popular.

It has to e really well done and I don't trust x-office to deliver, they already crap on his character many ties on the past

Bishop wasn't some joe-shmoe police officer, he was an Xavier's Security Enforcement officer, in a dystopian future. It was his way to make a life outside of the internment camp he grew up in. Yes, he hunted down and even killed fellow mutants at the behest of the elite, but they usually were actual violent, sadistic people, as far as we saw. His situation is a little more complex than #ACAB, and a nuanced writer could have a field day exploring this angle, in all it's dimensions.

That said, I think the Bishop/Sage Mulder/Scully act from X-treme was ripe for mining, as was something like District X.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Eh It's just a hanging plot that's yet to be solved, I don't think there's anything to clarify

Yeah but I am a little bit worried because it feels like they consider that it's already solved.