Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    All i'll say is the way Tini talks about Excalibur in interviews is awesome. They way she talks about Betsy is awesome. BUT what she says and what she actually writes just is not translation onto the page at all. The execution is just not there.

Hopefully now that Betsy and Apoc are MIA she can actually give Gambit and Rogue something to do because honestly they are just shoe horned into this title and just doesn't make sense.

Also Krakoa allowed them to build a normal looking house on Krakoa? I don't how them, Shaw, and Emma have places that look regular. But I supposed Krakoa can build mutants anything.
    Past that...

I do think that this is the title where I feel like I have almost no idea where it will go from here. That's not really such a bad thing.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Hopefully now that Betsy and Apoc are MIA she can actually give Gambit and Rogue something to do because honestly they are just shoe horned into this title and just doesn't make sense.
    I miss Rogue when she was in the Uncanny Avenger team. There, she did more stuff and have more roles than she do right now in the X-Men teams.

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Well I'm happy with my representation of gay men who foolish fall for unobtainable men!
    I don't know if it's irony or not, but Rictor can have friendly relationships with men without being his romantic interest.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    It's really hard to have faith in Tini anymore....

I was so excited to have a female writer on Excalibur, and all the interviews she gives it seems she loves Betsy and have great ideas and knowledge about Excalibur lore.... but there is something in the way she wrote this book, specially the first 12 issues, where I just couldn't care for anything or anyone and I loved the idea of Betsy, Jubes, Rogue and Gambit together again in a team.

I hope she delivers us some good stories, but mostly I hope she takes time to develop the characters and their relationships. I'm glad X of Swords is over since this books was basically a build up to the event. I want to see what she's capable of without being worried with an event.
    I loved all of the issues. Witt that said this book was meant to lead up to the X of Swords. With Apocalypse gone it will be a very different book, clearly.

I also want to see how the stories go now.

As for the future of Apocalypse, he’s married to a woman who controls a demon dimension. I tend to assume this means they are going to invade Earth in the future.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Or....hear me out...they can use that control to help with any major future battles. Similar to how Illyana the ruler of Limbo can use her demons to help when needed.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

Well Saturnyne turned Annihilation into a staff making it easier to control. Still not sure if Genesis and her family are meant to be future allies, though.

Magik control the armies of limbo, but her emotional connections to the X-Men are much stronger than Apocalypse. Genesis and the kids have no emotional connection to them.

This has the potential to be ugly for the X-Men. The winner here was Saturnyne as she got the Captain Britain corps back and all the other kingdoms under her control. And Amenth is stabilized for low, giving Krakoa a chances to be ready for attack.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Going by what o--[A]--o did at the end and his through-arc since HoX/PoX...I'd say his emotional connection to the X-Men, Krakoa and Mutants in general is pretty damn strong.

We'll see how it all plays out.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Going by what o--[A]--o did at the end and his through-arc since HoX/PoX...I'd say his emotional connection to the X-Men, Krakoa and Mutants in general is pretty damn strong.

As exemplified when En Sabah Nur tricked Rogue into being his unwilling lab experiment which put her in a coma without warning anyone what touching the gate would despite researching this for centuries, convincing Betsy to fight her brother to the death which she hated doing because he had no empathy for either of the siblings in that situation and murdering the Externals to create a gate by betraying them.

We've seen this play out again and again, it ends in blood - just not Apocalypse's.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post

Yes, it is evident that Apocalypse had quite a character development in Krakoa, he softened from the first issues to X of Swords. Even Genesis realizes it in the end, he is no longer the man she loved, he has changed for the better. He started out being a lot more of a jerk than he ended up. His connection with Rictor was genuine in the end, if not, once Rictor created the External Gate Apocalypse would no longer care about him and he was feral when Rictor was dying.

Of course he's still Apocalypse, which means he's still a pretty terrible person, but the X-Men managed to change him a bit for the better.

I actually agree with both Steel Inquisitor and Glio. Apocalypse is definitely still a horrible person, but I think the events of the past year have softened him and he seems to genuinely care about the well-being of Krakoa as a nation.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I actually agree with both Steel Inquisitor and Glio. Apocalypse is definitely still a horrible person, but I think the events of the past year have softened him and he seems to genuinely care about the well-being of Krakoa as a nation.
    I think the key moment that symbolizes this change better than any other is when he chooses for Arakko to return to Earth. At that time he put the welfare of Krakoa (the island) and the citizens of Arakko above his wishes to reign. Even Opal and Cyclops are shocked to see Apocalypse make that decision. Precisely, it wouldn't be shocking to see him do something so noble if he weren't still quite a horrible person.

But it is a demonstration that Krakoa can change some people for the better. Even the worst of villains can get a little better with the right environment if they put in the effort. It is a very positive message.

Morning breakfast with the Lebeaus and a morning stroll with Shogo. I don't see how you can start a day off any better.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Morning breakfast with the Lebeaus and a morning stroll with Shogo. I don't see how you can start a day off any better.
    You would think if Remy was going through all the trouble to get real eggs, he'd be more creative in how they were prepared. An amulet, perhaps?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I think the key moment that symbolizes this change better than any other is when he chooses for Arakko to return to Earth. At that time he put the welfare of Krakoa (the island) and the citizens of Arakko above his wishes to reign. Even Opal and Cyclops are shocked to see Apocalypse make that decision. Precisely, it wouldn't be shocking to see him do something so noble if he weren't still quite a horrible person.
    They shouldn't be that shocked, he's made some movement at doing good but he's still Apocalyse and all that entails - which includes hurting mutants in Krkaoa very recently. He's done too much destruction and betrayed too many people for that too be truly breath taking. Also, letting him have Arakko without any supervision is asking for him to have a bigger power base and an army that isn't loyal to Krakao, and we know he plans on connecting to his family, in a culture where Might Make Right is a given. It's tempting fate and they should be aware of the consequences.

But it is a demonstration that Krakoa can change some people for the better. Even the worst of villains can get a little better with the right environment if they put in the effort. It is a very positive message.[/QUOTE]

That's a very low bar too clear, especially when we know he still betrayed and hurt Krakoa and people he was responsible for leading. The message also gets lost considering the stakes of how horrible his actions are, he doesn't turn into a good person by any stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    You would think if Remy was going through all the trouble to get real eggs, he'd be more creative in how they were prepared. An amulet, perhaps?
    I tried to fry an amulet once. Couldn’t get the heat up high enough to melt it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.