Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

yeah that was my only question in him getting a starfighter, just doesn't seem to be that useful for a Bounty Hunter unless he only takes local jobs from now on
    or he could carbonite them and tie them to the back of the ship like a deer carcass or something

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    yeah that was my only question in him getting a starfighter, just doesn't seem to be that useful for a Bounty Hunter unless he only takes local jobs from now on
    or he could carbonite them and tie them to the back of the ship like a deer carcass or something
    OMG!

Now I want that to happen. That would be friggin hilarious.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I love the references to Rebels and Clone Wars. I always wondered if the rebellion Botan and Sabine started in Mandalore is what kicked started the purge and it looks like it did. The homage to terminator with the droids was a nice touch.

Was the DB droid in this episode the same one from Jedi Fallen Order? If so then I'm concerned about what might have happened to the mantis crew.

It was great seeing Din still thinking about Grogu. Makes me excited for their eventual reunion

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Question: Is this the first time we've been told that it's not easy to wield the Darksaber? It seems one has to be mentally in tune with it or something...?
    No, it first came up in Rebels. Sabine explicitly said it felt like the blade got lighter as she trained with it, the implication being that she was tuning into it, becoming more comfortable with the responsibility it confers. Here Din has the opposite, with it seeming to grow heavier. He doesn't want the mantle it offers and the blade reacts to that.

It makes sense from what we've seen of Jedi lightsabers. The Jedi who builds it has to synch to the kyber crystal, form a bond with it through the Force. To an extent, the crystal chooses the wielder. It seems fitting that someone trying to use somebody else's blade, particularly a non-Jedi, might have to grapple with the same principle.

That was a great episode of the Mandalorian! lol

Okay, so who is the hot-rod enthusiast on this show? It's well known that George Lucas likes his hot rods. Between the Vespas and Din's knew fighter, it feels like this is the space cowboy version of American Graffiti.

Never thought I'd see a Nubian starfighter again. Lots of callbacks to Episode I here- from the ship, to Din's test flight (using the same locations as the podrace, it felt like), to him saying, of all things, "Wizard!" after he landed. And I loved it all.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    I don’t think he *is* a bounty hunter anymore - not really. It’s his side hustle and payment plan, but he’s really gone full knight errant in terms of profession - he lives for quests, challenges and worthy causes. He never used the carbonite chamber after Chapter 3, has gone against, above and beyond the Guild Code when he felt it was necessary and righteous. And while his quest with Grogu is over, he has a new impossible quest to fulfil, and actually seems to get some swagger back when told he must find the holy waters of Mandalore.

Dude’s basically Perceval or Gawain from Camelot, just in Star Wars.

A Starfighter is a horrible bounty hunter ship… but a great vehicle for a heroic champion.

He’s basically more and more different from Boba Fett each time he appears - he started as a Boba Fett stand-in and now has an opposing look, opposing ship, opposing mission-statement for himself, and a more clearly defined characterization.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post

A Starfighter is a horrible bounty hunter ship… but a great vehicle for a heroic champion.
    Except that Din's new N-1 has a handy crew bubble instead of an astromech slot. And one presumes a bounty hunter doesn't much care if his quarry is cramped while being transported. Granted, it's pretty obviously intended to be Grogu's seat, out of universe, but he's got room for another body now.

Astonishing Member

I mean that wasn't the Book of Boba Fett but that was an awesome episode

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    So looking back at Boba's inspiration-Man With No Name and Yojimbo, makes me wonder if the fact that Fett seems to be somewhat 'nicer' is inspired in part by those characters-who start as fairly mercenary-becoming sort of more heroic, especially after a humbling experience.
    While Boba Fett's original design and motivations such as they were are from Spaghetti Westerns, Boba now seems like a character from other types of Westerns. Like Shane or Man Called Horse.

Boba has a code now. He never seemed to have one before. Or a personality for that matter.

Dumb. I feel cheated out of an episode of Boba Fett and now hate baby yoda and his pet mercenary even more.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

I was not expecting a full on Mando episode, basically Mando 2.5, but I guess this sets up/teases season 3 for people itching to see Din again. Like, this really could have been a season 3 premier episode, but instead it's sandwiched into the Book of Boba Fett, but I guess because Din will probably come back in the climax and they're saving his reunion for Grogu for his own show.

I'm surprised Bo let Din keep the Darksaber. I guess she didn't think it was worth fighting him over it. Then again every time Bo and her sister tried to "save" Mandalore, it didn't end well. Heck, Bo's failure had a prophecy going along with it because she didn't genuinely inherent the Darksaber. She was always doomed to fail.

I guess I'm not surprised that Din went back to his Mandalorian sect/cult, although I am kind of surprised that he never talked to the Armorer about learning exactly what they are. I guess it didn't really matter to him since they're still his people and he's still a Mandalorian one way or another.

I'm going to miss the spear and I thought it was a good addition to Din's arsenal, but if it means a Mandalorian gift for Grogu, it might be worth it. Also gives Din the excuse to master the Darksaber.

Clan Vizla can never leave well enough alone, can they?

I wonder if Sabine's parents survived the purge.

So is Din's new quest to go back to Mandalore to find out if any of the holy water he needs to redeem himself still exists? Is he going to just have to live with being an outside/outcast from his own clan for the rest of his life?

Sucks when you don't have a ship and have to fly commercial.

I remember rumors of The Mandalorian showing Naboo, but instead we get a Naboo starfighter. I mean, it's no Razorcrest, but there is something pretty cool about Mando piloting an up-close-and-personal starfighter into battle and zipping by at high speeds. I want some really cool dogfights in season 3.

Mando just can't help but keep getting pulled over by that one Republic officer.

Mando owes Boba enough that he'll help him free of charge. Mando's and pseudo-Mando's have to stick together.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Not directly related to the show but he's some Boba Fett from the cancelled 1313 video game.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/shinobi60...63068612071425

Wonder if that particular N-1 (In a better state) was the one piloted by Anakin. There's some writing near the cockpit that could confirm this I guess, "internet detectives" can probably figure it out.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I think it's just a common heroic arc for characters that start as rough and morally ambiguous. Look at Wolverine who was a crazy wildcard when he was a supporting character and what happened when he became more of a lead.

*****SPOILERS FOR LATEST EP*****
    -- Not that I'm not happy to see Mando again, but man that was a lot of filler... The beginning stuff was cool, but all that stuff with the ship just went on ... and where is Mando supposed to keep his bounties? On long trips he's just stuck sitting in that tiny cockpit too.
    Yeah, there's not a whole lot of room to store anything. He barely fit in the cockpit.

I guess he can always do the same thing he did with the butcher at the beginning of the episode. Don't need a lot of space for that.