Page 613 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 113513563603609610611612613614615616617623663713 ... LastLast
Results 9,181 to 9,195 of 15079
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I would go with JDW if it wasn’t for his height. Lol. Hence why I’d rather go with Aldis Hodge or Trevante Rhodes since they meet the height requirements.
    Unpopular opinion but I never been too impressed with JDW acting wise and think he would be one of the worst choices. If you're going to cast him in the MCU, let it be Vibraxas and call it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Y'all, I finished Priest's collection vol 1 and I'm currently finishing up vol 2 and boy is this run good! It was hard to follow at first but definitely became easier. There are a lot of recaps but I find them very helpful. The art changes a lot but I love that it becomes consistent after a while especially with Velluto. The editors are also good at informing past events to newer readers. The arcs are very good and flow into the next one perfectly.

I LOVE T'challa more than I ever had before. I didn't know he was this cool. I always got cocky know it all vibes from him but he's honestly very nice and honorable. A very complex character as well.

The supporting characters are also great. I don't like Achebe though. He's way too cartoonish for me. Idk, I'm ready for T'challa to off this dude

Queen Divine Justice is also perfect. Where is she? I look her up and she seems to exist only in Priest run. Not even other media use her.

Killmonger was great but his death was very...eh? Did it seem so anti-climactic? I guess I was expecting a second round between him and T'challa but nope.

I didn't think I would like Ross but he's funny and grew on quick so did Niki and Zuri.

Nakia is unhinged and Okoye is kinda a nonfactor which is vastly different than today's depiction. This threw me off the most I will admit.

Storm's appearance was perfect! I had no idea she and T'challa had history this far back and even further back all the way to Marvel Team-up #100. I always thought it was more modern as people exaggerated their love coming from nowhere.

But yeah loving this experience right now. I pray it maintains this till the end!
    Glad to see another BP fan & QDJ fan aswell and yeah unfortunately she he is an acquired taste and ahead of her time & has yet to be an outside media but hopefully that’s wil change.. she kind of sort of makes a couple appearances in the last bin BP series but it’s really not worth reading if you fan of hers or BP or etc imo

Y'all, I finished Priest's collection vol 1 and I'm currently finishing up vol 2 and boy is this run good! It was hard to follow at first but definitely became easier. There are a lot of recaps but I find them very helpful. The art changes a lot but I love that it becomes consistent after a while especially with Velluto. The editors are also good at informing past events to newer readers. The arcs are very good and flow into the next one perfectly.

I LOVE T'challa more than I ever had before. I didn't know he was this cool. I always got cocky know it all vibes from him but he's honestly very nice and honorable. A very complex character as well.

The supporting characters are also great. I don't like Achebe though. He's way too cartoonish for me. Idk, I'm ready for T'challa to off this dude

Queen Divine Justice is also perfect. Where is she? I look her up and she seems to exist only in Priest run. Not even other media use her.

Killmonger was great but his death was very...eh? Did it seem so anti-climactic? I guess I was expecting a second round between him and T'challa but nope.

I didn't think I would like Ross but he's funny and grew on quick so did Niki and Zuri.

Nakia is unhinged and Okoye is kinda a nonfactor which is vastly different than today's depiction. This threw me off the most I will admit.

Storm's appearance was perfect! I had no idea she and T'challa had history this far back and even further back all the way to Marvel Team-up #100. I always thought it was more modern as people exaggerated their love coming from nowhere.

But yeah loving this experience right now. I pray it maintains this till the end!

Priests stuff is like the holy grail of Black Panther comics. I appreciate his work because he was the first one to really give BP an arsenal worthy of someone who lead the most tech advanced nation on earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    I’d go for some kind of purple accent on the suit, other than when TChalla powers up. Because remember the suit is more about the tech in the suit now than it is about the Vibranium itself. Of course he has the claws but the metal itself is not really what makes the suit as powerful as it is. But at the miniumum I’d like to ALWAYS see the necklace there, because that’s how he puts the suit on in the first place. The suit activates from the necklace. And the necklace needs to have the panther logo on it.
    It should either have Kenneth rocaforts design

Or the accent's should always be visible and white like in the second panel

Similar to this

But no More Shadow with eyeballs. It gets old fast. Sometimes the shading and colors look cool and in JA Avengers the art has seemed to highlight this well so when the accent's do light up it looks super detailed and badass, but overalls it should always be present or more detail in general is needed

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Morph View Post
    Unpopular opinion but I never been too impressed with JDW acting wise and think he would be one of the worst choices. If you're going to cast him in the MCU, let it be Vibraxas and call it a day.
    Agreed. I think people overestimate JDW as an actor. He's competent at best. That being said, he's no T'Challa. Put Sopé Disiru in the role and people will be waxing hyperbole as to why he wasn't cast in the first place. My guy would kill it in the role.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    MAn, I don't even care if i twas pink accents

Just give me some effort please

I constantly have beef with the way TChalla is drawn. He may look good in a panel or two, or on the cover. But never for one full issue consistently.

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    Agreed. I think people overestimate JDW as an actor. He's competent at best. That being said, he's no T'Challa. Put Sopé Disiru in the role and people will be waxing hyperbole as to why he wasn't cast in the first place. My guy would kill it in the role.
    I gotta admit. This dude has the look of T'Challa, and I watched the videos posted some pages back. Dude is talented for sure. I would be curious to see of he could pull off a African accent well. He checks all the other boxes and is a Young guy so he could play the role for awhile

Roccafort puts so much detail into the art he can get away with black on black with no accents. Because his details are the accents.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I gotta admit. This dude has the look of T'Challa, and I watched the videos posted some pages back. Dude is talented for sure. I would be curious to see of he could pull off a African accent well. He checks all the other boxes and is a Young guy so he could play the role for awhile

He does look like TChalla. Should he keep the beard or shave it? TChalla in the books doesn’t have facial hair usually when we’ve seen him in Avengers, and the Hulk series, and in some of the more recent mini’s he’s been in. Sope does seem to have a presence, like a king.

The multiverse of madness gives me hope that we will get our T'Challa back. I look forward to seeing BP in the MCU Secret Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    The multiverse of madness gives me hope that we will get our T'Challa back. I look forward to seeing BP in the MCU Secret Wars.
    The multiverse is T’Challas last hope in terms of live action. Hell with Loki establishing that variants can look entirely different from their mainstream counterparts, Marvel is out of excuses to why T’Challa can’t stick around.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    He does look like TChalla. Should he keep the beard or shave it? TChalla in the books doesn’t have facial hair usually when we’ve seen him in Avengers, and the Hulk series, and in some of the more recent mini’s he’s been in. Sope does seem to have a presence, like a king.
    Either or is fine. For the Comics I kinda prefer the clean shaven and low cut with a fade but for MCU facial hair workswas long as it's clean

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Roccafort puts so much detail into the art he can get away with black on black with no accents. Because his details are the accents.
    That's why his design is probably my all time favorite. The details are top notch and even when the habit lights up it looks pretty baller. The only thing I would of changed was his actual T'Challa look. He messed up his hairline. But otherwise good

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I know it’s a bit controversial around these parts but I prefer T’Challa’s habit with slicked back ears that either go sideways or to the back of his head like in that pic. I think it’s a dope design choice and feels unique.
    Same here, less Batman comparisons

QDJ may appear again. Glad you are enjoying it! Anyone handling black panther who doesnt do some version of Priest or Stan/Kirby's vision (which is where Priest based his version) is unfit to handle the character or his world