Quote Originally Posted by Common Writer View Post
I've said this before on CBR and I'd say it again:

The main problem in Black Panther, in general, is that he has way too many supporting characters who represent just the military arm of Wakanda. Most of his supporting characters sound the same and serve the same purpose in his stories. And the more supporting characters a BP comic has, the fewer feats that T'Challa gets to earn on his own.

I liked it when Black Panther wasn't bulletproof because that threat of death was present in every battle he was in. He had to use his pantherish speed to dodge the spears, the blades the gun blasts everything. now he's Black Pampered.
Nah that was always a dumb thing about BP to start. Dudes the leader of the most advanced nation on earth and he is running around getting his scalp split by old ladies with cans of corn? Nah, how he is now is leagues better. He just needs his rogues to be elevated to be a threat to him. We don't need to strip T'Challa of his stuff just so goon slam Gary can be a match.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
I can't help but wonder if people would be badmouthing the movie the same way if Boseman were still alive...

It's sort of weird that when he died, everyone was all "rest in power, my king", but now that some time has passed, we're getting all these "but I hope the next BP actor portrays an ACCURATE T'challa!" posts.

*shrugs* Fans be fickle, I guess.
I know your not likely talking about me, but what I am saying now has been what I have been saying even when Chad was around still. I didn't like the aspects that his super genius was ambiguous and Shuri was pushed forward as THE super genius to the point where it appears she is the only one advancing Wakanda. And that I wish T'Challa was the one who was pushing to open Wakanda.

Frankly I don't want a variant to come in, that cheapens the impact of the first movie and doesn't allow us to continue T'Challas full character arc. And the more Priest like panther was something Chad wanted as well so I wouldn't mind seeing that always prepared T'Challa who's mind was his weapon