Page 864 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 364764814854860861862863864865866867868874914964 ... LastLast
Results 12,946 to 12,960 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    The Black Order mini(2018) came out after Unworthy Thor(2017). Apparently they weren't as dead as we thought.

I forgot they were in Avengers: No Surrender as well and that was in 2018
    Marvel used to be creative with resurrections, now it is just "here they are" lol

see:Okoye

lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Marvel used to be creative with resurrections, now it is just "here they are" lol

lol
    In all fairness Okoye was never dead to begin with. Lol.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Happy New Year to all our Wakandan brothers and sisters!

And to out beloved king, warrior and hero T'Challa. We continue to mourn the tragic loss of the MCU Black Panther actor Mr Chadwick Boseman. May he eternally rest in perfect peace and in power!

However, let us see what 2021 brings and has in store for the brilliant and powerful King of Wakanda!

Wakanda Forever!
    May his soul rest in peace. He was a very good actor and down to earth human being.

lol
    Marvel went overboard with resurrections over in X-Men.

Incredible Member

Anyone remember that scene in Rush Hour 2 where that Chinese man is singing karaoke and butchering the hell out of MJ's don't stop till you get enough? That's what's happening right now with BP2 and the BP franchise at large. I cant take this.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    In all fairness Okoye was never dead to begin with. Lol.
    Is that better or worse to be honest

"Somehow, Okoye has returned" lol

MCU gonna open BP3 with "somehow, T'challa has returned" and just move on Star Wars style lol

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    Anyone remember that scene in Rush Hour 2 where that Chinese man is singing karaoke and butchering the hell out of MJ's don't stop till you get enough? That's what's happening right now with BP2 and the BP franchise at large. I cant take this.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

MCU gonna open BP3 with "somehow, T'challa has returned" and just move on Star Wars style lol

Black Panther 3: The Return Of The King

And no one ever notice a bunch of dead people running around alive.

Marvel will have to recast, I know that wasn't the intention but here we are.

“You can’t recast T’Challa because the new actor would get a lot of hate and that would ruin their career.”

“You can’t recast T’Challa because the new actor couldn’t handle the pressure from following after Chadwick.”

Well look at where we are now folks.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

As much as I liked Chadwick and his portrayal I do think someone can do a better T'Challa and that's because we really only had one movie to watch him grow, 1.5 if you add his maybe 10 min of screen time from CW. If given a trilogy or more solo movies like Thor and roles like the ones Steve, Tony, Thor, and Banner had in Avengers movies or other team up films, someone can do better especially if he’s more like comic T'Challa primarily Priest and Redjack. But Feige and co seem to think they can rebrand the franchise as simply the Wakanda franchise and that side characters can carry it. No doubt they probably wanted Letitia/Shuri to carry it before the recent drama.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Yea an anti-hero LI is exactly what T'Challa needs in terms of characterization now. We've gotten a lot of "Noble Negro" T'Challa and lazy characterization that's removed all the nuance and moral ambiguity he used to have. They've also doubled down on playing into the fact T'Challa just isn't worthy of Storm, just look at that BP cover by Alex Ross, and that's on T'Challa's 200th issue. Or how Coates constantly had T'Challa exalting and apologizing to Storm but rarely being shown as an equal. Hell I hear more about how Wakandans worship Storm than why she even wants to be in Wakanda in the first place, it's all just about feeding X-fans' ego because frankly Coates was more of an X-fan. Hence his obsession with injecting every D-list mutant he could find into the story.

And to top it all off T'Challa hasn't been shown as happy or confident in a long ass time. I'll be the first one to say T'Challa should struggle with the weight of the throne but damn let the dude crack a smile and have a personality that's more than "I never wanted to be king" or "I like Storm." Reading the last few years of BP there's pretty much nothing else to his being lol.

It'd be refreshing to put him with someone who isn't too cool for school and who's only purpose is to get feats at his expense. Someone who's allowed to be vulnerable and flawed when they're around him and isn't ALWAYS the one in the right. Because ya know, T'Challa's a good character and he should be shown in a positive light every now and then lol. Nightshade and Zanda are my top choices because they bring all that (conceptually at least) while also being fun-loving, eccentric characters in their own right.

And just from a numbers standpoint it's better for diversity. Storm doesn't need T'Challa to be popular. She's the favorite token of the X-Office, she'll always have a seat at the table just like T'Challa will always be a major Avenger. Whereas Zanda, Nightshade, Malice, etc. are pretty much irrelevant unless they get propped up in a book. It does so much more for black female representation in the MU to uplift a D-lister like Zanda to stardom as part of the BP franchise than having Storm leech of T'Challa's brand when she never needed to.
    That's the funny thing. To start when Hudlin placed them together, storm was "more known" then T'Challa but she didn't have this huge star power people claimed, and it wasn't till Hudlin upped T'Challas status that she started getting more recognition again.

The problem is that x office has more pill than BP. So when T'Challa showed up in the MCU and broke billy x office wanted to ride those coattails and Storm started popping up and leeching off BP. Notice how all her development is tied to T'Challa and Wakanda.

Storm isn't too good for T'Challa, it's there's no point man for BP and the folks they bring on are x fans who have no business being on the BP IP. We need a pointman to get T'Challa where he needs to be because in the end, Storm ain't the one who gets solos and can maintain them like T'Challa can. He needs someone who BP can have full creative control over and won't become a thorn in the side. Monica R would of been a better fit, but at this point get us BPQ Zanda for some fun

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    How are we feeling about Nate Moore's comments?

https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/ma...oseman-legacy/

I still dont know why no one asks the hard question. How close were to recasting T'CHalla and what ultimately made you decide not to? Whats your response to people who feel removing his character is disrespectful to Boseman and the history of the character?
    I mean, if they kill T'Challa off and don't recast that is exploitative and won't do right by his legacy because the things Chad loved about the property and built on were T'Challa. Plain and simple. T'Challa is what he liked, a good man who was an inspiration to young boys and gave them someone to look up to. And IF they kill T'Challa, they can throw all that "We wanna do right" isht out the window, IF they have some big funeral scene they are 100% exploiting Chad's death for money

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    As much as I liked Chadwick and his portrayal I do think someone can do a better T'Challa and that's because we really only had one movie to watch him grow, 1.5 if you add his maybe 10 min of screen time from CW. If given a trilogy or more solo movies like Thor and roles like the ones Steve, Tony, Thor, and Banner had in Avengers movies or other team up films, someone can do better especially if he’s more like comic T'Challa primarily Priest and Redjack. But Feige and co seem to think they can rebrand the franchise as simply the Wakanda franchise and that side characters can carry it. No doubt they probably wanted Letitia/Shuri to carry it before the recent drama.
    It's not even about "Doing it better" it's just a different take. I would say that Phoenix vs Ledger joker vs Nicolson joker it's not necessarily who's the best but it's 3 different takes on a character and each one brings a different perspective and all of them are good. Just like Priest and Hudlin show two sides of the same coin of T'Challa, I think a new actor could bring the mysterious side of T'Challa who's the manipulative planner, that's different (and rightfully so after being dead for 5 years) to Chads more compassionate but still deadly version.

There's more than one way to play T'Challa and I would consider Chad the OG GOAT, he isn't the only one that could absolutely crush it as T'Challa. I believe Aldis, Yahya, and Sope could all do a phenomenal job, among others

She was upstairs the entire time.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    She was upstairs the entire time.
    She got back from Aruba and was like, "WTF has happened these last 10 years????"