Page 126 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136176226626 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Scrolling across the Marvel spoilers Reddit I saw rumor and it is kind of interesting enough to mention. A person with a supposed "source" says that Feige and Coogler are creating a new original character to be Black Panther. The character is describe as young streetwise funny and intelligent, capable of building tech by stealing scraps from a junk yard. They are some other so called details but I am not going to waste anyone time with it.

So for the most part the rumor comes off as unbelievable to me and that board has ton of misses on the rumor mill. But one thing that does stand out about that made me want to share is that if true this would be the first original character created by Marvel studios for a film. Now that is the part that feels real to me it never crossed my mind because they are options for replacements but it kind makes in this situation Marvel can create a brand new character original character to be Black Panther. It feels like a very MCU like to want push original character unique to the brand and tout that as progress for the studio.

In this thread I know the reaction to this why not recast T'challa but I have to ask any way how do you feel about brand spanking new never seen before character as the Black Panther? Putting aside your obvious want for T'challa to "the Black Panther" and looking at MCU as alternate reality story that happen all time in comics what would it take for new character to win you over?
    Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    That's only true in the loosest sense. When you get down to it, many of the characters in the MCU (especially among the supporting cast) resemble their comics antecedents only vaguely. Hawkeye & the Scarlet Witch leap to mind, for example. You could even make the case for Captain Marvel being a new character.

As for the rumor... seriously, stop thinking about them. It just confuses things.

(And that's basically Riri Williams, anyway)
    Yeah, that's Riri Williams exactly. As far a new character being BP, no comment.

Scrolling across the Marvel spoilers Reddit I saw rumor and it is kind of interesting enough to mention. A person with a supposed "source" says that Feige and Coogler are creating a new original character to be Black Panther. The character is describe as young streetwise funny and intelligent, capable of building tech by stealing scraps from a junk yard. They are some other so called details but I am not going to waste anyone time with it.

So for the most part the rumor comes off as unbelievable to me and that board has ton of misses on the rumor mill. But one thing that does stand out about that made me want to share is that if true this would be the first original character created by Marvel studios for a film. Now that is the part that feels real to me it never crossed my mind because they are options for replacements but it kind makes in this situation Marvel can create a brand new character original character to be Black Panther. It feels like a very MCU like to want push original character unique to the brand and tout that as progress for the studio.

In this thread I know the reaction to this why not recast T'challa but I have to ask any way how do you feel about brand spanking new never seen before character as the Black Panther? Putting aside your obvious want for T'challa to "the Black Panther" and looking at MCU as alternate reality story that happen all time in comics what would it take for new character to win you over?
    This sounds more like the early rumor that the executives wanted Tchalla to be a sanitation worker and found a panther charm in the garbage.

In more positive news, today’s the three year anniversary of the movie!
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Ah yes the rags to riches story.

Honestly with all the **** we see from rumors to what other fans, Casuals, and unfans say, the amount of hoop jumping to get Erik as the new BP via resurrection or alt u universe, it's like, why? Do alt universe T'Challa. It's not Chadwicks T'Challa, they can honor Chad's work, and then recast without recasting Chads take.

But we have gone round and around with it so that's all I'm saying.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    That's only true in the loosest sense. When you get down to it, many of the characters in the MCU (especially among the supporting cast) resemble their comics antecedents only vaguely. Hawkeye & the Scarlet Witch leap to mind, for example. You could even make the case for Captain Marvel being a new character.

As for the rumor... seriously, stop thinking about them. It just confuses things.

(And that's basically Riri Williams, anyway)
    This rings pretty much 100% for 90% of the BP cast. Only Ross, T'Challa, T'Chaka, and Ramonda represent their comic counterpart. The rest are essentially Brand New characters

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Ah yes the rags to riches story.

Honestly with all the **** we see from rumors to what other fans, Casuals, and unfans say, the amount of hoop jumping to get Erik as the new BP via resurrection or alt u universe, it's like, why? Do alt universe T'Challa. It's not Chadwicks T'Challa, they can honor Chad's work, and then recast without recasting Chads take.

But we have gone round and around with it so that's all I'm saying.

This rings pretty much 100% for 90% of the BP cast. Only Ross, T'Challa, T'Chaka, and Ramonda represent their comic counterpart. The rest are essentially Brand New characters
    I’ve been saying the multiverse is the best way to keep T’Challa in the fold. And if they’re really that scared of angering Shuri fans on Twitter the best compromise is to have T’Challa and Shuri share the title of Black Panther like Miles and Peter are sharing the title of Spider-Man in both comics and video games. But that’s just my take on things.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

At this point, this is starting to get exhausting.

People saying M'Baku should be BP, Shuri should be BP, Killmonger should be BP, etc, Basically insinuating that anyone can be BP and T'Challa's BP is easily replaceable with the excuse that it's just a mantle.

They won't listen to us longtime fans so why bother. After all, the MCU cater to the casuals mostly. They can do whatever they want.
    Last edited by Dboi654; 02-16-2021 at 11:26 AM.

The MCU fandom has really been running around like a chicken without a head lately regarding Black Panther. Meh, at least we still have the comics (and that’s assuming the new writer actually gives a **** about T’Challa).
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    The MCU fandom has really been running around like a chicken without a head lately regarding Black Panther. Meh, at least we still have the comics (and that’s assuming the new writer actually gives a **** about T’Challa).
    What I fear is the synergy that we have known Marvel Comics to do with the MCU for some time now so if the idea of the new character turns out to be true, then expect something similar in the comics.

I hope this doesn't happen though.

time jump.

T'Challa's been dead for a few weeks, after a long and distinguished reign. SHURI, now on her 50s, is the regent and not interested in taking the role of Queen or Black Panther. She wants to grieve her brother and be with her husband and kids.

So the OPEN contest for the crown happens and EVERY tribe puts in a potential.

We see ALL the tribes of Wakanda, different fighting styles, men and women- it takes weeks to get down to just two- a Jibari and a Panther. BOTH masked.

The Panther wins. No one knows who he is but he's the king now. AND the Black Panther.

Who does he turn out to be? Killmonger's son with the woman he killed in the first movie. Everyone assumes he's here for revenge, to bring Wakanda down, but, in fact, he was raised BETTER than his parents and truly reveres the ways of his forefathers. If anything he's more of a throwback to the times when Wakanda was isolated and he needs SHURI to act as his Bruce Wayne (batman beyond version) to get him through the rough spots.

He's more ruthless than T'Challa but nowhere near as brilliant and makes some hothead mistakes. In the James Bond realm Shuri becomes a combo of M and Q and the New Panther is Bond.

Fixed. Everybody wins. Chadwick Boseman is "respected."
    Last edited by Redjack; 02-16-2021 at 11:57 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    time jump.

T'Challa's been dead for a few weeks, after a long and distinguished reign. SHURI, now on her 50s, is the regent and not interested in taking the role of Queen or Black panther. She wants to grieve her brother and be with her husband and kids.

So the OPEN contest for the crown happens and EVERY tribe puts in a potential.

We see ALL the tribes of Wakanda, different fighting styles, men and women- it takes weeks to get down to juste two- a Jibari and a Panther. BOTH Masked.

The panther wins. No one knows who he is but he's the king now. AND the Black panther.

Who does he turn out to be? Killmonger's son with the woman he killed in the first movie. Everyone assumes he's here for revenge, to bring Wakanda down, but, in fact, he was raised BETTER than his parents and truly reveres the ways of his forefathers. If anything he's more of a throwback to the times when Waknda was isolated and need SHURI to act as his Bruce Wayne (batman beyond version) to get him through the rough spots.

he's more ruthless than T'Challa but nowhere near as brilliant and makes some hothead mistakes. In the James Bond realm Shuri becomes a combo of M and Q and the New Panther is Bond.

Fixed. Everybody wins. Chadwick Boseman is "respected."

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    What I fear is the synergy that we have known Marvel Comics to do with the MCU for some time now so if the idea of the new character turns out to be true, then expect something similar in the comics.

I hope this doesn't happen though.
    I hope Marvel won’t be that stupid. And I think they’d be smart enough to know how bad it will look if they kill off the first Black superhero in comics.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

I think comic T'Challa is safe.

https://www.gfinityesports.com/artic...la-ps4-xbox-pc

So according to this, Wakanda as a whole is going to be a brand new region in the Avengers game, to those of you who still care about it. I might check the game out once I get myself a PS5.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

People don't watch Marvel or DC movies to see brand new characters. I wouldn't support it even if they tried this with Spider-Man or Thor. If they're not drawing off of the comic books for their material then why are they even called Marvel Movies? I know this is just a rumor but it's pretty likely going to be true the way that Coogler has spoken about the character and the way that Kevin feige is going around talking about this brand new character that they're going to introduce. The need to make t'challa AKA Black Panther feel more relatable is something that people who either don't understand the character or simply just don't like the character would attempt.

If I wasn't worried about synergy from Disney in all other forms of media then I wouldn't care but I know Disney is going to synergize
    Last edited by Ekie; 02-16-2021 at 01:01 PM.