Page 700 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 200600650690696697698699700701702703704710750800 ... LastLast
Results 10,486 to 10,500 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Knowing Marvel, they'll do an BP event leading up to a movie that won't have T'Challa in it.
    I'm expecting the upcoming run to suffer from MCU synergy. We already had Okoye come back with the same look and title as MCU Okoye, Shuri losing the white hair for a look similar to MCU Shuri and sometimes given her personality, versions of Nakia and M'Baku being introduced as allies with Nakia being used as a love interest. Whoever is taking over in the sequel will definitely be getting a big push on the comics side by shoehorning them in different comics and by giving them their own book. I don't think that T'Challa will be temporarily replaced in his own book maybe overshadowed by whomever the MCU is pushing but it wouldn't surprise me if Marvel chooses to sideline him for synergy for a while .

Who knows maybe Marvel will let Ridley write a good series about T'Challa with little synergy.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    They are saving the BP event for Wakanda vs Atlantis Part 2 once the movie details start coming

Shuri vs Namor round 2
    Unless Riri Williams is going to come in and help against a watered-down version of Namor, it's hard to see Letitia doing anything him. She barely held back Kilmonger.

I forget, she will come up with a new armored habit that she and Riri will work on together.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    I'm expecting the upcoming run to suffer from MCU synergy. We already had Okoye come back with the same look and title as MCU Okoye, Shuri losing the white hair for a look similar to MCU Shuri and sometimes given her personality, versions of Nakia and M'Baku being introduced as allies with Nakia being used as a love interest. Whoever is taking over in the sequel will definitely be getting a big push on the comics side by shoehorning them in different comics and by giving them their own book. I don't think that T'Challa will be temporarily replaced in his own book maybe overshadowed by whomever the MCU is pushing but it wouldn't surprise me if Marvel chooses to sideline him for synergy for a while .

Who knows maybe Marvel will let Ridley write a good series about T'Challa with little synergy.
    I don't know, he wasn't "officially" BP for 4-5 years while Shuri was queen? He was out after Doomwar, stepped in for DD, King of the Dead for 5(?) years, then got pseudo-killed by the broccoli Swordsman. Then we got IGEW where he was lost in space for however long. They can't keep having him disappear all the time. He's not Spidey where they have all kinds of titles for him to be in.

They'd be better off doing a Shuri/Riri(Shuriri?) team-up book. I don't think they can afford to do too much synergy in the comics

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

They are saving the BP event for Wakanda vs Atlantis Part 2 once the movie details start coming

Shuri vs Namor round 2
    Something is trending right now that is sure to cause controversy around her.

Ironically she did like tweets saying they should cancel BP2 when she stated her opinion about that something.
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 08-23-2021 at 07:45 AM.

Maybe shuri will defeat namor by giving him covid

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

[img]https://c.tenor.com/euuIUqWnGxoAAAAM/oh-oh-****.gif[/img]
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Sometiems I forget how big spider-man is.

Until **** like a trailer has the nerd community busting at the seams.

Kinda wild

(that could have been BP in10 years if his franchise was handled right.)

We will see who is the first reporter to bring it up, or if they will just handle everything surrounding the movie with kids gloves because to Chadwick

I can' tthink of anyone else that had a costume change
    I can see that. They will definitely pull out kid gloves and if the Movie goes the direction it feels like, reports when it drops will be focused on how beautiful a tribute it was to Chad and how wonderful it was that the cast was able to grieve and say goodbye to their friend on screen.

Dude remember when BPs first trailer dropped? Folks lost their minds, and birthed #BlackPantherSoLit?

Bast it feels like forever ago. Fucken Cancer. Chad was rising to be the next Denzel, and given what we heard about what if... We would of gotten a Evolution of T'Challa to the sequel that I think we all would be been stoked to see (and Iike his depiction overall in BP 1)

But I'm sure non set up Shuri with her anti vaxx actress will do just fine and knock it out the park...

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I can see that. They will definitely pull out kid gloves and if the Movie goes the direction it feels like, reports when it drops will be focused on how beautiful a tribute it was to Chad and how wonderful it was that the cast was able to grieve and say goodbye to their friend on screen.

Dude remember when BPs first trailer dropped? Folks lost their minds, and birthed #BlackPantherSoLit?

Bast it feels like forever ago. Fucken Cancer. Chad was rising to be the next Denzel, and given what we heard about what if... We would of gotten a Evolution of T'Challa to the sequel that I think we all would be been stoked to see (and Iike his depiction overall in BP 1)

But I'm sure non set up Shuri with her anti vaxx actress will do just fine and knock it out the park...
    We went from #BlackPantherSoLit to #BlackPantherSoDepressing within the span of a year. You hate to see it.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Oh sweet Bast, this is why I love this thread

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

1 at this point, yes. It appears we won't see T'Chadwicks T'Challa anymore in the MCU. If we got a version more similar to Priests I would be okay with that. Say the variant lost his father the same time Erik lost his and was forced to grow up faster and take over as king much younger.

2. No. Thing with Kasper was that he was created to appeal to white audiences by having a "light" toned character or vin diesel style character take over. Frankly that would seem like the same thing. Instead of having a Powerful Black male, they go with a more palatable light toned character to rule an African nation. In peoples eyes the closest they can get to white without pulling a Tarzan
    1. Younger T'Challa could work.

2. Given that MCCU isn't the same as the MCU, then couldn't Kasper be written differently and given more of a powerful Black Male identity that's different then say Erik's or T'challa's. Like he grows into the role and gains a better understanding of his Wakandan history and at the same time can be critical in how Wakanda has dealt with other situations, like Erik's father's death. You don't have to have a light skinned Kasper Cole. I'm just thinking outside of the box because of how some don't want T'challa to come back but others don't want Lettie taking on the mantle due to her real life (and IMO stupid) opinions on things. So he could be compromise to it, not T'challa and Not Lettie. Male hero, but not T'challa.

This needs to be pinned or something!

Also that would not be the way I'd want Namor to show up. They probably won't have him till they show the Fantastic Four or something. So you get Namorita, or someone like her. *sigh*
    Last edited by Darkspellmaster; 08-23-2021 at 09:51 AM.

I never thought there would be a day where I would have zero interest in watching a BP movie. I have to laugh to keep myself from being down with every new rumor or news we get LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    1. Younger T'Challa could work.

2. Given that MCCU isn't the same as the MCU, then couldn't Kasper be written differently and given more of a powerful Black Male identity that's different then say Erik's or T'challa's. Like he grows into the role and gains a better understanding of his Wakandan history and at the same time can be critical in how Wakanda has dealt with other situations, like Erik's father's death. You don't have to have a light skinned Kasper Cole. I'm just thinking outside of the box because of how some don't want T'challa to come back but others don't want Lettie taking on the mantle due to her real life (and IMO stupid) opinions on things. So he could be compromise to it, not T'challa and Not Lettie. Male hero, but not T'challa.
    Not younger T'Challa, but a more experienced T'Challa. He's been King for alot longer and is more Priest like due to losing his father earlier on...

Kasper. Would just be a retread of Erik but good. And of your jumping through hoops just bring T'Challa back. Basically all your doing is trading a origin story for Shuri with Kasper, except Kasper wasn't even established on the movie at all and makes even less sense.
    People seem to be missing the point of T'Challa. It's not just to get SOME Black guy I. The habit. It's about the importance of T'Challa, a character created at the hight of civil unrest who's purpose was to removal the racial stereotypes surrounding Black people and Africa.

It's the character T'Challa not the mantle, who's important and needs to continue

Not younger T'Challa, but a more experienced T'Challa. He's been King for alot longer and is more Priest like due to losing his father earlier on...

Kasper. Would just be a retread of Erik but good. And of your jumping through hoops just bring T'Challa back. Basically all your doing is trading a origin story for Shuri with Kasper, except Kasper wasn't even established on the movie at all and makes even less sense.
    People seem to be missing the point of T'Challa. It's not just to get SOME Black guy I. The habit. It's about the importance of T'Challa, a character created at the hight of civil unrest who's purpose was to removal the racial stereotypes surrounding Black people and Africa.

It's the character T'Challa not the mantle, who's important and needs to continue
    People who don’t think T’Challa is important fall into one of thre camps.

1. They’re speaking out of grief.

2. They’re woefully misinformed about the BP mythos.

3. They never really cared about T’Challa that much to begin with.

With that said and given how things seem to be going, #Variantorbust
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda