Page 656 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 156556606646652653654655656657658659660666706756 ... LastLast
Results 9,826 to 9,840 of 15079
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Yup Ahmed is my top choice next to Redjack and David Walker. I’m really tempted to say Jason Aaron too but IDK man he’s a bit too imaginative for my taste sometimes lol. He’ll **** around and have Vibraxas become BP. Or have T’Challa fight the Phoenix Force while possessed by Bast. Too many variables with him, but I think Ahmed, Redjack, and Walker got the skills.

I’m actually more convinced that Ridley can do a solid T’Challa based of his Other History than I am his Batman, even though they’re vastly different in form and function. The way he can really dig into the psychology of his characters and shed new light on their beliefs, fears, and motivations tells me that he’s gonna do a deep dive into what makes T’Challa tick, which I think we’ve been missing.

So much of the discourse surrounding the character is about how he just loves Storm and wants to protect Wakanda, but I think Ridley’s more interested in exploring how T’Challa wrestles with his relationship to his people and the friends he’s made and lost through the years. What it means to be one of the most powerful men on Earth and how he’s often been pretty underrated and forgotten in the wider consciousness of the MU.

Priest was a master of exploring T’Challa in relation to questions of power and history, Ridley looks like he’s gonna follow that example. I don’t think we’re gonna get a guy who’s unconfident in who he is or trapped by the mistakes he’s made. At least that’s the hope lol.
    That sounds so bats*** insane it crosses the line over into sheer awesome.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Yup Ahmed is my top choice next to Redjack and David Walker. I’m really tempted to say Jason Aaron too but IDK man he’s a bit too imaginative for my taste sometimes lol. He’ll **** around and have Vibraxas become BP. Or have T’Challa fight the Phoenix Force while possessed by Bast. Too many variables with him, but I think Ahmed, Redjack, and Walker got the skills.

I’m actually more convinced that Ridley can do a solid T’Challa based of his Other History than I am his Batman, even though they’re vastly different in form and function. The way he can really dig into the psychology of his characters and shed new light on their beliefs, fears, and motivations tells me that he’s gonna do a deep dive into what makes T’Challa tick, which I think we’ve been missing.

So much of the discourse surrounding the character is about how he just loves Storm and wants to protect Wakanda, but I think Ridley’s more interested in exploring how T’Challa wrestles with his relationship to his people and the friends he’s made and lost through the years. What it means to be one of the most powerful men on Earth and how he’s often been pretty underrated and forgotten in the wider consciousness of the MU.

Priest was a master of exploring T’Challa in relation to questions of power and history, Ridley looks like he’s gonna follow that example. I don’t think we’re gonna get a guy who’s unconfident in who he is or trapped by the mistakes he’s made. At least that’s the hope lol.
    If JA was writing T'Challa like he is on the Avengers? Most definitely. If he went off and started falling into to AvX? Hell naw. I only want very specific JA. SWaD version, and the current avengers Version. Also I would be cool with Ewing taking a shot at the solo as well. He has proven to be pretty solidly for years now when it comes to T'Challa.

But for real Redjack is and will be my number one choice until he gets his shot

I'd like to see Vlad the impaler get a status upgrade. Become an autocratic ruler of a nation and cause political problems for T'Challa like a Putin of Russia type

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    I'd like to see Vlad the impaler get a status upgrade. Become an autocratic ruler of a nation and cause political problems for T'Challa like a Putin of Russia type
    T’Challa needs some more enemies that can cause political headaches for him.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

uh... I just don't want vampires to become a presence in Wakanda. Certain writers out there would 'gladly' make it happen. But that would be an utter failure in-universe for the ruler of Wakanda.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    uh... I just don't want vampires to become a presence in Wakanda. Certain writers out there would 'gladly' make it happen. But that would be an utter failure in-universe for the ruler of Wakanda.
    They shouldn’t be in Wakanda but I’d like T’Challa to fight some vampires that are from various African folklores like the lightning bird or the asanbosam.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post

Vlad the Impaler is a villain from the Liss era not a vampire and considering how Wakanda was already nearly taken out by mooks with guns, vampires finding away in wouldn't be impossible. If it means watching T'Challa mow down vampires let them in.
    Last edited by KingNomarch; 08-03-2021 at 05:15 PM.

Good idea……

Prolly just let Vlad be a villain for Kasper whenever he shows up again.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Speaking of Kasper, does anyone think he should still keep the White Tiger title or should he have a new one as the last issue of WOW alluded to?
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Speaking of Kasper, does anyone think he should still keep the White Tiger title or should he have a new one as the last issue of WOW alluded to?
    I would just expand on what the White Tiger acolytes are in Wakanda. I don't see the point of a new name and role when the original wasn't expanded on. Probably throw Sofiya in there too since she hasn't been seen or mentioned since leaving to Wakanda with T'Challa.

Eh, he will never be more than a side character. He should just stay "Kasper: Agent of Wakanda" or something
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member

Make him the new head of the Hatut Zeraze and have him take over the mantle of White Wolf. Seems like the natural direction to take him in. T’Challa trusts the guy a lot and the role he plays now as his special agent is essentially the role the HZ play anyway, might as well consolidate things and have him be the face of that faction.

I think Kasper should get a massive push as part of the core supporting cast so I’m hoping this spy that T’Challa will be saving is him. T’Challa needs more friends and Kasper is one of a handful of characters still in the mythos that actually has a close relationship with T’Challa that goes back more than the last 3-5 years.

I like the name Kasper Kole and think they should just keep it that way.

If they were to go with a name change I like American Panther more than White Tiger.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    Namora...Riri Williams???? BP2:W...gtFo can go suck a big fat one. Marvel have practically shown us the knife before making us watch them stab us in the proverbial.
    I've said it earlier, but where is the black male cast outside of Winston Duke?

Kaluuya is doing the Jordan Peele movie right now. 2018 I would have guessed a lot of star or upcoming black male actors would get roles in this franchise.