Page 815 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 315715765805811812813814815816817818819825865915 ... LastLast
Results 12,211 to 12,225 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Not really?

T'Challa was back on the throne, and wearing the habit in Avengers (in those days, the roles were separate). Kasper had willingly given up the BP mantle, and was the new White Tiger. The only real dangler was the Killpanther situation, and any decent writer could have dealt with that in the first few pages.
    Making the next writer conclude your story isn't a good look IMHO.

There is no way you can live up to it. Concluding the Killmonger situation in a couple pages and throwing it out would have been a disservice to Priest run.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Mighty Member

My What If? idea. What if Wakanda, 10,000 years old technologically advanced and secretive African country was repressive rather than enlightened? Ruled by Killmonger, the Golden Leopard king. But a more heroic,freedom fighting figure, T'Challa, with the blessing of Bast, dons the habit of the night stalking Black Panther to fight for Wakandans and bring their country into the future with justice and peace and all that crap......
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

There is no way you can live up to it. Concluding the Killmonger situation in a couple pages and throwing it out would have been a disservice to Priest run.
    I suspect Priest planned on addressing it in The Crew, but we all know how well THAT worked out.

(And considering that the next run ignored the Priest run COMPLETELY {for valid reasons} I can't really complain. )

Quote Originally Posted by MouserGrey View Post
    My What If? idea. What if Wakanda, 10,000 years old technologically advanced and secretive African country was repressive rather than enlightened? Ruled by Killmonger, the Golden Leopard king. But a more heroic,freedom fighting figure, T'Challa, with the blessing of Bast, dons the habit of the night stalking Black Panther to fight for Wakandans and bring their country into the future with justice and peace and all that crap......
    "Wakanda actually sort of sucks as a country" is not a great move, IMO.

Mighty Member

As long as T'Challa rocks, I don't care.

I think it's fair to say that Coates' initial sales were not due to movie hype but instead were driven by his literary reputation (such as it was).

But it's also fair to say that he utterly failed to capitalize on the movie push, choosing instead to double-down on his navel-gazing polemics.

I mean, he goes out of his way to introduce a character named after the love interest in the movie, and kills her off!
    That and it was also helped by the fact that Avengers EMH had showcased Panther and then Hickmans run had showcased Panther in Marvels biggest event in years. After that Coats came along. Its hard to pinpoint which circumstance helped most. Ridley has nothing good helping him step into the run.
    Last edited by Ekie; 10-19-2021 at 10:18 AM.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Roxane Gay on comic book characters
    RG: I think a lot about superheroes and pain, especially with Batman, I’m a little obsessed, because I’m always like, “You're a billionaire.” Now, I know you can't replace parents, but, “Sir, let’s process and get some therapy here.”
    Good interview of the The Marvels director if you're interested.
    https://www.inverse.com/entertainmen...-gay-interview

Hmmm.....Batman?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Hmmm.....Batman?
    More like Zorro.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

He probably planned to but Marvel should have let him wrap up the Killmonger storyline before canceling his run or not make him replace T'Challa to artificially boost sales.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    He probably planned to but Marvel should have let him wrap up the Killmonger storyline before canceling his run or not make him replace T'Challa to artificially boost sales.
    Sure but on the flip side, Priest had been in the business long enough that he knew the end was near.

Like... why ressurect Killmonger 2 issues before cancellation lol. he coulda left the dude dead

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Hmmm.....Batman?
    Yup. What if? Why not? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Roxane Gay on comic book characters
    What is it about some of these people that can't grasp the fiction part of superhero stuff?

"jUsT gEt ThErApY" in regards to mental health trauma is like telling a morbidly obese rich person to "just get a personal chef and diet and exercise" or maybe process her eating addictoin and get some therapy instead of getting a sleeve gastrectomy................

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    That and it was also helped by the fact that Avengers EMH had showcased Panther and then Hickmans run had showcased Panther in Marvels biggest event in years. After that Coats came along. Its hard to pinpoint which circumstance helped most. Ridley has nothing good helping him step into the run.
    There's a lot of Coates run that Ridley can ignore. The thing that will likely have to be addressed is Shuri's status.

What does she do? What role does she fill? Now is the time for her to leave Wakanda and do other things, i.e. join a team. Now that we have the IGEW maybe shoe could join GotG and have her visit every once in a while.

But nothing else from Coates needs to make it into Ridley's run.

Yup. What if? Why not? Lol
    This means we're still dealing with a dysfunctional Wakanda. We've seen enough of that. I don't mind a little internal conflict but when it borders on civil war, it's getting to be repetitive and uninteresting.

More like Zorro.
    I'd like to see a Black Panther/Blade Runner type story. T'Challa wakes up to a future Wakanda like he's never seen before. All hi tech, very little organic and AIs built to be human.