Page 519 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 19419469509515516517518519520521522523529569619 ... LastLast
Results 7,771 to 7,785 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I just realized the solicit for that Last Annihilation thing as "as a new hero emerges"

They talking about M'baku? Is this the beginning of his push?

They just gonna pull a Shuri where he magically jus tbecomes the MCU version? Jabari clan and all? or what.

Why didn' thtey jus tredeem ol' mbaku a bit and take off his monkey suit?
    NuNakia returns. Movie synergy man, movie synergy.

Astonishing Member

I just hope it isn't a mystery thing.

tell me who it is is on the run/in danger from the get go.

I'm about sick of "mystery" comics and shows and shit lol. I don't want to wait for the "reveal." It disappoints 90% of the time.

just give me t'challa in a spy thriller adventure action story
    I wouldn’t be mad at it being a mystery for like 3 issues but if this reveal gets dragged out I agree it’d be annoying. But as long as it’s worth it I’ll be fine.

Based on what the solicits say T’Challa is the one keeping the secret so maybe us the audience will be in on it and the real story is T’Challa making sure his friends and family don’t find out. That would be more interesting especially if it’s something that will really damage his relationship with them.

Part of me says it’s a secret girlfriend/kid but Marvel doesn’t have the guts to do that lol. And honestly I don’t think I’d want that. We have no clues what it is but I’ll bet that it’s related to vibranium weaponry.

I just realized the solicit for that Last Annihilation thing as "as a new hero emerges"

They talking about M'baku? Is this the beginning of his push?

They just gonna pull a Shuri where he magically jus tbecomes the MCU version? Jabari clan and all? or what.

Why didn' thtey jus tredeem ol' mbaku a bit and take off his monkey suit?
    It’s probably making M’Baku the resident Wakandan space guy or something but we kinda already had one introduced in SWORD #6 today. Allowing Coates to bring in AU versions of the movie characters was awfully stupid even by Marvel editorial standards.

They probably saw the floundering sales on the book and thought a quick infusion of MCU synergy would help it. With no regard for how the characters they introduced only shared a name with the originals. Is it really M’Baku if he doesn’t worship the White Gorilla God, embraces technology, and didn’t grow up in the Jabari-lands?

Rather than forcing Coates to finish his book faster or waiting to do a proper reintroduction they forced synergy in a bid to salvage sales and left Ridley with this awkward ass cast of supporting characters that have no sense of history.
    Last edited by chief12d; 06-23-2021 at 09:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I wouldn’t be mad at it being a mystery for like 3 issues but if this reveal gets dragged out I agree it’d be annoying. But as long as it’s worth it I’ll be fine.

Based on what the solicits say T’Challa is the one keeping the secret so maybe us the audience will be in on it and the real story is T’Challa making sure his friends and family don’t find out. That would be more interesting especially if it’s something that will really damage his relationship with them.

Part of me says it’s a secret girlfriend/kid but Marvel doesn’t have the guts to do that lol. And honestly I don’t think I’d want that.
    The trend I'm noticing lately with Marvel is that if they kick off a new series, it will take about 12 issues to wrap up the storyline.

Unless you're currently Captain America and it will take about 20-30 issues to wrap up, if there are no 6-8 month delays.

I at least like how TChalla looks on the cover of the Last Annihilation. You can tell some thought went into the costume. I don’t like it when people still make the costume look like cloth or just a bodysuit made from rubber. The suit is made from micro-tech, the suit is composed of vibranium modules that are connected. And yes I bought that Black Panther Ultimate Guide for sixteen dollars because I’m ridiculous when it comes to this kind of stuff, in order to know that.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    NuNakia returns. Movie synergy man, movie synergy.
    They’ve killed Nakia off twice in like 3 years, someone at editorial definitely doesn’t care for her lol. I think it’ll be M’Baku taking on a new role in Wakandan space and maybe even getting a new mantle.

These space characters are so stupid lol. Just do what Digicom’s been saying and just have it so Nakia is a common name in Wakanda. Or revamp Monica Lynne. But since she’s not in the movies that probably won’t happen.

Oh and just to freak Dboi out and others...

Notice it is "The Last Annihilation: WAKANDA #1"

Not Black Panther.

Let the synergy begin?

Are we getting the slow push to the back ground of T'challa?

I feel so numb to feel anything at this point lol

They’ve killed Nakia off twice in like 3 years, someone at editorial definitely doesn’t care for her lol. I think it’ll be M’Baku taking on a new role in Wakandan space and maybe even getting a new mantle.

These space characters are so stupid lol. Just do what Digicom’s been saying and just have it so Nakia is a common name in Wakanda. Or revamp Monica Lynne. But since she’s not in the movies that probably won’t happen.
    people gonna google the movie and get that terrible awful mini lol

whoever is in charge of trades at marvel freaking out right now

Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I’m really liking the solicitations for Ridleys run so far. Though that variant cover really makes me wish we had a proper T’Challa/Miles team up already.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I’m really liking the solicitations for Ridleys run so far. Though that variant cover really makes me wish we had a proper T’Challa/Miles team up already.
    Me too. Finally some excitement about a BP solo comic.

Please let it last.

They should have never intro'ed her in the IGEW. She would have definitely been better off as one of T'Challa's sleeper agent's in Ridley's upcoming run.

Not letting Knull bully and devastate your galaxies into needing handouts is petty now? Lmao

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

solicits look really good as do the covers. let's see where things go!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    solicits look really good as do the covers. let's see where things go!!
    I think the new hero emerging in the solicits for Annihilation Wakanda #1 is going to be Shuri. I could be wrong, and I hope I am, because that’s too obvious imo. And I like her in the role of being just a tech genius who helps out when she needs to.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    They should have never intro'ed her in the IGEW. She would have definitely been better off as one of T'Challa's sleeper agent's in Ridley's upcoming run.
    If Marvel wanted their damned synergy they should’ve pushed Coates off the book. Or waited for him to complete his story before reintroducing the characters. There was no easy way to revamp M’Baku or Nakia in a space setting without altering them to the point they might as well have been different characters. An all-new Nakia would’ve been perfect for this arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    Not letting Knull bully and devastate your galaxies into needing handouts is petty now? Lmao
    Of course it’s petty, some X-fans think that if the rest of the MU isn’t worshiping at the altar of the X-Men then they deserve to be steamrolled and attacked lol. This has been a thing in fandom for years which is why many of them hate T’Challa and Wakanda. And that’s not the only reason lol.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    I think the new hero emerging in the solicits for Annihilation Wakanda #1 is going to be Shuri. I could be wrong, and I hope I am, because that’s too obvious imo. And I like her in the role of being just a tech genius who helps out when she needs to.
    Isn’t Shuri already a hero? She’s been teaming up and making regular appearances like a hero would. But I guess being a hero isn’t one of her main identities the way it is for T’Challa.