Page 66 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116166566 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Well looks like Coogler is still gonna be around past BP2. Apparently there’s a Wakanda show in the works for Disney +. https://deadline.com/2021/02/black-p...ia-1234684707/
    Well, we talked it up enough. I'll be interested to see what they do with this.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Kinda weird given that we were assuming that World Of Wakanda would essentially be what BP2 would have to be, but hey more Wakanda stuff is awesome. I could be slightly suspect and say this is Disney responding to Wonder Woman and the Amazons project with their own take.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    And I feel nothing
    All I care about is the comics in the hopes T’Challa gets a proper, comic accurate depiction in the next decade. I’m only watching BP2 to honor the passing of Boseman and any other BP material from Disney depends on what it’s about and who’s the focus. Not excited but not angry at this news. Hope it puts respect on T’Challa’s name in his unfortunate absence.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    All I care about is the comics in the hopes T’Challa gets a proper, comic accurate depiction in the next decade. I’m only watching BP2 to honor the passing of Boseman and any other BP material from Disney depends on what it’s about and who’s the focus. Not excited but not angry at this news. Hope it puts respect on T’Challa’s name in his unfortunate absence.
    Outside of the odd reference to "t'challa's teachings" I doubt they do anything other than move on and Create brand new stories Kugler wants to tell. My guess would be that they're just going to hand him the franchise and wipe their hands with it hoping that he can keep producing black content That will make enough money to keep Justifying putting it out there In the name of diversity.
    But I really don't know what "his teachings" would be Since he seems to have learned all of his lessons from his supporting cast ala Coats.
    Expect more Thor saves Wakanda moments From the movie verse major movies
    Last edited by Ekie; 02-01-2021 at 03:10 PM.

With no T'Challa around any more, not really excited. When it comes to BP content in the MCU I'm only interested in knowing how they'll explain T'Challa's absence. Killing him offscreen, worse option IMO. Saying he stepped down to let Shuri or someone else rule and BP wouldn't make sense for his character or hers at the moment.

If we were getting a BP anthology series that focused on different BPs from different eras, that I'd be excited to see.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Well looks like Coogler is still gonna be around past BP2. Apparently there’s a Wakanda show in the works for Disney +. https://deadline.com/2021/02/black-p...ia-1234684707/
    Let’s Go!! Finally some good news. There are so many directions they could go with this but I’m excited that Ryan is involved in this corner of the MCU. Sounds like he’s going to be doing multiple shows with the studio too.

It’s hard to even begin to speculate when we don’t know what the new status quo will be for Wakanda after BP2. But I’m hoping for more war dogs and Dora, but I wouldn’t be against seeing previous panthers either.

Incredible Member

People for year's wanting Tchalla and Wakanda mythos in the spotlight, and now we have that and folks still acting goofy.
    Last edited by Dariel81; 02-01-2021 at 03:49 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pumbaa View Post
    Let’s Go!! Finally some good news. There are so many directions they could go with this but I’m excited that Ryan is involved in this corner of the MCU. Sounds like he’s going to be doing multiple shows with the studio too.

It’s hard to even begin to speculate when we don’t know what the new status quo will be for Wakanda after BP2. But I’m hoping for more war dogs and Dora, but I wouldn’t be against seeing previous panthers either.
    This is legit BIG NEWS!!!

All hope is lost on my side. As a person who has invested half of his life getting attached to the character, this really hurt me and I don't I will forgive Marvel for it even though I kind of understand why they did it. That sense of enthusiasm for anything BP or even MCU related is gone and even if Marvel decides to recast the character, it would take a while for me to adjust.

I might sound a bit sensitive but this is how I feel.
    Last edited by Dboi654; 02-01-2021 at 02:57 PM.

I just listened to Chapter 1...

My early prediction is that Redjack is going to see more of my money this month!

Carry on...
    Get Hectic!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    People for year's wanting Tchalla and Wakanda mythos in the spotlight, and now we do folks still acting goofy..
    I know right.

Look, no one including Marvel wanted Chadwick’s death in franchise. Circumstances beyond anyone’s control. But unfortunately we have to move past it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Outside of the odd reference to "t'challa's teachings" I doubt they do anything other than move on and Create brand new stories Kugler wants to tell. My guess would be that they're just going to hand him the franchise and wipe their hands with it hoping that he can keep producing black content That will make enough money to keep Justifying putting it out there In the name of diversity.
    But I really don't know what "his teachings" would be Since he seems to have learned all of his lessons from his supporting cast ala Coats.
    Expect more Thor saves Wakanda moments From the movie verse major movies
    I'll wait to see what they do but you may be onto something. The only thing MCU BP I'm definitely gonna watch is the sequel, everything else is on a case by case basis. Happy there's a black man getting work though and I hope that whatever radical changes are made to MCU Wakanda don't trickle into the comics if they're not good for the franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    All hope is lost on my side. As a person who has invested half of his life getting attached to the character, this really hurt me and I don't I will forgive Marvel for it even though I kind of understand why they did it. That sense of enthusiasm for anything BP or even MCU related is gone and even if Marvel decides to recast the character, it would take a while for me to adjust.

I might sound a bit sensitive but this is how I feel.
    The decision not to recast dampens my interest in future BP projects across every medium and I don't feel any shame about that. The IP was built around T'Challa and now it'll probably be a decade before he even gets to touch his full potential as a character on the big screen, I feel justified in being skeptical and disappointed as a fan of nearly 2 decades. Completely understand the decision, still don't agree or like it so I'm spending my dollars as I see fit.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I know right.

Look, no one including Marvel wanted Chadwick’s death in franchise. Circumstances beyond anyone’s control. But unfortunately we have to move past it.
    Everyone here has accepted the decision for what it was, whether they agree or disagree. There's absolutely nothing wrong about being disinterested in future projects and the implication that we must feel some other way is childish. People will mourn Chadwick's loss and the subsequent elimination of his iconic character differently and that's perfectly fine to express in an open forum. You're free to make a thread about this series where it can be eagerly anticipated without any controversy or disappointment.

I'll wait to see what they do but you may be onto something. The only thing MCU BP I'm definitely gonna watch is the sequel, everything else is on a case by case basis. Happy there's a black man getting work though and I hope that whatever radical changes are made to MCU Wakanda don't trickle into the comics if they're not good for the franchise.

The decision not to recast dampens my interest in future BP projects across every medium and I don't feel any shame about that. The IP was built around T'Challa and now it'll probably be a decade before he even gets to touch his full potential as a character on the big screen, I feel justified in being skeptical and disappointed as a fan of nearly 2 decades. Completely understand the decision, still don't agree or like it so I'm spending my dollars as I see fit.
    Honestly, I starting to think this is the end of T'Challa as I don't see the MCU rebooting any of their properties. It's even more frustrating thinking of all the mythos built around T'Challa for over 60+ years consisting of some of his best story arcs get flushed down. No T'Challa ve Namor, no T'Challa meeting the fantastic Four, no Sturm Und Drang, etc.

This decision to make a Wakanda series is probably the best thing Marvel has done with regards to the BP franchise since Chadwick's death but Wakanda without T'Challa is something I can't get into

Incredible Member

Also i apologize if i come off as some jerk.its Just ive been waiting years for all this Wakanda goodness. I do hope they Recast T'challa at some point.